Feb07 New Taoc Official Video Released

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
I'm not sure if you've improved this since the release of the video, but the fast bowler's run up should be improved. At the moment it looks quite tacky. I know it's extremely hard to get right, but it would be my suggestion for an improvement.

The game is looking great overall. Keep it up!

aprofromindia

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
can I ask a question?

Do you think the graphics looks very 2d, anyone? no complaintsthough!

can I ask a question?

Another little thing, I think the Slip fielders sit in a little bit more or else their legs are a little bit wider rto support them better

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Adarsh said:
I'm not sure if you've improved this since the release of the video, but the fast bowler's run up should be improved. At the moment it looks quite tacky. I know it's extremely hard to get right, but it would be my suggestion for an improvement.

The game is looking great overall. Keep it up!

Yes, this has been severely improved, looks much better now. This was very difficult because it had to be done from scratch by hand, i.e. no mocap. Walk and run cycle are very hard to do by hand

aprofromindia said:
can I ask a question?

can I ask a question?

Another little thing, I think the Slip fielders sit in a little bit more or else their legs are a little bit wider rto support them better

graphics 2d > no, i think they look 3d and guess what, they are in fact 3d

slip fielders > i disagree, though i think it's insignificant in any case

look, i've said it before and i'll say it again, if you want great graphics, go play EA or BLIC...if you want gameplay, play TAOC, it's really that simple.

imho, i actually prefer TAOC in game graphics and cameras to the others. It doesn't have the bells and whistles like shaders (yet) but it actually is more realistic in terms of scale and look, and i can tell you that TAOC physics cr@ps all over the others. Unfortunately i cant prove it yet though to you guys until the beta is released.

Last edited:

daleroy

School Cricketer
legend_master said:
Yes, this has been severely improved, looks much better now. This was very difficult because it had to be done from scratch by hand, i.e. no mocap. Walk and run cycle are very hard to do by hand

graphics 2d > no, i think they look 3d and guess what, they are in fact 3d

slip fielders > i disagree, though i think it's insignificant in any case

look, i've said it before and i'll say it again, if you want great graphics, go play EA or BLIC...if you want gameplay, play TAOC, it's really that simple.

imho, i actually prefer TAOC in game graphics and cameras to the others. It doesn't have the bells and whistles like shaders (yet) but it actually is more realistic in terms of scale and look, and i can tell you that TAOC physics cr@ps all over the others. Unfortunately i cant prove it yet though to you guys until the beta is released.

Go tell LM!!!!

Too bloody right. Whingers about graphics **** me to :crying

andy82

Club Cricketer
The graphics are fantastic (Maybe apart from the crowd but that isn't a big deal), Apro is just talking out of his arse.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
aprofromindia said:
can I ask a question?

can I ask a question?

Legend Master notices every nook and crany, so basically, all will be improved consistantly throughout the project.

Just be patient.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
andy82 said:
The graphics are fantastic (Maybe apart from the crowd but that isn't a big deal), Apro is just talking out of his arse.

They were just a few honest observations, although completely wrong.

maverick_12210

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Looks like i'll have to re-post my thoughts again since most of the members here are commenting on TAOC Graphics being Tacky!!!!

According to me, for any good cricket game to succeed...

The following options have to be present irrespective of Good Graphics or Bad Graphics...

1. Choice.... yes u read it write..choice....Choice to set up a custom field...choice to play a particular shot....choice to bowl a certain delivery at a certain spot..at a certain speed..choice..to edit squads....choice to select from a wide range of stadiums to play a certain match....choice to select Computer's Team's Line-up (EA's Cricket's does not have this feature)

2. Realistic Gameplay..wherein it can be really difficult to chase even a modest target of 200 or 220 on a dry/dusty wicket with the likes of Kumble, Harbhajan Or Muralitharan bowling against you...or it can be good to set up a challenging score like 300 or 320 odd on a batsman's paradise of a wicket...a Game in which the ball really swings & spins as per the weather & pitch conditions..

The above 2 features were promised by the bigwigs at EA Sports & Codies when they were releasing their Cricket Sims mainly Cricket 2005 & BLIC 2005, i still remember the tall claims made by Andrew Wilson in his interviews posted in this forum regarding Cricket 2005....but u can see the end result...BLIC 2005 beat Cricket 2005 by a long way despite having mediocre graphics & limited range of shots when compare 2 Cricket 2005..

All i can say is....if you Compare EA's past releases like Cricket 2000, 2002, 2004 & 2005, i can say that EA has done nothing but CHEATING on serious Cricket Game lovers by offering them Cheap B Grade Games which downgrade their own high standard of games like FIFA & NBA & inturn make the game of Cricket look like a Joker's Simulation!!! despite every year boosting on the new features which r gonna added up....The only thing which is added up is BUGS & POOR AI...

Legend_master...whatever u have created is a great effort & we all here salute U for your magnificient effort to bring out the Greatest Cricket Game Ever..despite limited facilities.....

Go on mate...Your Graphics are too good..if any one complain...let him play EA Cricket 2002 & 2004 & tell him to sue Andrew Wilson & Jeremy Wellard who only make false promises before every release....

Mate we want a game with Realistic Gameplay & Lots of Choice for us inside the game like i mentioned in my 1st para above....

i m sure if you make a game with Realistic AI & wide range of selection in terms of Stadiums, Teams & Gameplay...then TCP will indeed become the Greatest Cricket Game EVER.....

cheers,

-=Maverick_12210=-

The above message is for all those who find the graphics Tacky!!!

Mates this is what we want from a great cricket game , and this post was also acknowledged as a good thought by legend_master himself..
So lets all get up & salute him for all his efforts, if u cant...then i suggest u try creating a cricket sim all alone by yourself & lets see how u can shape up...

It's easy to comment than to perform

Apologies if it hurts anyone but this was my viewpoint

-=Maverick_12210=-

legend_master

Thanks, everyone, as i've said before, it's the support of the community that keeps me going despite the enormous hurdles ahead. :cheers

@Maverick, nice to see you back, and great post, i totally agree

maverick_12210

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
legend_master said:
Thanks, everyone, as i've said before, it's the support of the community that keeps me going despite the enormous hurdles ahead. :cheers

@Maverick, nice to see you back, and great post, i totally agree

Thanks legend_master
:)

It's good to be back...& i m raring to go!!!!

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
LM, in the next vid, could you please show the different strokes and bowling actions?

Toecrusher

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I cant seem to play the last 2 videos on the official site...even with VLC player. Any suggestions?

legend_master

we are going to post a link for some codecs downloads on the site soon, but you should try getting a codec pack such as Klite or Storm etc. These can be found by doing google searches - all free of course.

LM

ps: Will, yes i will be doing that for the next video(s), tho they will be still some time away...

Users who are viewing this thread