Should the fielding radar be added?

• Yes it should be added.

Votes: 105 42.7%
  • No!! It should never be added

Votes: 52 21.1%
  • Maybe, or should be added and optional

Votes: 89 36.2%

• Total voters
But the issue (at least for me) is not about remembering where the fielders are. The issue is not being able to see if there is a player standing at the boundary or not. I almost go blind trying to squint through the other colors on the screen to ensure there is no deep midwicket.

I basically agree with you, with the exception that I'm getting used to it and enjoying the challenge more and more... I don't think I could (or will) switch on any help to see fielders because I enjoying surveying the field each over now, if you'd asked me that 2 or 3 days ago I would've said "Great, we'll have some little fielding identifiers in a patch" but actually based on my last few innings batting and scoring pretty consistently in gaps and getting better at reading the field changes, I'll probably switch it off if it's on by default.

I'll repeat what I've said again; Alot of the niggles people are experiencing are caused by, and a direct result of the over-powered fielding in the game. Once that's sorted, I truly believe it'll be easier to hit gaps and things like the lack of a radar will be embraced because you won't have The Avengers in the outfield against you for 50 overs...

Its looking as its supposed to look, but you want to change it to just make picking fielders easier, i think having that batsman eyeview cam(pro cam view) to pick fielders is absolutely realistic and challenging as its supposed to be, for those who have trouble doing so the solution @Ross has offered is pretty good IMO.
check these out ,these are the closest to the batsman eye view other than you getting out in the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure FOX's "Helmet Cam" was the inspiration for PRO mode... and unsurprisingly, it's pretty damn hard to make out fielders. Shock.

It's kinda weird that I looked that bearded guy in the eye while pooing...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll repeat what I've said again; Alot of the niggles people are experiencing are caused by, and a direct result of the over-powered fielding in the game. Once that's sorted, I truly believe it'll be easier to hit gaps and things like the lack of a radar will be embraced because you won't have The Avengers in the outfield against you for 50 overs...

this is a very good point. toning down the fielding will have a big knock-on effect in other areas and improve things a lot.

I can track back about 50 - 60% of the reported bugs in that thread to the overzealous fielding, I think that's why Ross is just being coy on a few of the reported bugs especially the batting difficulty one, because based on my game time I estimate 40% of my 'failures' are a direct result of the unbeatable mid on and mid off fielders running me out or taking impossible catches, add in the unbeatable bowlers fielding of anything hit remotely close to him and that's 1/3 of the field you can't hit a single ball anywhere near.

Fix that, the radar becomes irrelevant to an extent because you instantly have the ability to hit it past fielders... Which you simply cannot do currently.

I'm pretty sure FOX's "Helmet Cam" was the inspiration for PRO mode... and unsurprisingly, it's pretty damn hard to make out fielders. Shock.

Yes, helmet cam gives exactly the same view as Pro Cam and that's my point. You really do get it @Biggs ;) Through the Batsman's eyes wouldn't give you such an acute vanishing point.
It probably gives a wider field of view but if you can't see the fielders there's not much point.

Last edited:
Through the Batsman's eyes wouldn't give you such an acute vanishing point.

No there is a decent diff in the game cam to the helmet cam seen but obviously thats the inspiration and the good things of it has been taken into account, also the difference isnt much unfortunately i cant prove it to you as no batsman will be willing to sacrifice the eyes socket..:facepalm

you cant always keep full track of fielders in a real game either esp the deep fielders.

That is not a solution! It is only a cheap work around.

Ross better get his act together and work on a proper solution :facepalm. Its painful to keep having to look around while also being time consuming!

In fact this feature is really putting me off playing the game, batting on Pro is hard enough, but with this crappy design decision its now not only hard but also annoying!

Really? I think it's a genius solution, in that it continues to capture the actual game of Cricket (they never once gave me a radar when I went out to bat - and I _have_ been dismissed because I didn't notice a guy)

Note also that you don't need to "keep looking around". Just after each over, and if there's a fielding change cutscene.

Cricket is mostly a game of waiting.

Believe he took "maybe" votes as people wanting a radar. Then it does come out to be 70%

Yes you are right adding up the two makes over 70%, maybe @SnowyCasanova has difficulty in counting?

The 3rd option are for people who want the option of turning the radar on/off whenever they see fit, which means they want it to be there as well but with a toggle. Which combined with the Yes option gives 70%, is that so hard for you to understand?

There is only 29% of people who don't want the option of having radar at all cause they are just being silly and want to be different just for the sake of being different. Even if it means keeping a broken game mechanic unchanged.

----------

at least try the new solution when the patch is out, then see how you feel.

We have already seen the new solution in the images that Ross showed, and unfortunately no its not a solution that will work in the long run.

Is it an improvement? Yes of course it is as at the moment we can't even distinguish where fielders are standing. But not everyone wants to look through helmet mode to see where fielders are standing.

Basically, theres at least two types of audiences playing this game, one who want to play the game third person helmet cam view and want the most realistic experience with no hud at all! The second batch of people who just want to play a realistic cricket game for fun without stupid niggles and who don't care about a small radar appearing for a few seconds before a bowl is balled.

Users who are viewing this thread