Online Cricket Games Owned
The final 3 are Messi, Ronaldo and Neuer. Who should it be? Have your say

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Of course Ronaldo. No doubts about that and a goalkeeper should never ever win Ballon d'Or because Casillas never won one.

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Of course Ronaldo. No doubts about that and a goalkeeper should never ever win Ballon d'Or because Casillas never won one.

By that logic,Lev Yashin never deserved one -__-
Its unfair.Ronaldo was good in 2014,he has titles..Although I want Messi to win(call me a fanboy,you'll definitely unless you think about that extension given to the winner for 2013)..we cant ignore that Manuel Neuer won it all except the UEFA CL last year.He was prolific at the WC and perhaps the only one after Lev Yashin to feature on that list.If your logic of titles define the BdO awarding,where were you when Ribery won it all in 2013 and no one voiced support for him?.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
By that logic,Lev Yashin never deserved one -__-
Its unfair.Ronaldo was good in 2014,he has titles..Although I want Messi to win(call me a fanboy,you'll definitely unless you think about that extension given to the winner for 2013)..we cant ignore that Manuel Neuer won it all except the UEFA CL last year.He was prolific at the WC and perhaps the only one after Lev Yashin to feature on that list.If your logic of titles define the BdO awarding,where were you when Ribery won it all in 2013 and no one voiced support for him?.

And here goes...all the previous 4 BDOs have been awarded to someone with the highest goals and no doubts about that, this season Ronaldo has the highest goals and he deserves the BDO. And Lev is history as a player, stop comparing that world with this one. Casillas didn't win a BDO so from now on no GK should, else award him at least three. This is fair now.

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
What else did Casillas win apart from the WC and the Yashin award.I dont remember him winnin the league over 2010-11 or anything else.Neuer won the Yashin award and the WC,apart from that the BuLi and the Pokal.Plus,he has been underrated this time around for sure.Its true that he is not a superstar like Messi or Ronadlo,but give him credit where it is due

Meanwhile,penalty for Real Madrid :p(Just Kidding,dont get serious on this)

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
And here goes...all the previous 4 BDOs have been awarded to someone with the highest goals and no doubts about that, this season Ronaldo has the highest goals and he deserves the BDO. And Lev is history as a player, stop comparing that world with this one. Casillas didn't win a BDO so from now on no GK should, else award him at least three. This is fair now.
FYI when Messi won 4 BDOs,he had far more goals than Ronaldo + his assists were about 3 times more than that of Ronaldo's.And Casillas wasn't even nominated for the top 3 in 2010 , & Ronaldo has more goals but less assists than Messi this year...

Last edited:

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
What else did Casillas win apart from the WC and the Yashin award.I dont remember him winnin the league over 2010-11 or anything else.Neuer won the Yashin award and the WC,apart from that the BuLi and the Pokal.Plus,he has been underrated this time around for sure.Its true that he is not a superstar like Messi or Ronadlo,but give him credit where it is due

Meanwhile,penalty for Real Madrid :p(Just Kidding,dont get serious on this)

Okay but that doesn't mean that he deserves to win the BDO and hasn't he got the credits by getting nominated?

And Casillas won the European GK of the year in 2010-2011. Where's the voice of the voiceless now?

FYI when Messi won 4 BDOs,he had far more goals than Ronaldo + his assists were about 3 times more than that of Ronaldo's.And Casillas wasn't even nominated for the top 3 in 2010 , & Ronaldo has more goals but less assists than Messi this year...

And that's exactly why Ronaldo deserves to win this BDO, he has more goals(+)assists than Messi this season.

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Okay but that doesn't mean that he deserves to win the BDO and hasn't he got the credits by getting nominated?

And Casillas won the European GK of the year in 2010-2011. Where's the voice of the voiceless now?

And that's exactly why Ronaldo deserves to win this BDO, he has more goals(+)assists than Messi this season.

Only a difference of 2 between them (both of them are very close),whereas Neuer is far more superior than any goal keeper( Or midfielder :p)

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Only a difference of 2 between them (both of them are very close),whereas Neuer is far more superior than any goal keeper( Or midfielder :p)

Yeah okay and since you guys are talking about the logic where a player wins BDO by winning trophies and stuffs then CR7 deserves it.

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
European GK.Pretty sure Neuer picked it after Casillas.Its good to defend your team player.But you seem to ignore the status of him in the team.He's good this season but what about last one.The only reason that he kept the sticks because he wanted La Decima.As far as I like him,I have to say this that after 2010,it's always Neuer who has outshined Casillas.

The guy has been consistent in winning trophies(No matter how one-sided BuLi is).For me,he's outshined Leo and Cristiano.To be a GK and to appear on the list without the stardom that the other two enjoy really makes him the favourite for the BdO

Yeah okay and since you guys are talking about the logic where a player wins BDO by winning trophies and stuffs then CR7 deserves it.
Ribery lost it because he had less makeup items than Ronaldo(or none) or did he not endorse some underpants before the BdO?

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Ribery lost it because he had less makeup items than Ronaldo(or none) or did he not endorse some underpants before the BdO?

And where are the freakin stats now? :eek: CR7 had way more better stats than Ribéry last season.

European GK.Pretty sure Neuer picked it after Casillas.Its good to defend your team player.But you seem to ignore the status of him in the team.He's good this season but what about last one.The only reason that he kept the sticks because he wanted La Decima.As far as I like him,I have to say this that after 2010,it's always Neuer who has outshined Casillas.

The guy has been consistent in winning trophies(No matter how one-sided BuLi is).For me,he's outshined Leo and Cristiano.To be a GK and to appear on the list without the stardom that the other two enjoy really makes him the favourite for the BdO

What are you talking about?! You seem to forget about 2007-2010 seasons where Iker had no competitor. It was then when he deserved at least a nomination like Neuer.

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
He only rose to prominence in 2010(Internationally.Bad luck he didn't get a nomination.)
As far as 2008-09 are concerned,Barca ripped Madrid like all the times,overshadowed em with all those titles(Except for a couple ones maybe in 2009).Apart from that,Casillas had nothing in his favour.Even stats show that Valdes was better than him...so,no party.

Users who are viewing this thread