FIFA Ballon d'Or Award - 2010 World's Best Player

JBlues08

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Barcelona's Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Lionel Messi for Ballon d'Or - ESPN Soccernet

So, 3 Barca players battling it out for the award. Who do you think will win it?

I think any one of them could easily win it. But Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has a point of why Sneijder is not the list.

And not being biased here but why isn't Carlo Ancelotti shortlisted for the manager award? He won the Double in English football in his first season in charge! It was certainly not easy to achieve that.

EDIT: Has anyone came across this brilliant back heel volley goal? Just only notice it. :lol

Glentoran 1-0 Portadown BURROWS GOAL

Last edited:

harrisb

International Coach
Is Arshavin up for it? If he is he'll probably win it because we all know how much FIFA like the Russians these days :spy

Seriously though, i think Xavi should win it, he's better than Iniesta IMO. And Messi hasn't had a great year by his standards, Xavi and Iniesta won the World Cup in the summer.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah Xavi by far is the favorite to claim the prize. An eventful World cup coupled with a magnificent season @ Camp Nou backs him to win the Ballon D'Or . Iniesta had an outstanding WC but missed out for Barca during the important stages of the champions league last season. As for Messi, Argentina's poor show in the WC clearly dooms any chances of him claiming the prize

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Iniesta had a pretty poor domestic season. He was injured for a large part of it, and when he played, he wasn't the genius on the ball we expect from him.

Xavi has to win it. He is by far and away the best passer I've ever seen. He'll know exactly what he's going to do before he's even received the ball. Xavi is too good a player not to win it at some point.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
You can't say Messi didn't deserve to win it, it's just a real shame Xavi didn't - would've loved to have seen it go to Xavi, but Messi has been outstanding as well.

JBlues08

Club Captain
You can't say Messi didn't deserve to win it, it's just a real shame Xavi didn't - would've loved to have seen it go to Xavi, but Messi has been outstanding as well.

Agree but I do feel people like Xavi tends to be overlooked when it comes to this kind of award.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Serious controversy coming from the ballon d'Or now. It turns out that numerous people didn't vote for Xabi Alonso, but rather Xavi. The votes for Alonso were incredibly strange so it's possible that all those votes recorded as Alonso could be for Xavi. That would mean that Xavi gets 2nd place. Ridiculous that such a thing could happen.

Users who are viewing this thread