The Ballon d'Or!

Accoring to you, who should win Men's Ballon d'Or 2013?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Franck Ribery were announced as the three nominees for the FIFA Ballon d'Or, while Nadine Angerer, Marta and Abby Wambach were revealed as the nominees for the FIFA Women's World Player of the Year award on 9 December 2013. From these final shortlists, journalists, national coaches and captains will vote for the winner of the respective awards.

The winners of all of the awards will be revealed at the FIFA Ballon d?Or gala as part of a televised show at the Zurich Kongresshaus on 13 January 2014.

A 23-man shortlist for the FIFA Ballon d?Or was compiled by the FIFA Football Committee and a group of experts from France Football. It was announced on 29 October.

A ten-player shortlist was unveiled on Friday, 25 October for the FIFA's Women's Player of the Year, which was chosen by experts from FIFA's Committee for Women's Football and the FIFA Women?s World Cup and a group of experts from France Football.

[Content courtsey: FIFA.com]

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
Franck Ribery deserves it not just about scoring goals it's also about playing for the team by the way of providing more assists and importantly winning more titles.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I hate the ballon d'or anyway.

It used to be credible when it was conducted by the french football magazine whereas the fifa world player of the year was always a joke that was about nothing more than boosting the repuations of it's most marketable players.

people began to ignore it because the ballon d'or was much more accurate and reflected genuine opinion so fifa just swallowed it up so they could dictate terms.

so all in all, while it should be between ribery and ronalod, it is still between ronaldo and messi, and don't rule messi out.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think most people who aren't Messi and Ronaldo fans don't care. The one guy I know IRL who does care is a huge Ronaldo fan and every time football is brought up he brings up Ronaldo and Ballon d'Or. Other than that, it's a completely meaningless popularity contest, as Sepp Blatter so finely revealed in his speech to the high school I believe it was.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Arturo Vidal. Him not even being in the shortlist is criminal.

Out of this trio, it's hard to look beyond Ronaldo.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
In my opinion I think Messi should get the award, I have my reasons.
1. Scored the most goals last season and got the most assists.
2. Got Barca the title.

Bevab

Staff Member
1. The award ain't for the last season, it's for the calendar year.

2. Ribery and Bayern won 5 trophies.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
^So look at the whole calendar year then. Yes Ribery won the most trophies and yes it is tight between him and Messi.

War

Chairman of Selectors
1546143_10151957810802946_876431545_n.jpg

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
Read a Barca logic somewhere on FB 'Messi's injury deserves Ballon d'Or; because no could stop him, but it stopped.'
#lol

Attachments

• messi.jpg
    messi.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 6

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
I'm not laughing at Messi, but I am most laughing at Ribery right now.
Wasn't he the one who said "I am making an extra space for my Ballon d'or"? Or some thing like that, he also mentioned Messi and Ronaldo I believe but I must say Ronaldo's tears at the end.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Sssh..haters.
1512427_656721884373433_1736198522_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread