First came Michael Jordan, 2nd came Shane Warne, then came Lance 'Buddy' Franklin!

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
All of whom, wore number 23 at their respective sport.

buddy1.jpg

Only 21 years of age and is probably the most influencial AFL footballer in the competition at the moment. Despite having a fairly quiet Grand Final for someone of his standards, the guy has the potential to become the greatest AFL player the game has seen. He has acchieved so much at such a young age but his acchievements are easily overshadowed by his amazing athletic ability for someone of nearly 200cm, his exception work at ground level, and quality overhead marking. He is virtually unbeatable in a one on one contest and has been often quadruple teamed by the majority of the competition but still managed an average of 8 shots on goal per game. He has the capacity to single handedly turn a game on it's head and turn a almost certain loss into a comprehensive victory.

Acchievements at age 21
- 2005 Rising Star Nomiminee
- 2008 Coleman Medallist
- 2008 All-Australian Full Forward
- 2008 Hawthorn Best and Fairest
- 2008 Premiership Player with the Hawthorn Football Club
- 2008 State of Origin Representive
- First ever Indigenous footballer to kick 100 goals in a season
- Had over 200 shots on goal during 2008
- 2 time leading goal-kicker at Hawthorn

Lance Franklin... You are a superstar!

Last edited:
You really are such a muppet. Pietersen's not lived up to his potential? An average of 50 in both Test and ODi cricket, the England cricket captain, and one of the best fifty-hundred conversion rates in modern cricket.

Also, being the Pietersen of the AFL is about as impressive as being the Shane Warne of Bowls.

Pietersen has the potential to average higher then 50. :rolleyes:
His arguably the most talented cricketer to play the game since Gary Sobers.
If Pietersen was living up to his potential then he'd be averaging in the high 50's, maybe the 60's.

On average, AFL strikes the 2nd highest crowd attendance per game in the world. I bet if you tried to play AFL then you'd get your head knocked off ya shoulders.

Also, being the Pietersen of the AFL is about as impressive as being the Shane Warne of Bowls.

Why cant you poms just piss off, since you really do have no idea, and go play boring soccer where people dive and fall over like little girls, whilst nothing happens for 90 minutes ending in 0-0!

Anyway, Ben, seeing as your born in 1991, you would of been too young to fully see Carey's talent and dominance on the field. Its why he's named the King.

Buddy can't kick and Carey was much stronger in the air. Although buddy is a superstar in the making, Carey is still way ahead at this stage, luckily for Buddy, its only his third year.

Carey>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Daylight>>>>>>>>>Buddy

Buddy was a truck on Saturday. I hate you cocky Hawks supporters. Only person I like from your club is Crawf.

Carey's title as the best ever makes people suspicious to the point of ever accepting that someone will eventually be better, especially so soon after the Duck retired. I'm telling you, Franklin is the one.

His better at ground level, and overhead, he is more likely to beat his opponents then what Carey was. He gets more shots on goal

I would've thought that an Essendon supporter of all people would acknowledge Franklin above all as he has destroyed your team on countless times before and kicked his 100 goals in the actual season, unlike Llyod who kicked his in the finals series.

For the record, Franklin was more influencial in Hawthorn's premiership win then Carey was in North Melbourne was in their premiership win in 1996.
Carey was kept quiet all day and kicked his only goal of the day in the dying seconds of the match.
Whilst Franklin setup Mark Williams' goal in the 2nd quarter when Geelong were dominating and threatening to take the game away from Hawthorn.
Buddy's first goal came crucially in the 3rd quarter where he kicked this goal from outside fifty from the boundry line to put Hawthorn in the lead and after that Hawthorn never lost the lead.
Also set up Stewy Dew's 2nd goal late in the 3rd quarter to put the Hawks 5 goals up.
Buddy also basically sealed the premiership for Hawthorn when he kicked the first goal of the final quarter.

His better at ground level, and overhead, he is more likely to beat his opponents then what Carey was. He gets more shots on goal

I would've thought that an Essendon supporter of all people would acknowledge Franklin above all as he has destroyed your team on countless times before and kicked his 100 goals in the actual season, unlike Llyod who kicked his in the finals series.
Your whole argument is flawed when you said Buddy is better overhead.

Im not denying Buddy is a star, but Carey just did it so much better. And what team HASN'T destroyed Essendon this year:rolleyes:, we are a struggling young team. Carey used to smash us even at our prime (1998-2000)

Plus its only on the basis of Buddys first three years, he will get better, and who knows, maybe in a couple of years i shall say that he is better, but not at the moment.

Your whole argument is flawed when you said Buddy is better overhead.

Im not denying Buddy is a star, but Carey just did it so much better. And what team HASN'T destroyed Essendon this year:rolleyes:, we are a struggling young team. Carey used to smash us even at our prime (1998-2000)

Plus its only on the basis of Buddys first three years, he will get better, and who knows, maybe in a couple of years i shall say that he is better, but not at the moment.
Exactly how many times did Carey kick 100 goals in a season? Not once, and he played in a team that dominated the course of 3 years and the goal kicking was based purely on him. On the otherhand Franklin was able to accomplish it along with the likes of Roughead, Williams and Rioli all around him.

I fail to see how Carey supposedly did it 'better'. I've seen videos of him playing and everything, he is classic. I just believe Franklin is the total package and that age is just a number. He is easily the best and most amazing football player I've have ever seen.

I think it's deluded to say just because Franklin is young that he can't be rated higher then Carey. IMO, his overtaken the peak of Carey's powers after this season's performance. All we will have to see now is if he can maintain it over a long period of time.

Users who are viewing this thread