First Look!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Win said, the side profiles did look terrible earlier.(Not sure if there was some improvement made)

Agreed. But it's just mucking around and killing time at this point... creating a bit of free-hype and beta-testing. We can't see any of these players in motion, on the field and interacting with other game items yet. Until all that comes into play, they look neat on the cards - but the scales could be totally off and they'll need readjusting I imagine to interact with the other important in-game stuff.

Agreed. But it's just mucking around and killing time at this point... creating a bit of free-hype and beta-testing. We can't see any of these players in motion, on the field and interacting with other game items yet. Until all that comes into play, they look neat on the cards - but the scales could be totally off and they'll need readjusting I imagine to interact with the other important in-game stuff.

Wouldn't it be a pretty cool marketing strategy if Big Ant took the 'most liked' creator's work in Cricket Academy and featured it in a trailer or some screenshots?

Wouldn't it be a pretty cool marketing strategy if Big Ant took the 'most liked' creator's work in Cricket Academy and featured it in a trailer or some screenshots?
The problem being most people are creating real players, which means they don't have the licences to include them in promotional stuff.

The problem being most people are creating real players, which means they don't have the licences to include them in promotional stuff.
A good point. Isn't it odd how an actual human being can be private property sold for cash? I mean, it's not even the players themselves that own their own rights, it's the cricket boards. Quite a strange situation when you think about it.

So you're saying instead of investing in gold and fine art we ought to be buying footballers?
Someone should have taken better notes at the last board meeting...

That said my vCash for Gold business is doing well.

A good point. Isn't it odd how an actual human being can be private property sold for cash? I mean, it's not even the players themselves that own their own rights, it's the cricket boards. Quite a strange situation when you think about it.

I'm not 100% with how this works, but I *think* that the individual owns their rights to begin with, but usually is expected to grant those rights to the team/board as part of their contract. They don't HAVE to of course, but it's probably better for them if they do.

I seem to remember that former Germany goalkeeper Oliver Khan fiercely guarded his rights, and never appeared in a video game, even where every other player in his team was licensed. In Football Manager he was replaced by the fictional "Jens Mustermann" every year! Different names in FIFA and PES.

On top of that, there are also various legal bodies that protect the rights of players both present and past: In England I believe it's the PCA for Cricket. Football has a global union called "FIFpro" (which is why football games have so much licensing: most nations are members of FIFpro so it's one body managing everyone!)

Yeah, players reps generally give out the approvals to use themselves in promotional stuff. You won't find a board blocking those kinda arrangements, but it will mean 'Brendon McCullum' is a bit more expensive than say, Peter Fulton on an individual-by-individual basis.

That being said, individual cricket-boards can do a deal with the players representatives to compensate them for signing across all their likenesses to official products as part of the promotional deals in place for centrally contracted players. Its the mid-season pick-ups on casual contracts that won't have those deals, so that's the individual (or their managers) responsibility at that point to get compensation/approvals, as is my understanding. Most of this stuff is covered off by the countries that have Cricket Players Associations (that you sign up to as a professional player) and they have set deals in place and fees and things so it's all above board and fair for everyone.

I can find out the actual specifics if anyone is interested...

Hi chief, can you confirm how many stadiums are in ashes. Thanks.

So, are some of the PC members actually involved in the game development process as Mike Fegan seems to suggest?

Fegan said:
I wouldn?t say elite. I?d say that they are just passionate cricket fans

I would like to think of myself as elite... an elite cricket nerd...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread