Dr.Cricket

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
England coach Duncan Fletcher said Saturday he would like Shane Warne
to cross the great cricket divide and work as a spin doctor for Australia's
old Ashes enemy.
Full story is available 'here'...

Now what I think of it... England must be the most hopeless nation when
it comes to coaching Cricket. In all likelyhood, there probably isn't a player in
their national side that hasn't had some help from an Australian at some time.
Even Monty Penasar had recent help right here in Australia at the Darren
Lehmann Clinic and Monty said he's never bowled better. Was it not an
Aussie that started England's first real Cricket Academy?
How much more does Australia have to teach you? - the inventors of Cricket
who seemingly can't teach themselves a thing, apart from laughable, it's pathetic.

Last edited:
What's pathetic about it? Why not learn from the best? Seems like common sense to me.

I'm sure that if England had one of the best spinners in the history of cricket and he'd just retired, Australia would try to get hold of him as a coach.

I don't understand what's so pathetic about it? He is/was one of the greatest spinners in the history of the game. Why would Duncan NOT want him to coach his guys?

No offense, but I think its pathetic that you think its pathetic.

Warnie's all about the $$$ so he'll probably do it. He'll be over in England for most of the 2 years he has left on his Hampshire contract. He's got enough money so I hope he doesn't do it and turn his back on Australian cricket.

Lol Warne coaching an opposition, that would be classic given the amount of sledges hes given to the Englishmen. I hope he doesn't, don't need the old enemy finding themselves a Warne but if they manage to nab him good on them.

True, I suppose why not learn from the best.
But what I don't get is, why poach so many Aussies,
surely there's others around the globe that could coach just as well.
Ok, Warne is the greatest Leg-Spinner and he could teach a thing or two,
but he is no Coach. I'm a wizz at web design and I make a living from it,
but I'd be stuffed if I could teach it.

Just want to note; I just read my post, and I wanna say, I know I'm being rather
blunt but I didn't notice how much, so sorry if I've hurt anyones feelings.
Obviously the England-Australia rivalry kicked into high gear there.

nightprowler10 said:
No offense, but I think its pathetic that you think its pathetic.
I think it's pathetic that you think what I said was patchetic, simply
because you're no Aussie, so how on earth could you see it from an
Aussie point of view?. If what I siad was indeed pathetic, then tell me this,
would English cricket be anything like what it is now without Australian help?
If you think it wouldn't, then what I said wasn't pathetic, but actual fact.

Last edited:
Dr.Cricket said:
I think it's pathetic that you think what I said was patchetic, simply
because you're no Aussie, so how on earth could you see it from an
Aussie point of view?
Haha, I'm no Aussie so I have no right to comment on this? I can tell you that I did not have a problem with Wasim Akram giving advice to Irfan Pathan, who then took a fair amount of wickets against us, and I think its fair to say that the India-Pakistan rivalry is rather nasty compared to the Ashes rivalry. So I don't see where you're coming from tbh.

nightprowler10 said:
....and I think its fair to say that the India-Pakistan rivalry is rather nasty compared to the Ashes rivalry
I can't honestly say I understand the rivalry between India & Pakistan
us much as you can't honestly understand the one between Australia
and England. All I can really say is, just like the rivalry India & Pakistan have,
our rivalry runs way deeper then just Cricket and the AUS v ENG rivalry is
approx' 200 years old.

Last edited:
Dr.Cricket said:
I can't honestly say I understand the rivalry between India & Pakistan
us much as you can't honestly understand the one between Australia
and England
I can't? Because I'm not English/Aussie? Well, I feel that I would go in circles over that argument with you, so I won't comment on that.

Anyway, I hope Warne goes for it to be honest. England, or any nation for that matter, could really use his expertise.

Well England and Australia have never launched missiles at each other for one thing :p

I dont really see Warne doing it, but I wouldn't see anything wrong with it. Virtually all cricketing nations have coaching staff from other countries. Its a business, you employ the best people you can, irrespective of where they comefrom.

India and Pakistan have a rivalry over land which has in the near past threatened war, England and Australia is a friendly rivalry over some ashes which go back to England any way.

Warne might stop our players from acting like a bunch of girls too. He wouldn't allow for any team he was involved with to get whitewashed although i doubt England will ever be whitewashed again following this embaressment

symonds_sixes said:
Warnie's all about the $$$ so he'll probably do it. He'll be over in England for most of the 2 years he has left on his Hampshire contract. He's got enough money so I hope he doesn't do it and turn his back on Australian cricket.

Don't think coaching an opposition team is turning a back on Australian cricket, I mean Darren Lehmann in recent times has expressed interest in taking over Fletcher. Tom Moody, Dav Whatmore, Greg Chapple, Lillee at the MRF academy are just a few who have done some coaching job overseas. I think Warne will do some sort of coaching for young spinners in England for the best interest of the game, he will assist young upcoming spinners such as Adil Rashid and Michael Lawson but won't be England's spin bowling coach.

I hope Warne doesn't come here in England. I don't think he will either. It's too soon, you know. He still regards England as opposition and I think he will for at least a couple of years. And then maybe he can coach, but for the time being the rivalry will stop him.

I remember Steve Waugh was one of the names mentioned to coach India after John Wright went, and this was the reason given by him.

Users who are viewing this thread