Flintoff Out Rashid In

• Thread starter Deleted member 11215
  • Start date

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
He got slapped about by Scotland yesterday.....

But could have got 2 wickets (dodgy umpire), was not the only bowler to get slapped around either.

Plus, its 20-20 Dan, you go for runs.

I think that Rashid is a decent player and may have the potential to become a good International player but he is not suited to 20/20 cricket paticularly. Don't understand why someone who isn't in the Yorkshire 20/20 team regularly gets in the England team.

Well he should be playing in the Yorkshire side, but at least England have woken up and understood its time to start playing our prospects instead of taking them on tours and having them carry the drinks round.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
He has actually been playing for Yorkshire, featured in the Roses game on Sky and bowled very nicely. I'm not convinced he's good enough yet though tbh. Still a better option in all 3 forms than MSP, but still not convinced he's definitely experienced enough. Have to wait and see. He'd be my pick for a 2nd spinner at Cardiff if we happen to go down that avenue anyway, not sure how the selectors could justify picking MSP.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
He looks like he'll take wickets. A rare thing from an England bowler and I'm enjoying it even if it is a bit early.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
He has actually been playing for Yorkshire, featured in the Roses game on Sky and bowled very nicely. I'm not convinced he's good enough yet though tbh. Still a better option in all 3 forms than MSP, but still not convinced he's definitely experienced enough. Have to wait and see. He'd be my pick for a 2nd spinner at Cardiff if we happen to go down that avenue anyway, not sure how the selectors could justify picking MSP.

Well that's good, he needs games to get experience and get better. Its such an exciting prospect to have a leg spinner who can bowl, bat and field. I predict great things from him. If he was to feature on FM 2010 he would be described as a wonder kid, at least in my book.

He looks like he'll take wickets. A rare thing from an England bowler and I'm enjoying it even if it is a bit early.

Yes mate lets all enjoy it with a glass of rose, cheers. :cheers

Themer

Chairman of Selectors

For the first test I would be very tempted to play him if it is spinning as it has been so far this season. He's ahead of Monty at the moment by quite a bit for me as Monty has been poor of late and not taking wickets for Northants. In the shorter formats of the game however I'd be and am wary of him playing as he hasn't really played alot of it and has been knocked around a bit.

Saying that he's doing a decent job here so no complains atm.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
He was bowling to Xavier Marshall though tbh. A man that even with an ODi top score of 157* still averages 17 with the bat. Hardly bowling to Sachin Tendulkar.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
And Rashid gets a wicket :).

He's not been bowling against world class batsmen but still international batsman and is bowling well. Getting some turn and keeping it tight. Good stuff Rashid.

Btw Dan, don't you rate Bresnan enough to put him in your signature :D?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Bowling well's abit kind to him tbh. He's bowled quite a few balls short of a length that haven't been punished by very average batsmen in Marshall and Bravo. Marshall is certainly not of International standard yet. I think he's got alot of potential, but I'm not getting carried away. The first genuinely decent batsman he's bowled to, Sarwan, has punished those shorter balls, slapping 1 for four and then getting a single next ball. He can't afford to bowl this many poor deliveries in Test cricket.

Lol, no.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I'm just glad Rashid isn't in the India side. He'd be better than Shane Warne already.

Users who are viewing this thread