Ashes Cricket 2011 Wishlist

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
All the features to be included in AC09 are now not a secret anymore. We know almost every feature that would make it to final version of AC09. Intention of this thread is to help the developers understand what users/fan want from the next version of the game. Where they were right this time around and where they were wrong. What part of AC 09 fans wants as it is in the next game and what part they want to be fixed. We would discuss all this in this thread.

Here is my wishlist:

1)Be A Pro : A dedicated career mode is a must for the next game. We dont want a copied version of EA's Career mode. We want you to do something innovative with career mode. Something which no other developer has done with a sports game. We want you to surprise us.:D It would be awesome if career mode allows us to create a teenager of 13 or 14 years who then play in street games and get street credits based on performance. Gain enough credits to impress scouts who would give you a chance in under 15 . Move one from there and then make it to the national team. Off the field interaction should be there in the career mode. Interviews with the press, interaction with other players . Negotiating offers from clubs and county teams(if possible, get into a bar brawl with symmo:rtfl:rtfl)

2)Do not change batting or bowling system. You have created a gem. Just make the bounce of the ball less.(Though i expect that to be fixed in AC 09's final build or a patch by you)

3)You got contract with England and Australian boards . Then why not include their domestic competitions next time? You can create a manager mode this way which would allow player transfers etc.

4)Add antialiasing. Game looks fantastic in you play 5 feet away from screen. But on getting close, you can really see the lack of antialiasing. I hope you guys would include this in final version of AC09.

5)ICC Test ,ODI and T20 rankings in the game. This would give player another
challenge to make his team no.1 in the world or his created player number 1 batsman. Create some code in the engine to simulate AI vs AI matches in the background while we are playing the match. This code should be in accordance with the FTP. This way the ranking system would be more realistic. I guess you cannot get the license for the other teams but there surely is no license to prevent you from simulate games in background according to FTP. (FTP is Future Tour Program)

6)Create the players with variable heights. In the demo, all players look like same hight.

7)Please play Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 game. See its Create-A-Finisher option. There a finisher is divided into 9 or 10 parts. You select how player would start finisher then add the various move together to create a unique finisher. This theory can be used in cricket game to give unbelievable results.
But for this you have to include more MOCAPs of every shot. Atleast 6 mocaps would do great. those 6 would be individual batting style of 6 unique players today whose style differ a lot(i guess Ponting,Sachin,Pietersen,Sehwag,Yuvraj,De Villeirs, Hayden,). Then in Create-a-player mode you would allow user to select how his player would play cover drive, how he would play lofted hook and so on. This would enable users to create players with unbelievably diverse styles. Imagine a player who
play straight drive,leg glance like Sachin, Hook ,lofted on drive like pietersen, Slog sweep like Yuvraj.:eek::banana2:banana2:banana2.

8)Dont allow all the players to play all the shots. User should practice a shot with a player to improve his skill. User should play in the nets that shot correctly to add that shot to a players artillery.

9)Include Special Shots which would become available on maximum confidence. Like Pietersen's Switch hit. Yuvraj's Slog sweep(i know other players would have slog sweep as well but they wont play that against fast bowler).

10) Use the dpad completely. You allow us to move in the crease left or right using left right keys in Dpad. Why you never thought about vertical movement. In Next Ashes Cricket, allow player to move batsman vertically also like hayden & Gambhir do. This would be an awesome feature using which we would be able to convert good length balls into half volley.

11) If you include above feature then option of calling keeper up the stumps for the fast bowlers is essential.

12) Again, let us use the right analog stick to. In real life, a bowler doesnt let the batsmen know at the start of his run up that he gonna bowl the ball from wide of the crease. He does it at the last moment. Let us control the bowler while he is bowling with analog stick. Up and down of right analog stick should decide bowlers running speed. If wee keep up pressed too much, then bowler would give his all in the delivery. This would be effort ball. It would be faster than normal balls but require more stamina. So i we bowl effort ball after effort ball then bowler may get tired just after 3 or 4 overs. let and right analog sticks should control the bowler's angle while he is running. So we can either keep pressing it very early to get more angle or press at last moment to get lesser angle but surprise batsman.

13) Show a full body health bar of the batsman on strike on top right hand corner of the screen. Just show a outline of the human body in green colour to show healthy fresh player. Now if bowler hit batsman on his arm continuously then it should be red in health meter and batsman would not be able to play the shots properly which require that arm. Give the option to retire hurt anytime to prevent injury.

14) Show Man of the Match presentation after match.

woooof!! Thats a lot of stuff:D. I guess i got carried away;). Anyway add your suggestions for the wishlist.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I like it, you seem to have covered everything.

I'd add the issue with the edges, but I think it's possible that'll be fixed in a patch.

nufan

School Cricketer
haha calm down mate, how bout waiting for 09 to be released?

dajesmac

Club Captain
All the features to be included in AC09 are now not a secret anymore. We know almost every feature that would make it to final version of AC09. Intention of this thread is to help the developers understand what users/fan want from the next version of the game. Where they were right this time around and where they were wrong. What part of AC 09 fans wants as it is in the next game and what part they want to be fixed. We would discuss all this in this thread.

Here is my wishlist:

1)Be A Pro : A dedicated career mode is a must for the next game. We dont want a copied version of EA's Career mode. We want you to do something innovative with career mode. Something which no other developer has done with a sports game. We want you to surprise us.:D It would be awesome if career mode allows us to create a teenager of 13 or 14 years who then play in street games and get street credits based on performance. Gain enough credits to impress scouts who would give you a chance in under 15 . Move one from there and then make it to the national team. Off the field interaction should be there in the career mode. Interviews with the press, interaction with other players . Negotiating offers from clubs and county teams(if possible, get into a bar brawl with symmo:rtfl:rtfl)

2)Do not change batting or bowling system. You have created a gem. Just make the bounce of the ball less.(Though i expect that to be fixed in AC 09's final build or a patch by you)

3)You got contract with England and Australian boards . Then why not include their domestic competitions next time? You can create a manager mode this way which would allow player transfers etc.

4)Add antialiasing. Game looks fantastic in you play 5 feet away from screen. But on getting close, you can really see the lack of antialiasing. I hope you guys would include this in final version of AC09.

5)ICC Test ,ODI and T20 rankings in the game. This would give player another
challenge to make his team no.1 in the world or his created player number 1 batsman. Create some code in the engine to simulate AI vs AI matches in the background while we are playing the match. This code should be in accordance with the FTP. This way the ranking system would be more realistic. I guess you cannot get the license for the other teams but there surely is no license to prevent you from simulate games in background according to FTP. (FTP is Future Tour Program)

6)Create the players with variable heights. In the demo, all players look like same hight.

7)Please play Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 game. See its Create-A-Finisher option. There a finisher is divided into 9 or 10 parts. You select how player would start finisher then add the various move together to create a unique finisher. This theory can be used in cricket game to give unbelievable results.
But for this you have to include more MOCAPs of every shot. Atleast 6 mocaps would do great. those 6 would be individual batting style of 6 unique players today whose style differ a lot(i guess Ponting,Sachin,Pietersen,Sehwag,Yuvraj,De Villeirs, Hayden,). Then in Create-a-player mode you would allow user to select how his player would play cover drive, how he would play lofted hook and so on. This would enable users to create players with unbelievably diverse styles. Imagine a player who
play straight drive,leg glance like Sachin, Hook ,lofted on drive like pietersen, Slog sweep like Yuvraj.:eek::banana2:banana2:banana2.

8)Dont allow all the players to play all the shots. User should practice a shot with a player to improve his skill. User should play in the nets that shot correctly to add that shot to a players artillery.

9)Include Special Shots which would become available on maximum confidence. Like Pietersen's Switch hit. Yuvraj's Slog sweep(i know other players would have slog sweep as well but they wont play that against fast bowler).

10) Use the dpad completely. You allow us to move in the crease left or right using left right keys in Dpad. Why you never thought about vertical movement. In Next Ashes Cricket, allow player to move batsman vertically also like hayden & Gambhir do. This would be an awesome feature using which we would be able to convert good length balls into half volley.

11) If you include above feature then option of calling keeper up the stumps for the fast bowlers is essential.

12) Again, let us use the right analog stick to. In real life, a bowler doesnt let the batsmen know at the start of his run up that he gonna bowl the ball from wide of the crease. He does it at the last moment. Let us control the bowler while he is bowling with analog stick. Up and down of right analog stick should decide bowlers running speed. If wee keep up pressed too much, then bowler would give his all in the delivery. This would be effort ball. It would be faster than normal balls but require more stamina. So i we bowl effort ball after effort ball then bowler may get tired just after 3 or 4 overs. let and right analog sticks should control the bowler's angle while he is running. So we can either keep pressing it very early to get more angle or press at last moment to get lesser angle but surprise batsman.

13) Show a full body health bar of the batsman on strike on top right hand corner of the screen. Just show a outline of the human body in green colour to show healthy fresh player. Now if bowler hit batsman on his arm continuously then it should be red in health meter and batsman would not be able to play the shots properly which require that arm. Give the option to retire hurt anytime to prevent injury.

14) Show Man of the Match presentation after match.

woooof!! Thats a lot of stuff:D. I guess i got carried away;). Anyway add your suggestions for the wishlist.

1) The 2011 Ashes series is in about 14 months, no WAY will they have time to implement that.

3) Again would take too long for 2011, but they said they have ideas for County.

5) Agree, but would need a career mode for that really, otherwise if it was just you as your own country all the time you would play about 8 times as many games as any other team.

7) I don't understand how you could implement this into a cricket game. Can you explain more fully?

8) Again, would need a career mode.

10) That would make it way too easy.

11) YES!

12) Mmm, might mess up the delivery though, and would look really bad, they would have to slide over halfway through their run up.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Explaining 7)

Suppose we create a player. We have choose his face,body etc. After finishing this game gives a option of choosing style of player. WE can either select preset styles o mentioned players, randomize styles or create a new style. In new style screen there would be tabs : Frontfoot shots, Backfoot Shots, Advance Shots. Selecting each tab we would specify how this player would play a straight drive(we could see a live demostration of the straight drive in same screen, just like virtual tennis where you select type of serving action and can see it in the same screen). Using this we can create a really unique combination of shots and a very distinctive style. I hope that explains.

In bowling, we gets to choose the run-up lenght, angle of approach, does the player takes a jump or not, then height of jump,type or jump,a scroll bar wtih two extreme points as side on and front on action, position of bowling hand and other hand during the jump, then angle of hand while delivery. Adding all this up in different manner we would be able to recreate our own action in the game.:clap:clap

dajesmac

Club Captain
Explaining 7)

Suppose we create a player. We have choose his face,body etc. After finishing this game gives a option of choosing style of player. WE can either select preset styles o mentioned players, randomize styles or create a new style. In new style screen there would be tabs : Frontfoot shots, Backfoot Shots, Advance Shots. Selecting each tab we would specify how this player would play a straight drive(we could see a live demostration of the straight drive in same screen, just like virtual tennis where you select type of serving action and can see it in the same screen). Using this we can create a really unique combination of shots and a very distinctive style. I hope that explains.

In bowling, we gets to choose the run-up lenght, angle of approach, does the player takes a jump or not, then height of jump,type or jump,a scroll bar wtih two extreme points as side on and front on action, position of bowling hand and other hand during the jump, then angle of hand while delivery. Adding all this up in different manner we would be able to recreate our own action in the game.:clap:clap

Ah okay I get you now. Yeah that would be ideal, and we could make realistic actions for all the players if we could edit them.

Unfortunately this won't be implemented in Ashes Cricket 2011, for the reason I said, it's only like 15 months away, but hopefully in like 2015 haha.

God that sounds ages away.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Well I'd just like them to fix up a few little gameplay stuff that'll most likely happen and I really hope they have domestic comps and also a few more stadiums.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
My suggestion to Codies to first make the next game. Please do go ahead with Ashes Cricket 2010 or 2011. Please visit Planet cricket before you go in to design the game to see what the Real fans of this sport want. I am sure you can't find more authentic and honest advice from any where else. Planetcricket is best place for you guys to get innovative ideas about your next project.
I really will like you to include be A Pro mode. There would nothing like your player walking into a situation where the team needs 150 of twenty overs with three wickets remaining. You could have your player move up ranking from domestic cricket and get selected in international team. Perform well, overcome some challenges and you can be the captain. I think I am going too far with this. Better Stop now:D

nokiab

School Cricketer
heres one, in pes 09 be a pro mode you have to train hard to make it on the bench and then starting 11. wish they could put that in

Params7

International Cricketer
-Official correct names for all players.
-New animations...accurate animations for different individual bowlers would be just beyond awesome.
-In-Depth editor mode..so you could support the kind of mods PC gets to the PS3 and X360 versions of the game.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I wish it doesn't came out in 2011..I want it next year!!!
and I don't want it to be based on Ashes..how about T20 world cup so that everyone can enjoy it and not just England and Austraila

Last edited:

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Some sort of cheat or unlockable streakers, a blonde female or a hairy tramp/hobo/street bum type man.

Params7

International Cricketer
I wish it doesn't came out in 2011..I want it next year!!!

A cricket game is GUARANTEED in 2011 because of the World Cup. Now its upto them if they release a game next year then another in 2011..but then you already know the 2011 WC version will be better.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
A cricket game is GUARANTEED in 2011 because of the World Cup. Now its upto them if they release a game next year then another in 2011..but then you already know the 2011 WC version will be better.

yeah that will be great.
I wish they base it on something where everyone will enjoy it
like World cup, T20 cup

Users who are viewing this thread