Flintoff was shot at in Delhi

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
In an extract from his autobiography, Andrew Flintoff has revealed that he was shot at while fielding in a ODI in Delhi in 2002.

article from cricinfo said:
Andrew Flintoff, whose talismanic performances inspired England to an Ashes triumph, has revealed that he was shot at while fielding during a one-day international against India almost four years ago. The team management persuaded Flintoff to play down the incident at Delhi in January 2002, but he now feels that more should have been made of the incident, subsequently swept under the carpet as the action of an overexcited crowd. In an extract from his book, Being Freddie, which was published in The Times in London, Flintoff says: "I felt something hit me and, looking down, saw pellets on the ground. You expect to have plastic bottles thrown at you when you are playing on the sub-continent, but you don't expect to be shot."

As much as the incident itself, Flintoff claims that he was rattled by what followed. "Nasser Hussain got very heated about it in the middle and Phil Neale, the tour manager, came to find out what was going on, but the whole thing seemed to get swept under the carpet," he says. "There was a big story back home to do with crowd disturbances, but Andrew Walpole, the ECB's media relations manager, told me to play the incident down when I was interviewed the following day.

"Looking back now, I think I should have made more of a stand because I wasn't there to be shot at. We explained it away as the crowd just being overexcited at the time, but I wasn't sure about that at all."
Article Link

He's only 20 something isn't he?, yet he's already wrote an autobiography,
that's just as funny as him being shot at.... :D

I do think it's pathetic that somebody would go that far to shoot at him,
there's isn't any need for that, not in cricket, or any sport for that matter.

:cool:

wonder why freddie was shot at??? if some crackpot decided to shoot a visiting sportsman,i think he was presented with a lot better choices than freddie on that very year!!!
kinda think tht this story is exaggerated to an extent...

Andrew G said:
He's only 20 something isn't he?, yet he's already wrote an autobiography,
that's just as funny as him being shot at.... :D

What if one had lodged itself in his body? What if he had turned around and it went in his eye and blind him? still be funny?

Can't see how it is exaggerated satish.

wonder what happend to Flintoff, he's taking shots at anyone and everyone these days. even his ex captain ;)
hmm who knows what happened in Delhi? someone shooting sounds bit exaggerated to me. may be it was a toy gun? or he just got confused? That said I hate people who throw anything towards any player.

okay this is kinda offtopic but what is that big black spot on his head?

langerrox said:
:p i was just wondering:D wat is it

Not a clue. I remember Pat Rafter (Aussie tennis player) having a white spot in his hair and never knew what that was about. On the Freddie incident, all I have to say is that there are some idiotic people in the world.

funny no one in india knows about it.
even when bottles are thrown the press blows it out of proportion.
but a bullet.
how come no one saw it ?

There are some idiotic people in the world, Have bottles thrown at you is bad enough but being shot at? :mad

langerrox said:
okay this is kinda offtopic but what is that big black spot on his head?

I think it's where there is a lack of picment in his hair.

Well made dad has something similar happen when a part of a machine flew off 100feet up and through 10mm thick Steel roof. Pigment is part of the skin themuel.

Could be a mole....

Users who are viewing this thread