FM11: Bishop Stortford - The journey

domiw

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
180px-Bishop's_Stortford_FC.svg.png

snv10467.jpg

On the first of July 2010, Dim Seccombe, the new Bishop Stortford manager was unveiled. Although seeming far too young for the job, at just 25, the club believe that he is the man for the club. The media have predicted that the blues will come 21st. It's gonna be a tough journey for Seccombe and his boys.

During a long meeting with the board, season goals and budgets were outlined, and after reaching an agreement, he was allocated a wage budget of 4,300, with no transfer budget. It was not much to go on, but it meant that lots of fresh talent could be brought, after removing the deadwood that was there already.

Woodside_Park_07_500px.jpg

The Blues at Woodside Park

He wasted no time at all in getting stuck into the job, releasing two players after the first training session, and a further 4 players the subsequent week. By the end of the preseason, a total of 10 players had been released, and another 10 players brought in. Now i shall introduce the squad.

Goalkeepers
This is somewhat of a weak area for me, as i only have one first team keeper, who isnt exactly Pepe Reina. Another keeper will have to be brought in in times of emergency.

Kitto was already at the club when i arrived, and was one of the better players here, so i kept him. Originally released by Arsenal in '05, he was picked up by reading but couldnt break into the first team. His base stats are solid and he seems to be improving fast, however conceding 13 in 8 games during the preseason is not looking positive. But, despite this, i have faith in Kitto.

Full\Wing Backs

Hoskin is my first choice right back, after i signed him up from Premier Division side Burnley. He's a very determined and i can see him putting his high tackling and work rate attributes put to good use running up and down the wing. He is a quality player and may stay with us for many seasons to come.

Ming is a pacey lad that i found at the club already, and can provide cover all the way up on the right flank. He can do a good job during our packed schedule, playing up to 7 league games in some months.

My first choice left back, snapped up from reading after being with them for 5 years, not making a single first team appearance. A denmark U21 international, with a good all round set of attributes, he can provide cover all over the left flank, and could prove vital to our campaign.

Palmer was one of the best players at the club, and questions were raised whether i needed another, however he spent a couple of seasons in league one, and could provide excellent experience and cover if Lyskov plays up the wing.

Centre Backs

Stewart is probably my strongest centre back, having been released from everton a year ago, yet playing no football for the 09\10 season. He has a good set of overall stats and can do a good job for me. Lets hope other clubs will be made to regret not signing him.

Broadhurst could prove to be one of my best signings, as he played 8 seasons as an integral part of Bournemouth's league one side. The team will benefit from his quality experience and great mentals. He plays with his heart on his sleeve and never gives up. He should prove to be a great captain and leader of the side.

The jamaican big man was already at the club, and will provide superb cover, i would expect him to be a first choice centre back for most blue bet square south teams, with lots of experience predominantly in league 2.

The last defender in the first team is by no means the least, as could easily start for me too. At the club already, and can play out wide too. He should be a good supporting player.

Centre Midfielders

Abdullah is a curious case, as the only DM in my squad, whom i originally thought would become a solid back up. He managed to really impress me in the pre-season however, and as a result has become my first choice DM. He has spent two seasons at Bish, and i hope he can continue to perform in the league.

This is the first player on the list that i signed after watching him perform in the trialist day. Elliott is a very solid all round player, and seems perfect for almost any midfield role, but he should play as my first choice centre mid this season. I snapped him up from championship side nottingham forest.

Hennessy is another player who played at the trialist day. I saw him make a fabulous first time assist, penetrating the defence and i decided that was exactly what i needed. My coach thinks he will become a good championship midfielder in the future. I have high hopes.

Francis was signed as a utility player, but i feel that his free-kick taking ability surely can grab him a few vital goals when we really needed it. He is a product of the newcastle academy

Scout rating at CM - 0.5 stars. I disagree, i think he can do a very good job for us here, while he can back up his favourite position, right wing. I have an abundancy of midfielders due to my two formations, one players with 3 CMs, the other with DMC,2 CMs and an AMC.

A very determined lad that was already here, he can provide sufficient cover to the midfield. Also worthy of noting that he put in some quality performances in preseason and will be hoping to challenge for a first team spot. His determination may well propel him onto the first choice team list.

I like this guy. Im not sure what it is, but he seems to perform well when given the chance, and makes for a strong supporting player.

Wingers

Supposedly a weak area, although we do have cover as both lyskov and ming offer alternate options.

First choice left wing, looks like a quality inside forward to suit the role. Snapped up the young welshman from cardiff, and he will be hoping to break into the wales U19 squad next year. Smith will also make a decent striker if cover is needed.

Bakare was already at the club and seems like a worthy understudy to a weaker area of the side.

This is a curious signing but i couldn't resist. He's 38 years old but hes still got pace and stamina. He's extremely hardworking and has great technical skill. I believe he can be the ryan gigs of Bishop Stortford. The scout rated him 5 stars as a striker, but I think he will suit the team best as a winger, allowing the danger of him cutting inside to show his goalscoring ability.

Strikers

Tommy is probably my favourite signing of the lot. I saw him take on 3 men before scoring in the top corner and i knew he was my man. Potential to become a championship player, yet now he can be my star striker. He will miss the start of the season due to a torn hamstring, out for 6-8 weeks. He was released by wigan and is a current U19 international.

Norville was the best player in the Bish squad when I arrived, and he remains the highest paid. He has a knack for scoring goals and i hope that he will be very successful in the coming year.

preseasonx.png

During the preseason, we travelled all over the world, managing to bring in around 50k. We did take a beating from a few superior sides but the most important thing was the get used to the formations, and to get my new team assembled, playing football the way it should be played. It was a successful off season for us, and with 80 season tickets having been sold in our ground that seats 300 and has a total capacity of 4000.

Phew, that took a while, anyway, best of luck to the blues in their campaign!

Last edited:

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Good luck with this. One suggestion is to not have those small images that are linked to imageshack. I would rather just post a full picture of your squad rather than every individual player. I do say that I like your signing of Hoskin :p He should do very well for you.

Users who are viewing this thread