FM11: Blackpool - A New Era

JBlues08

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thanks. The top of the table sure looks pretty tight and I do think you have a chance to get into the promotion play-off spots if you can go on a long winning run.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Yeah, I have dropped a few points though. I hammered Crystal Palace 4-1 after going 1-0 down before goals from Glenn Taylor, Ivan Zlatar, Rudy Bot and Australian striker, Patrick Antelmi who was back from injury, coming off the bench, gave us a comfortable win. After taking an early lead against Brighton thanks to David Clark, we slumped to a 3-1 defeat before holding off QPR for a 3-2 win thanks to goals from David Clark, Rudy Bot and Tommy Elphick's first goal. We then dropped back down again though with a 1-0 defeat at home to now top placed Sheff Wed and now we sit in 15th. Our next 3 matches are very important playing Plymouth away who sit two places above us before playing Tranmere away who are currently sitting 21st and then a very important match, home to Bury who are currently in 7th place so if we can secure 3 points in all 3 matches, we could well be sitting in the top half of the ladder before playing the bottom two teams in consecutive matches.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Well a couple of narrow 1-0 wins away to Plymouth and Tranmere thanks to goals from Valles and Zhelev respectively before a thriller against Bury. Scott Parker on loan from Burnley scored his first goal.. Unfortunately it was an own goal though. Enric Valles scored his third of the season to equalise before Bury took back the lead minutes later. Patrick Antelmi off the bench equalised for a second time. Our dominance was unquestionable but it was Bury who found the breakthrough in the 82nd minute when Clarke-Harris found the back of the net against his former club. We found an equaliser though in the final minute of stoppage time although through an own goal from Simon Ready, Bury's 20 year old defender. We really should have won though. 64% of posession, 87% pass completion and 7 shots on target to their 2...

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You should change the title though.......:p

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Well a great run of form and we could be competing for a playoff spot but it all comes down to the final week. I was very annoyed though cause both QPR and Shrewsbury lost in the second last round while we won but the game crashed and after trying to reset and get the same results, cause it was unfair that a crash dump would ruin my promotion chances, I finally had to settle for Shrewsbury losing while QPR won and I won so going into the final matchday (as Shrewsbury played last place and it was near impossible for them to lose), Shrewsbury, QPR and us are all on 74 points in 6th, 7th and 8th respectively. Shrewsbury lead by a mile on goal difference with +24, QPR's is +15 and our's is only +1. We play Shrewsbury in the final round which is a must win game while QPR plays Crewe at home who are sitting in 13th so we must hope for Crewe to win or draw that game.

But really, it's been a huge turnaround. We've won our last 5 in a row, unbeaten in our last 11 games and won 16 of our last 20 with 2 draws even though most of our wins have been either 1-0 or 2-1, our last 4 games all being 1-0 wins :p

Meanwhile, 3 draws in a row for Blackpool a month ago has cost Blackpool as they now are in 3rd place going into the final match, 2 points behind Man City and 3 behind Arsenal and behind on goal difference so 2nd place is all Blackpool can really hope for.

----------

What a win! We played better and deserved to win but it seemed like it was going to result in a 0-0 draw before Nightingale who was in the form of his life stole the ball from the throw in before passing to Rudy Bot who put substitute Patrick Antelmi in behind who finished beautifully to give us a narrow 1-0 win while Crewe held QPR to a 2-2 draw.

stockportvsshrewsbury.jpg

league1w.jpg

----------

Well I've pretty much secured the result in the first leg but we can't become complacent. Patrick Antelmi was superb picking up the MOTM award after scoring before putting in a beautiful pass in behind which Bot picked up but a sliding challenge from Hendrie only resulted in the ball going into the back of the net, Antelmi getting the assist. Unfortunately, everyone leaves on loan now so my central midfield is really hurt and Zlatar is on International duty at the most annoying time.

stockportvnottscosplitv.png

----------

Well we are through despite a 3-2 loss although they scored the winner in stoppage time so there wasn't really any harm done although it would have been nice to beat Notts Co. away from home. I will now play Bristol Rovers in the Playoff Final.

----------

Patrick Antelmi has injured himself in training :(

I know it could cost us but I've given him injections to get through the match since 4 weeks and 6-8 weeks is no difference in the off-season.

And the match has started, well it seems the injections has improved Antelmi's vision :p 10 minutes in and nearly scored a screamer from inside his own half with the keeper off his line but the ball narrowly goes wide.

----------

And Antelmi has opened the scoring after half an hour. Antelmi puts a good ball in behind for Jenkins who picks up the ball and cuts it back for the Aussie striker who smashes it past Stein. 1-0

----------

Elphick has made it two less than 5 minutes later, heading home Carpenter's cross. 2-0 and this could be an unbelievable promotion.

----------

Bristol City pull one back on the hour mark before Antelmi has to go off the field with injury unfortunately, bringing Clark on.

----------

And Stockport hold out for a 2-1 win :D And I just realised I forgot to play my best central midfielder cause I rested him for the second leg of the semi final :facepalm

stockportvbristolrovers.png

----------

I find it unbelievable that I was never in the top 20 until after half-way through the season and only touched the playoff positions after the final round :p

npowerleague1informatioq.png

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A great run over there. Hoping that your team will get promoted to the Championship.

JBlues08

Club Captain
Bristol City pull one back on the hour mark before Antelmi has to go off the field with injury unfortunately, bringing Clark on.

Don't you mean Bristol Rovers? :lol

Anyway, congrats on your promotion. Now, go tear the Championship teams apart. :p

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Yes, I meant Bristol Rovers :p

And I got FM12 so I'm playing that more now. I'm going right down to the Blue Square North this time doing Dafuge's challenge and started off well with a 3-2 win over Southport with FC United.

----------

But yeah, my Angolan signing made his debut as not only the youngest player to play for FC United but also captained. He has huge potential (Good signing for League 1 iirc) so once we get up there, he will be a huge star.

Users who are viewing this thread