Clevedon Town Career - Post/Pre-Season Update

Ben, as soon as I saw that you had posted I knew there was going to be abuse on the way. Just remind me where I was with Bristol City and where you were with Ipswich? :p

I'm thinking of just getting rid of everyone except my keeper, Horsey and a few of my signings, oh and my skipper and vice captain, at the end of the season. Start a fresh. Need to get winning though and try to stay up.

Next update coming later today.

Yeah sounds good, just spend a lot of time trying to find players with even 1 or 2 better in the important stats in that role. Hope you can still get a few wins this season though mate ;0

February 2010

Results

clevedonvsevesham.png

clevedonvshalesowen.png

tivertonvsclevedon.png

clevedonvshednesford.png

League Table

leaguetableff.png

March Fixtures

marchfixtures.png

Comments

OUR RUN HAS ENDED! It was a good performance and, although the stats may say otherwise, we deserved to win. So only the 26 league games without a win, 11 short of Derby's outstanding record.

Then came a real downer as we were thumped by bottom side Halesowen. We had luck go against us once again as a cross was fumbled by our usually solid keeper and fell into the back of the net. Then we gave away a penalty, which has happened far too often this season. We fought back well with 3 second half goals but the damage had been done.

It was a similar story against Tiverton as we once again gave away a penalty and fell to a half-time deficit of 3-0. A quickfire double brought us back in the game but we couldn't capitalise.

Another fluke goal/keeping error costs us against Tiverton as we slumped to a third straight defeat of two goals.

It doesn't get much easier in March as we face Bashley (5th), Brackley (13th), Hemel Hempstead (11th) and Methyr (12th). Realistically we need to win two of the four games to keep our survival hopes alive.

Think it's about time me and you had another game on Madden 09! Give us a shout if you're up for it.

March 2010

Results

bashleyvsclevedon.png

clevedonvsbrackley.png

hemelhempsteadvsclevedo.png

clevedonvsmerthyr.png

League Table

leaguetable.png

April Fixtures

aprilfixtures.png

Comments

Well we've been relegated thanks to the longest run of losses by any team this season. All by a small margin, something that sums up our season really.

Many contracts won't be renewed at the end of the season and I hope to start with a clean slate.

Oh, and if we win all our remaining games I may just have to delete this save :p

Stats and awards will be posted in the next update for April.

I found myself saying "ouch" as I went down the results and kept seeing 1 goal losses. Unlucky mate.

Hopefully you can bring in some good new players and improve the squad (Y)

The problem has been the first half. We are capable of scoring but we just leave ourselves with too big a task. It doesn't matter if I defend first half or attack, we just concede.

April 2010

Results

clevedonvsrugby.png

chippenhamvsclevedon.png

nuneatonvsclevedon.png

clevedonvsbanbury.png

League Table

leaguetable.png

Comments

A pathetic end to a pathetic season. No goals in our final three games and we finish with 11 straight losses, a new record. Piss poor season, the worst I've ever seen in fact.

And I highly doubt things will get much better with 3 teams going down with us, all of which will most likely finish above us next season. Ahh well, now we have pre-season to re-group, shuffle the deck and see what the future holds...

Just found out that my signings of Danny Summers (ST) and Jazz Rose (DC) were the worst of all Southern Premier League signings :p Surprised Steven Horsey wasn't one of the best but that's the way it goes when you finish last.

treva added 8 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Also just found out that I do have a good chance of promotion because I was the only club to go down into the Southern First Division South/West :D

Horsey had a very good season for you, hopefully he can continue it into the next.

That's good news then haha, hopefully you do promote.

Users who are viewing this thread