History was created in 1999

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
skysportslogo.gif

7th June 2008

FLETCHER READY TO FIGHT

Darren_Fletcher_857054.jpg

Manchester United player Darren Fletcher today spoke out following the arrival of United legend Eric Cantona as the new manager after Sir Alex Ferguson's sudden departure. He declared he was ready for the fight ahead and hoped he could show Cantona what he can do on the pitch.

This is a good chance for everyone at the club. I hope Eric stays true to his word and gives everyone a fair go before deciding to change the setup here at the club. I think he is one of the few that could have come in and took over from Fergie, he has that vibe about him, he demands your respect because of who he is and what he has done.

I remember watching him play for United more then ten years ago when I was only a youngster, I'll always remember that day when he fired that volley home against Liverpool at Wembley to win the Fa.Cup, it was brilliant.

I really am just going to do what I always do in training, work hard and when I get my chance show Eric what I bring to the squad and the club. As a footballer you want to play in every game but sometimes you can't, that's life and you deal with it like a professional.

I am ready for the fight ahead and this is my cry to the manager to give me and some of the other lads that chance to stay here and show him what we can really do.​

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
skysportslogo.gif

8th June 2008

UNITED COMPLETE TWO MAJOR DEALS

4lmxbm.jpg

Manchester United have agreed a deal with Kia Joorabchian to sign Carlos Tevez on a three-year contract. Tevez moved to Old Trafford last summer on a season-long loan deal and played a major part in their double trophy winning campaign with a series of accomplished performances and many late goals.

The Argentine admitted earlier this month that he feared a deal may not be completed in time, but Manchester United had always remained confident. Manchester United have now confirmed that Carlos Tevez will be joining the club on a permanent basis.

Kia Joorabchian have agreed to accept a fee of £32million for Carlos Tevez and he will be contracted to The Red Devils until the summer of 2011. Tevez has made 34 appearances for Manchester United last season and scored fourteen goals.

Carlos Tevez was not the only big money move coming in, Dimitar Berbatov had also signed for the Red Devils after a year of speculation. Dimitar Berbatov also joined Manchester United for a huge fee £31.3million from Tottenham Hotspurs.

Eric Cantona was quite pleased with these new signing and he had a lot of praises for them. "Its great that we have signed Dimitar and Carlos on permanent basis. Carlos is a great player and we saw it last season, he was just superb." Cantona said. Cantona had also some praises for his new signing Dimitar Berbatov who had scored twenty-seven times in his sixty-seven league appearances for Tottenham Hotspurs.

"Dimitar is a brilliant finisher. Sometimes he reminds me of myself. He has go all the qualities of a great striker. He was superb for Spurs and hopefully he would do the same for us." said the newly appointed Manchester United manager Eric Cantona.

As two new players ,ade Old Trafford their new home, many players left Manchester United during the summer. Louis Saha, Gerrard Pique, Mikael Silvestre and Chris Eagles to name a few. Louis Saha who had an injury prone last season has joined Toffees for an undisclosed fee which is reported to be a free transfer.

While Mikael Silvestre who spend seven years with the Red Devils decided to join arch rivals Arsenal for a fee of £3.2million. Pique return to his former club Barcelona for a fee of £2.3million and Chris Eagles made a switch to Burnely for a fee of £1million as to get regular first team action. While Fraizer Campbell moved to Tottenham for a season long loan.

Eric Cantona wished all of them good luck with their future career. " I wish Louis, Mikael, Gerrard and Chris good luck for their future career. Its sad they left but I had no option as they weren't in my future plans for the club. All of them have contributed a lot to Manchester United and hope they do the same with their new clubs."

Cantona also said he wont make any new big signing before the transfer window ends in September but he doesn't rule out adding some new young players to the reserves. "There wont be any new major signing taking place this season. We have spent a lot and for good players. i am happy with my squad and they have the capacity to achieve more than what they did last season. But I may buy some good young players for the reserves and also may be useful for the future."

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Two great signings by Cantona, great presentation KUTGW.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
BBCFootball.png

29th June 2008

email.gif
E-mail this to a friend
print.gif
Printable version

DUTCH CRUSH GERMANS TO END LONG WAIT

2mhbq1.jpg

Netherlands overpowered old foes Germany 4-1 to claim the EURO 2008 title. The Dutch were two goals ahead within the first 16 minutes, van Persie's thunderous shot deceiving Jens Leahmann to give them the lead. If van Persie went for power, Sneijder's goal for the second was all about placement, his precise shot giving Leahmann no chance.

Van Nistelrooy volleyed home the third, van Persie headed in the fourth, before Michael Ballack's diving header pulled a goal back for a lackluster Germany. Netherlands were too sharp for Germany in attack and were also more efficient in midfield and more assured in defence than their European rivals. Ooijer was outstanding in central defence, even finding time to almost score with an audacious free-kick just before half-time, while full-back Boulahrouz played a part in all four goals.

Those early two goals owed much to some impressive build-up play. For the first, Ooijer's elegant pass found Boulahrouz, who slipped the ball into the feet of van Persie. The Arsenal striker dropped his shoulders to go past Phillip Lahm and then unleashed a shot which flew past Leahmann.

Netherlands's second was even better, both in construction and finish. Once again Boulahrouz was involved, the Dutch full-back picking out Robben with a sweeping pass from right to left. Robben fed the ball to Sneijder, who placed a perfect shot past Leahmann into the corner of the net.

Germany twice went close, Dutch goalkeeper Edwin Van Der Sar just getting to the ball before Miroslav Klose, while a Torsten Frings shot went narrowly wide. But it was Netherlands who continued to create chances with monotonous regularity, and all to often score them. Two minutes into the second half, van Nistelrooy arrived in the penalty area to volley a Boulahrouz cross past Leahmann.

Soon after, Arjen Robben drifted in from the left to rattle Leahmann's crossbar as Germany struggled to contain a rampant Netherlands.

Their fourth goal was initiated by more Ooijer trickery, the Blackburn Rovers defender gliding past a succession of tackles before finding Arjen Robben on the left wing. The ball eventually reached Boulahrouz on the other flank and his cross was headed in powerfully by Robin van Persie. The header ensured the Arsenal striker finished the tournament as top scorer with six goals.

Skipper Michael Ballack bravely headed in Germany's goal following Marcel Jansen's cross, while shots from Bastian Schweinsteiger and Lukas Podolski tested Edwin Van Der sar.

This Netherland's first trophy in twenty years . In 1988 Netherlands defeated Russia in the finals of the European Championships and now they defeated Germany.​

saladguy

PCPL Season 2: Outstanding Performer (Division 2)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Great win for Holland

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
BBCFootball.png

3rd July 2008

email.gif
E-mail this to a friend
print.gif
Printable version

SOLSKAJER NAMED MAN UTD ASSISTANT

_42084816_ole_getty.jpg

Manchester United have named their former striker Ole Gunnar Solskjær as assistant manager, while Rene Meulensteen becomes first team coach. Solskjær, 35, replaces Carlos Queiroz, who left his position to take over as Portugal's coach in yesterday. Dutchman Meulensteen is promoted from technical skills development officer.

"Ole knows Manchester United inside out, having been associated with the club as a player for the best part of 11 years," manager Eric Cantona said. "I am delighted that Ole and Rene have agreed to fill these important positions. Ole was a very talented and professional player, whose ability and contribution to the club's success has often been understated."

Former United stars Brian McClair and Laurent Blanc had also been linked with the vacant post. Solskjær has been working as a first team coach since his retirement in 2007.

He played more than 235 games in eleven years at United, earning six Premier League, two FA CUP, one League Cup, seven FA Community Shield, one Champions League and one Intercontinental Cup winners' medal .

The striker, who is famously known as the 20th Legend, also scored winning goal in injury time against Bayern Munich in the 2-1 win in Barcelona in the Champions League Final was surely the fans favourite for the job.​

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
skysportslogo.gif

5th July 2008

UNITED START AGAINST NEWCASTLE AT HOME

ronaldo_newcu438.jpg

Premier League champions Manchester United will begin their title defence against Newcastle at Old Trafford on the opening weekend of the new season.

Manchester United will play Liverpool on the 13th of September and will be followed by Chelsea on the 21st of September. Both the games being away from home would be really tough for Manchester United. Then they next fly to Emirates on the 8th of November to face Arsenal and on the 30th November they play the City Derby at the City of Manchester Satdium.

10th of January they would be welcoming Chelsea at Old Trafford before they welcome Liverpool at the Theatre of Dreams on the 14th of March. Red Devils will face Manchester City and Arsenal both at Old Trafford on 9th and 16th of May and these two games would be played before the final fixture away to newly promoted Hull City

United also play the Community Sheild againts FA Cup winners Portsmouth on 10th of August and also play for the UEFA Super Cup against UEFA Cup winners Zenit on the 29th of August.

10 Aug 08 Portsmouth(N)- FA Community Shield
17 Aug 08 Newcastle Utd(H)
25 Aug 08 Portsmouth(A)
29 Aug 08 Zenit(N)- UEFA SUPER CUP

01 Sep 08 Fulham(H)*
13 Sep 08 Liverpool(A)
21 Sep 08 Chelsea(A)
27 Sep 08 Bolton(H)

04 Oct 08 Blackburn(A)
18 Oct 08 West Brom(H)
25 Oct 08 Everton (H)
29 Oct 08 West Ham(A)

01 Nov 08 Hull(H)
08 Nov 08 Arsenal(A)
15 Nov 08 Stoke(H)
22 Nov 08 Aston Villa(A)
30 Nov 08 Man City(A)

06 Dec 08 Sunderland(H)
13 Dec 08 Tottenham(A)
20 Dec 08 Wigan(H)*
26 Dec 08 Stoke(A)
29 Dec 08 Middlesbrough(H)

10 Jan 09 Chelsea(H)
17 Jan 09 Bolton(A)
27 Jan 09 West Brom(A)
31 Jan 09 Everton(H)

07 Feb 09 West Ham(A)
21 Feb 09 Blackburn(H)
28 Feb 09 Portsmouth(H)

04 Mar 09 Newcastle(A)
14 Mar 09 Liverpool(H)
21 Mar 09 Fulham(A)

04 Apr 09 Aston Villa(H)
11 Apr 09 Sunderlnad(A)
18 Apr 09 Wigan(A)
25 Apr 09 Tottenham(H)

02 May 09 Middlesbrough(A)
09 May 09 Man City(H)
16 May 09 Arsenal(H)
24 May 09 Hull (A)

* Denotes fixture to be rescheduled

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
A tough first couple of month's for Man United. Two games against Portsmouth, Newcastle, Liverpool and Chelsea all in their first 7 games. The two back to back against Liverpool and Chelsea may well be a big factor as to whether Man U can win the title.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
BBCFootball.png

12th July 2008

email.gif
E-mail this to a friend
print.gif
Printable version

FERDINAND NAMED NEW MAN UTD SKIPPER

15ccbjk.jpg

Rio Ferdinand has been appointed as the new club captain of Manchester United.The 30-year-old England defender was confirmed as Gary Neville's successor by manager Eric Cantona on Friday. Cantona had drawn up a short-list of three, including Ryan Giggs and Edwin Van Der Sar, who skippered United during Neville's long injury crisis.

However, with Ferdinand recovered from the groin injury which had ruled him out for most pre-season training, Cantona has handed him the captain's armband. The United boss explained why Giggs, the one man who has been at Old Trafford longer than Ferdinand, had been overlooked again.

"Given the service Rio has given this club, it is the right decision," said Cantona. "Ryan was under consideration, but you cannot expect someone of his age to be running up and down the touchline every game. He will still play a lot of matches for us, but we want to try and keep the freshness in his legs, so he will not play every week."

Ferdinand has been at Old Trafford for 6 years and is approaching 200 appearances for the club. The center defender injured his groin in the England friendly against Trinidad in June, and has only recently started training again for the Reds.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
BBCFootball.png

15th July 2008

email.gif
E-mail this to a friend
print.gif
Printable version

CANTONA MAKES SAKHO HIS FIRST SIGNING

w1zrlu.jpg

Eighteen year old French defender Mamadou Sakho has become Manchester United's singing under new manager Eric Cantona

He is the new Gary Pallister according to Eric Cantona. The eighteen year old from Paris left his childhood club Paris St Germain for Manchester United. A deal costing to £8.5million could see the under eighteen French international become Eric Cantona's first and last signing of this season.

Sakho joins the Red Devils on a three year deal worth five thousand pounds a week. According to media sources in Paris, Manchester United won the race to secure Sakho's signature ahead of other English clubs such as Liverpool, Arsenal, Aston Villa and Manchester City.

It is widely expected that the youngster will not be a part of Manchester United's regular first team but is set to start in the cup matches. Sakho who made Ligue 1 debut for PSG in 2007 against Valenciennes FC has played seventeen times for the club since. Sakho was the skipper of French U-17 team at 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup in South Korea and led France into the quarter finals where they lost to Spain on penalties.

Sakho spoke exclusively to MUTV upon arrival at old Trafford

I am very glad to be a Manchester United player now. I loved my time in France and learned much, but this chance I could not let go. I will need to work hard in training every day, learn new things, improve on my strengths. I came here because I am very enthusiastic about working under Eric Cantona and I hope that I can one day be as good as my idol Rio Ferdinand. Manchester United was always the favourite club for me and today I fulfilled my dream.

Mamadou Sakho, New Manchester United Player

In other transfer news related to Manchester United, Darren Gibson the twenty-one year old Northern Irish midfielder has joined Championship Side Derby County on a season long loan. Gibson who joined Manchester United as a seventeen year old in 2004 has made just one start for the Red Devils. He has spend most of his time on loan at Royal Antwerp where he made thirty-three appearances and Wolves where he made twenty-one appearances.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
skysportslogo.gif

20th July 2008

MANCHESTER UNITED TO MAKE THREE IN A ROW

champions.jpg

Manchester United and Chelsea have been declared as joint favorites to hold aloft the Premier League title come the last day of the season by Sky Bet.

Sky Bet today released odds for the upcoming English Premier League season. At the top of the list there are no real surprises with Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal all priced as favorites.

However Manchester United and Chelsea are priced at 5-2 to win the league, slightly better then Liverpool's 5-1 and Arsenal's 3-1. Manchester City 28-1, Everton 38-1 and Aston Villa 43-1 are the next best odds you will receive.

Tottenham 120-1, Blackburn 162-1 and Newcastle 196-1 are all medium risk bets and if they had good seasons could see themselves in with a chance of lifting the trophy. Newly promoted Stoke City, Hull and West Brom are all tipped to be immediately relegated from English footballs top tier.

Manchester United today also released their upcoming pre-season fixtures ahead of their title defence. The Red Devils will take on German sides Schalke 04 and Werder Bremen over a four day period. United will play Portuguese side Sporting Lisbon three days before their community shield game with Portsmouth at Wembley.

Manchester United 5/2
Chelsea 5/2
Arsenal 3/1
Liverpool 5/1
Manchester City 28/1
Everton 38/1
Aston Villa 43/1
Tottenham 120/1
Blackburn 162/1
Newcastle 196/1
Portsmouth 220/1
West Ham 291/1
Middlesbrough 332/1
Sunderland 414/1
Fulham 428/1
Bolton 432/1
Wigan 550/1
West Brom 612/1
Hull 669/1
Stoke City 688/1​

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
BBCFootball.png

26th July 2008

email.gif
E-mail this to a friend
print.gif
Printable version

REDS HEAD GERMANY

fergiehotelR_450x300.jpg

The Reds squad flew to Germany on Saturday afternoon ahead of United's participation in the pre-season Germany tour.

Eric Cantona selected a 21-man squad for the pre-season trip which also includes matches against Schalke 04 and Werder Bremen. The Reds' first match is at Gelsenkirchen where United meet Schalke 04 at the Veltins-Arena on Monday 28 July.

Werder Bremen pose the next challenge, in Bremen’s Weserstadion on Wednesday 30 July, before United play their final game against Sporting Lisbon at Old Trafford.

The most notable absentees from the traveling party were Dimitar Berbatov and Gary Neville, who are both following different training programmes to the main group and are not yet ready for games. Tom Heaton has also been excused following a knee complaint over the summer.

As expected, Euro 2008 semi finalist participants Edwin van der Sar and Cristiano Ronaldo are not involved, while the Chinese striker Dong Fangzhuo are on international duty .

Squad: Foster, Kuszczak, Amos ; Brown, Ferdinand(c), Sakho, O’Shea, Evra, Rafael Da Silva, Fabio Da Silva, Vidic. ; Carrick, Possenbon, Fletcher, Anderson, Giggs, Hargreaves, Scholes. ; Rooney, Tevez, Manucho.

Users who are viewing this thread