Following on is seriously flawed

I think its down to bowling.
Your best bowler grabs a 5-6-7 fer in the first innings but that bowler struggles like hell to get wickets in the 2nd innings after following on.

ICC 2006 : 2048 season

Firstly, this is not my match. I was going through the other results when I found this one.

Seriously, the AI should give some thought before enforcing the follow-on [ I dont know how it is in the newer versions]

SA, after getting a 231 run lead and with lots of time remaining should have batted again and set them a target on a deteriorating pitch. But instead they enforce follow-on. England make merry :D and set SA itself a target, that too by declaring :D & these guys collapse on a hopeless track. :rolleyes

Not only this match, there are many matches wherein the AI just enforces the follow-on without considering the time left in that match still. Probably could be incorporated in the newer versions.

Poor SouthAfrica - :p

This has definitely happened to me quite a few times as well, I agree with the OP.

A lot of the time not enforcing the follow on is the best move - especially on a deteriorating pitch, and depending if the opponent has capable batsman.

Users who are viewing this thread