Footwork - how does it work?

Scotsman1975

School Cricketer
Hi - can someone kindly explain how footwork works in ashes cricket? I know how to play front and back foot shots but my question is, do you have to point the footwork stick towards where the ball is bouncing, or is simply a case of pulling the stick forward for front foot and back for back foot?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 46200

Hi - can someone kindly explain how footwork works in ashes cricket? I know how to play front and back foot shots but my question is, do you have to point the footwork stick towards where the ball is bouncing, or is simply a case of pulling the stick forward for front foot and back for back foot?

Thanks
Try the fox trot first and then move to lindy hop for a proper workout and your footwork will improve...

Back for back foot and forwards for front foot but get the timing right first and then move up you maybe giving yourself too much to do (no idea how skilled you are at the game)but reading the length is a difficult skill.

D

Dutch

Thanks so you don’t need to point stick towards bounce of ball? Just back and forward?
In the higher levels you do: it becomes more and more crucial: so lower difficulties forward or back is enough, higher difficulties foot placement and timing becomes more crucial....so you can have ideal shot and timing but if foot-work isnt good then you can still nick or miss

Users who are viewing this thread