FootyFanaticFX- A Season with the Mighty Saints

OffCutters

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Coach Interview before Round 1
Q:How do you feel about your chances of winning the flag this year?
Ross Lyon:Well, we have probably been underrated for the past few years but i reckon we`ve got a good chance this year, we have a fully fit squad who had a very good pre-season.

Q: Who do you think will be the most promising player this year for the St.Kilda Footy club?
Ross Lyon: Obviously Riewoldt`s been doing a good job as the leader of the club, also Lenny, being vice-captain, but we have many young talents who have stepped up and shown that they are capable to do the job this year.

Q: Thanks for your time, now this is the side that will take on the Sydney Swans for Round 1.

B: Zac Dawson, Jason Blake, Farren Ray
HB: Steven Baker, Sam Fisher, Brendon Goddard
C: Jason Gram, Luke Ball, Andrew McQualter
F: Clinton Jones, Nick Riewoldt (C) , Adam Schneider
FF: Sam Gilbert, Justin Koschitzke, Stephen Milne
Foll: Leigh Montagna, Michael Gardiner, Nick Dal Santo
Interchange: Lenny Hayes, Aaron Fiora, Steven King, Xavier Clarke.

Have your say on who`s going to win for this Round 1 blockbuster.

OffCutters

International Coach
Dissapointment was in the air for St.Kilda Fans after a very dissapointing effort against the Swans.
Saints-2.2-4.2-5.5-5.6= 36
Swans- 3.1-7.7-9-10-13.6=96

Saints Goals: Koschitzke 2, Baker 1, Schneider 1, Milne 1
Swans Goals: Hall 6, Malceski 2, O Keefe 1, Jolly 1, Bolton 1, Goodes 1, Davis 1

Saints Best:Goddard, Blake, Riewoldt, Koschitzke, Dal Santo, Montagna
Swans Best: Hall, O`Keefe, Jolly, Bolton, McVeigh, Jack

Ross Lyon describes his team`s efforts as disgraceful and shocking. Sure enough, they werent getting the contested ball, there was hardly any pressure given and scrappy kicking and ball handling were to blame for the loss as well. Starting the new season with a thrashing was not the dream start. But the efforts of Goddard and Blake have to be mentioned. And to add the disappointment, Steven Baker will be missing a game for striking. The Saints will be hoping to get a win againts the Adelaide Crows, who also lost their first game, down at AAMI stadium.

Last edited:

Roofrom50

International Coach
Fantastic to see another footy story happening here on Planetcricket :D:D

Strange to have Gilbert starting in the forward pocket, would of thought he'd be a perminent backmen for the Saints?
Poor loss up early against the Swans at the Dome

OffCutters

International Coach
I saw him playing there against west coast and just thought i`d try placing him there didnt do a great job though.

OffCutters

International Coach
Coach Interview before Round 2
Q: How`d you feel after the loss to Sydney?
Lyon:Obviously very dissapointed, but it was good seeing people like Goddard and Blake not giving up and putting the hard work in.

Q:Will there be any major changes in the squad?
Lyon: I dont think so, except for Baker, who will be missing round 2 because of suspension.

Q:How do you feel about the chances for your boys to win against the crows?
Lyon: Mate, I reckon we`re a pretty good chance, just because we had a bad loss doesnt mean that we`ll play badly for the whole season, it just means that we have to really step up and put in the hardwork.

Q: Thanks for your time, mate. Now this is the squad who will face the Crows at AAMI

B: Zac Dawson, Aaron Fiora, Sam Gilbert
HB: Farren Ray, Sam Fisher, Brendon Goddard
C: Lenny Hayes, Luke Ball, Andrew McQualter
FF: James Gwlit, Justin Koschitzke, Stephen Milne
Interchange: Jarryn Geary,Jason Gram, Steven King, Xavier Clarke

OffCutters added 53 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Another disappointing loss for St.Kilda against the crows.

Saints: 0.4-4.6-8.8-9.12=66
Crows: 4.3-6.7-8.9-11-15=81

Goals:
Saints:Koschitzke 4, X.Clarke 2, Riewoldt 2, Schneider 1
Crows:Burton 3, McLeod 2, Stevens 2, Douglas 1, Johncock 1, Reilly 1, Knights 1

Best: Saints: Farren Ray ( 36 Disposals ), Montagna, Fisher, Riewoldt, Koschitzke, Jones
Crows:Burton, McLeod, Johncock, Bock, Van Berlo, Knights

Another dissapointing day for St.Kilda fans down here at AAMI. But they played better today though, they played as a team and got the contested ball and kicked a few goals for that reason, and instead of losing by 60 points like last week, they lost by 15 points. But the person who really stood out, was the new recruit from the Bulldogs, Farren Ray. He racked up 36 disposals and has definitely shown Ross Lyon that he is capable of playing for St.Kilda. Ross lyon has also given Farren Ray the game ball for his impressive performance. Here we are talking to the man himself. Lenny Hayes has injured his right ankle and will be out for awhile.

Q: How`d you feel receiving the game ball?
Ray: Obviously very happy, its only my second game for the Saints.

Q: Are you happy with your team`s performance in this match?
Ray: Well we have many aspects of the game we have to improve on but i reckon we`re getting better after each game and we`ll see how we go mate.

Q:Thanks for your time Farren. So there we are, The Crows defeating the Saints by 10 points. We`ll see you all next time.

Last edited:

punterpupnroy

International Cricketer
That was a big improvement for the saints.

Mate just some pointers, try some different fonts, colours, sizes , bolds ect. And add some pictures to your updates. Seriously it makes a big difference. But the written value is there. So i applaud you. Well done:clap:clap

OffCutters

International Coach
_Ross_Lyon_246a.jpg

Interview with Ross Lyon

Q: With Lenny Hayes injured who`ll replace him?
R:Moss probably James Gwilt, he`s fully fit and ready to play AFL again.

Q:St.kilda has not won a match yet, how do you feel about that
R:Obviously very disappointing, not the way we would like to start the season, but with a little hard work we`ll make the finals.

Q: Thanks for your time, now this is the squad that will take on the West Coast Eagles at Etihad Stadium.

B: Zac Dawson, Aaron Fiora, Sam Gilbert
HB: Farren Ray, Sam Fisher, Brendon Goddard
C: James Gwlit, Luke Ball, Andrew McQualter
FF: James Gwlit, Justin Koschitzke, Stephen Milne
Interchange: Jarryn Geary,Jason Gram, Steven King, Xavier Clarke

Last edited:

OffCutters

International Coach
Saints 1st win of the season

Saints:4.6-6.9-11.5-14.6=100
Eagles:0.3-3.7-6.8-9.10=64

Goals:
Saints: Koschitzke 4, Riewoldt 3, Milne 2, Geary 1, Ball 1, Gram 1, Schneider 1, Jones 1

Eagles:Lecras 3, Lynch 3, Waters 1, Ebert 1, Hansen 1

Saints Best: Koschitzke, Milne, Riewoldt, Schneider, Montagna, Ray

Eagles Best: Wirrpanda, Stenglein, Cox, Hunter, Lynch, Embley

SaintsCycler_246b.jpg

The Saints get a win over the Eagles down at Docklands. St Kilda will be looking for more wins to come in their upcoming games. The 36-point victory proved that St.Kilda werent pushovers. Koschitzke was brilliant, kicking 4 goals but was reported for kicking Lynch. Riewoldt did a good job kicking 3 goals. Michael Gardiner is also reported for striking. We are now talking to Ross Lyon about the Saints win against the Eagles.

Q: That was a great win wasnt it? How did you feel in the coaches box?

R: Obviously very happy, i was impressed with our team`s performance.

Q: Will you go to your next game with newfound confidence?

R: Yes i think so, this match has shown that we are a strong team and that we dont back down easily.

Q: Thanks for your time mate, enjoy the win.

R: Cheers, mate.

There we have it, St.Kilda, beating the West Coast Eagles by 6 goals, we`ll see you next week.

Last edited:

OffCutters

International Coach
Breaking News: Koschitzke and Michael Gardiner will both be out for 2 games after being reported againts the west coast eagles. Ross Lyon will definitely have a very tough time finding players to replace them. BTW, we`re currently sitting at number 11 on the table.

Last edited:

Roofrom50

International Coach
Mate, seriously.. the font, and color and the pictures, make the story a whole lot more better if i must add. Great stuff.

onto the story, good win for the Saints coming into round 3, that would be a terrible start 0-3.
Too bad against the Crows :p McLeod was just too gooooodd

OffCutters

International Coach
Yeah thanks Roo. Also thanks to punter for the great advice, really helped make the story a whole lot better.

OffCutters

International Coach
Oh damn sorry guys, i deleted my last post and turns out it was merged with my match stuff and previews...sorry i really screwed up. Sorry about that, seriously can be bothered typing up round 4 again so i`ll just tell you the results.

Saints:79 Freo: 83

Last minute goal by pavlich saves Freo.

Sorry guys. It pisses me off that i was typing that up for half an hour and screwing up. To make up for it i`ll make round 5 extra long.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread