Forget the trailer. DBC 17 is in my hands.

I can't seem to play shots anywhere :P

Every time I try to cutaway the batsman acts as Younis Khan, i.e. bows down & then tries to play the shot, & hits the ball not to the off side but to gully.

Another bad I found was pressing R3 for advance shot. You have to do that before the bowler balls and batsman will take a particular batting posture. In 2 players that's a dead give away that you intend to hit the ball over the top.

I think we were better off with DBC'14 controls when it comes to batting.

I think the R3 works well, in DBC the bowler doesn't get the benefit of seeing the batsman ready themselves for coming down the wicket. If the batter presses R3 late, then the bowler has a split second to alter line/length in return.

Gully is on the offside and if you were late on a cut it would go behind point/gully region??

What I mean is that on deliveries where batsman should straighten up & play cut shot to deep square leg or deep mid-wicket he just bows down & plays slow shot to gully. May be its my timing. But its frustrating.

Is their option of AI vs AI matches in DBC17??Anyone pls tell.

What I mean is that on deliveries where batsman should straighten up & play cut shot to deep square leg or deep mid-wicket he just bows down & plays slow shot to gully. May be its my timing. But its frustrating.

How the heck can you play a cut shot to deep square leg or deep mid-wkt??? What are you on about and what sort of cricket are you playing?

How the heck can you play a cut shot to deep square leg or deep mid-wkt??? What are you on about and what sort of cricket are you playing?

Well, maybe if the bowler bowled from wide of the crease, the batsman has a cover facing stance, the thickest of inside edges...

Oops. Sorry. I meant deep point & deep cover. Being a former left handed batsman can be confusing sometime. I was taught field positions from right handed perspective while on ground. :P

My batting dexterity confused field points asides, my verdict of this game is 'mixed' at the best. I played for few more hours & I can't seem to get into the game. Batting remains frustrating & I am not motivated to bowl. Camera work during batting is very lacking. The current visuals & camera work in the game do not create proper cricketing environment within the game, nor does the game play create mood for the players (or at least for me). Of course, this just is my opinion. I am an old timer. My first cricket game was Brian Lara'94. My all time favourite cricket game is Brian Lara Cricket 1999 (BLIC'99). I believe most people of my generation would also say the same. The best game in terms of graphics and camera work was International Cricket'10 (IC'10). Unfortunately, neither DBC'14 nor DBC'17 come close to the fun of playing BLIC'99, or visuals & camera work of IC'10. With all the modern resources it should certainly have passed them by a big margin.

It is not the game some of us wanted, but would have to do with. In my view the game is 5.5/10. Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some, or may be most, of you may find it lot better & truly enjoyable.

However, the fact that DBC'17 is the only cricket game made on fan opinions & requests makes it significantly important. It is truly a "people's game" & hopefully future games in the series would continue to be so. BA team's hard work is definitely very much appreciated regardless of what our final verdicts be, & credit should be given where credit is due. Once again, congratulations to Ross & BA Team.

My batting dexterity confused field points asides, my verdict of this game is 'mixed' at the best. I played for few more hours & I can't seem to get into the game. Batting remains frustrating & I am not motivated to bowl. Camera work during batting is very lacking. The current visuals & camera work in the game do not create proper cricketing environment within the game, nor does the game play create mood for the players (or at least for me). Of course, this just is my opinion. I am an old timer. My first cricket game was Brian Lara'94. My all time favourite cricket game is Brian Lara Cricket 1999 (BLIC'99). I believe most people of my generation would also say the same. The best game in terms of graphics and camera work was International Cricket'10 (IC'10). Unfortunately, neither DBC'14 nor DBC'17 come close to the fun of playing BLIC'99, or visuals & camera work of IC'10. With all the modern resources it should certainly have passed them by a big margin.

It is not the game some of us wanted, but would have to do with. In my view the game is 5.5/10. Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some, or may be most, of you may find it lot better & truly enjoyable.

However, the fact that DBC'17 is the only cricket game made on fan opinions & requests makes it significantly important. It is truly a "people's game" & hopefully future games in the series would continue to be so. BA team's hard work is definitely very much appreciated regardless of what our final verdicts be, & credit should be given where credit is due. Once again, congratulations to Ross & BA Team.

Agreed, I am of the feeling that I may have to play ALOT with the gameplay sliders to get the feel right.....however I wish there was a guide as to what the sliders do, and when changed what will happenand..... do the game play sliders only work when you choose CUSTOM difficulty at the start for batting/bowling.. also..... when you practice.... are you practising using the custom gameplay sliders? because the practice feels very different to what I am playing (granted I have not yet chosen CUSTOM difficulty when playing matches.... I am going to go on a lengthy exploration of the impact of the gameplay sliders while I wait for the community player/kit updates.

and yes the DBC14 running cameras were better, the one i used is missing in dbc17... it took DBC14 3 patches to get close to perfect, so there is always hope for DBC17 :)

ps my top score so far in ODI is 114 all out with my number 10 and 11 making top scores! :) chasing 254. played on BATTING: MEDIUM, BOWLING: HARD -- had them 50 something for 5 at one stage!

anyways lots of tweaking in my future i see this weekend!

Has anyone who's been playing or watching the game picked up any impressions as to how the AI responds to higher or lower rated opposition? For example, do batsmen target a perceived weak link in the bowling attack, do the fielding side get more defensive against quality batsmen in form and so on? Really intrigued to learn more about the AI in different match situations at the moment - even how they pace their innings in limited overs or respond to being behind after the first innings in a Test or something. Do they go on the attack when they need runs in a T20, or try to bat out a draw if they're struggling at the end of a first class game? Any insight would be great to see.

Users who are viewing this thread