Forget the trailer. DBC 17 is in my hands.

Quick question for folks who've played career mode... can you start career mode on custom difficulty, or do the gameplay sliders have an impact in career mode? The reason I'm asking is that I would like to play a career mode but would like to set the ball marker slider to a setting where I'm able to view the line & length indicator when the ball is in the bowler's hand. Want to know if it's possible.

Quick question for folks who've played career mode... can you start career mode on custom difficulty, or do the gameplay sliders have an impact in career mode? The reason I'm asking is that I would like to play a career mode but would like to set the ball marker slider to a setting where I'm able to view the line & length indicator when the ball is in the bowler's hand. Want to know if it's possible.
Yes - before each match in career you can pick your batting and bowling difficulty - which includes custom.

@MattW

Online difficulty level seems to b set at amateur .
And there no option to change that.

Plz give some views about this.

@christy_lenin1 Hi mate is there no option to turn the ring around the ball off? And do left arm spinners bowl around the wicket to right handed batsmen by default?

If it's not too much of a ask, is it possible to upload 10-15 minutes of AI vs AI on a green wicket test match? That would give us some better picture of AI leaves and mentality.

I wasnt going to ask this as hardly anyone uses the AI vs AI feature and I'm sure they are all busy enjoying the game, but I watch a lot of AI v AI stuff and I feel it is really important in the career mode (when you are at the non strikers end for example). I'd like to run a big fantasy league on DBC 17 and just watch the games while I work. If someone could upload a video of AI v AI that would be awesome :) Test match, not sure if the difficulty makes a difference.

I wasnt going to ask this as hardly anyone uses the AI vs AI feature and I'm sure they are all busy enjoying the game, but I watch a lot of AI v AI stuff and I feel it is really important in the career mode (when you are at the non strikers end for example). I'd like to run a big fantasy league on DBC 17 and just watch the games while I work. If someone could upload a video of AI v AI that would be awesome :) Test match, not sure if the difficulty makes a difference.
Me too watch lots of AI vs AI stuffs actually more than playing.
If someone could upload last overs of t20 and odi match and some overs of test match?

I've had a look at the earlier video and it looks encouraging. I am hoping a lot of the slogging is due to the fact that it is Warner's mentality on Legend mode. Joe Burns looked a lot more careful with less powerful strokemaking, which is something I have wanted so badly implemented in DBC14. AI vs AI on Normal difficulty would give us a great idea of what's going on. Maybe stream it overnight or something if someone is feeling charitable on here :)

Absolutely spewing here. How can I get this game? I have seen a UAE seller who is charging 107 pounds to deliver the game to the UK in two days. I guess I have more chance of getting a spicy curry in the Netherlands than finding the game in a store when I get back. Haha this had better be good. I am a 30 year old man displaying some suspect behaviour in recent days.

Last edited:
Haha I can't wait to do the little stories and updates!

I used to be on a forum called cricketgames.com and they would use an accurate cricket simulator to make simulations of each game that was going on in real life. It was all text based but it was interesting. I really hope this, although it will never be so lifelike, will allow me to do something along those lines, all in stunning graphics.

I used to be on a forum called cricketgames.com and they would use an accurate cricket simulator to make simulations of each game that was going on in real life. It was all text based but it was interesting. I really hope this, although it will never be so lifelike, will allow me to do something along those lines, all in stunning graphics.

From the early signs I think your going to like the difference in batsmen ability and skill

They are fully editable - but the club selection is designed so that there are clubs from across the country, not just within the borders of the particular counties that there are teams for, assigning clubs into broad regions.

Understood and good to know - many thanks for the reply. To go from the fun but basic career mode in '14 to something this rich in depth is very impressive (and will certainly provide many hours of entertainment).

Users who are viewing this thread