Forget the trailer. DBC 17 is in my hands.

They are fully editable - but the club selection is designed so that there are clubs from across the country, not just within the borders of the particular counties that there are teams for, assigning clubs into broad regions.
I assume you can make your own team if your city isn't there?

Ideally as far as edges are concerned (ones that are caught) , you would expect to see 2-6 an innings at the very least, plus many more that dont carry or fly through gaps etc, especially in test matches.

Has anyone who's played the game, tried there best McGrath interpretation yet - just on or around off stump, nibbling a few away and a couple in, for a sustained period of time?

Also im not worried about the so called lack of defensive strokes, because if you bowl too straight or too wide or too full or too short too much, then a batsman will and should play he's shots (ideally)... im sure theres a "dry line" somewhere around off stump, on a "good length"!

Last edited:
Yeah that 42 min bowling video is promising regarding AI, warner n burns batting with their mentality, burns had a beautiful play n miss @3.1 overs, lack of edges could be due to non consistent slow pace bowling, all 3 wickets were caught outs. Would like to see a consistent 10 over spell of good pace bowling on normal difficulty. Thanks for upload anyways.

Also it was set to slow pitch. Which I guess would be less conducive to nicks off the seamers to an extent.

A lot of balls to warner was inswingers from left arm seamer which he fed on.

No one has really much about the lack of zip off the pitch.

I do genuinely think a lot of the things we are identifying as small "issues" are possibly down to a lack of consistent bowling. Which at this stage is understandable.

Thanks for that upload @christy_lenin1 , I felt it realistic as thats how Warner does it most of the times. One specific delivery where it beats Warner and bowler appealing for catch was amazing. I am assuming, once we master the bowling, we might challenge the AI bit more.

If it's not too much of a ask, is it possible to upload 10-15 minutes of AI vs AI on a green wicket test match? That would give us some better picture of AI leaves and mentality.

Ideally as far as edges are concerned (ones that are caught) , you would expect to see 2-6 an innings at the very least, plus many more that dont carry or fly through gaps etc, especially in test matches.

Has anyone who's played the game, tried there best McGrath interpretation yet - just on or around off stump, nibbling a few away and a couple in, for a sustained period of time?

That's why the hack was so good in the previous games it gave you exactly that.

I do actually think this game has it aswell, but like you said you need that spell of consistent testing bowling.

The test match video for me shows so much more of the game than the 5/5 stuff etc.

Also it was set to slow pitch. Which I guess would be less conducive to nicks off the seamers to an extent.

A lot of balls to warner was inswingers from left arm seamer which he fed on.

No one has really much about the lack of zip off the pitch.

I do genuinely think a lot of the things we are identifying as small "issues" are possibly down to a lack of consistent bowling. Which at this stage is understandable.
Yeah should arrive at a decision only when we get the game in our hands..

The test match video for me shows so much more of the game than the 5/5 stuff etc.

Yeah it does, I'd live to see someone bowl a whole innings or 2 of a test match, and just show the highlights of the dismissals, but yeah haha enjoy the game at your own leisure! Just curious arent we weally!

Yeah and our bowling will no doubt be rubbish for first few games ha!

I'm personally relishing getting into my first club game full of excitement and confidence and edging my first ball behind. I remember my first half a season on DBC was not dissimilar to that, haha! I quite enjoy that spell of being rubbish at the start of a game though - it shows you have to start from somewhere, haha!

Well Great to see different parts of Mumbai city - Andheri,Navi mumbai,worli.....
Considering the Fact Mumbai plays a Ranji Team Including the state Maharashtra.

Yeah it does, I'd live to see someone bowl a whole innings or 2 of a test match, and just show the highlights of the dismissals, but yeah haha enjoy the game at your own leisure! Just curious arent we weally!

Haha exactly. I actually think the video is massively encouraging. The two really good balls had the batsmen in all sorts of bother.

One thing about @BigAntStudios that I love. Whether it be 14 or RLL etc is they do the little things right.

Ross and the guys obviously know how the AI should bat in a test.

Thanks @christy_lenin1 for showing all the local teams! Now to the academy to make some fairly low quality local grounds...!

Users who are viewing this thread