Forget the trailer. DBC 17 is in my hands.

Just few question primarily related to AI
1)Does the Play and Miss/LBWs seems realistic? I mean tell there is no huge gap b/w bat and bowl when the AI misses the shot/get LBW (so far from the videos it looks great)
2)Does the AI tries to hit out almost every ball in the last two overs especially when they have wickets in hands? (From the videos it doesn't look like they do)
3)Does the skill in career mode increase as you perform similar things repeatedly ? like bowl more outswing and your outswing skill goes up.

In the test match footage I am concerned by the fact that there seems to be a less then ideal amount of leaves/blocks in a test match.

Seem to still be pretty aggressive for my liking. Time will tell.

Mate, thank you so much very appreciated.

Very enjoyable to watch the slower form of the game.

Things I noticed and I wonder what you think about them.

Not many play and misses with the new ball, however one beauty of a delivery that swung away and batman had no idea. As well as this not many out and out defensive shots.

Would you put this down to you still learning how to bowl?

Seemed like when you did get it spot on they showed you respect.

Warner played differently to the others. How you would expect him to.

No edges with the new ball. Again down to learning the ropes with the bowling?
[DOUBLEPOST=1481449120][/DOUBLEPOST]
In the test match footage I am concerned by the fact that there seems to be a less then ideal amount of leaves/blocks in a test match.

Seem to still be pretty aggressive for my liking. Time will tell.

Just beat me to it. But could be down to the quality of deliveries?

[DOUBLEPOST=1481449120][/DOUBLEPOST]

Just beat me to it. But could be down to the quality of deliveries?

Yeah if you look at the over that starts at about 9:30 there is a few good ones in that particular over.

My main concern in that a leave really should be the default action of the AI at the start of the innings.

Again, too early to tell

I enjoyed seeing Warner play how he would.

There was one unplayable away swinger that the batsmen couldn't do anything with. But only managed to produce this once.

One play and miss on the front foot. Probably the fullest delivery you bowled.

No real edges.

Be interesting to see what happens when people get to grips with bowling.

I just hope Iv not been spoiled by @francobaldo1 hack.

Which by no means @BigAntStudios fault.

Loads to be excited about. Bowling looks harder this year.

Also the majority of the balls bowled to the lefties were in duckers, so your. It going to leave those.

Warner batting at a run a ball whilst Burns scores fairely slower is super promising though.

If they have got mentalities down that is a huge step forward.

All about the edges. Gives so much - makes bowling and captaincy more fun as you're balancing the idea of attack and defence, an extra catcher vs a run saver etc.

Until Franco that just wasn't in 14 and it's the main thing I am looking for in this iteration. There was a great edge in one of his earlier videos.

Warner batting at a run a ball whilst Burns scores fairely slower is super promising though.

If they have got mentalities down that is a huge step forward.
About 5 years ago I was hitting centuries with Ashish Nehra in C07! LOL! Love the realism coming to us first with DBC 14 and 17 takea it a step further (Sometimes I get tailenders out on purpose just to make it seem realistic haahah)

Whilst in the test video he is bowling at the stumps a lot, there are still definitely not enough leaves. I do love the strike rate differential between Burns and Warner though, but it seems largely because Burns is playing weaker shots that he doesn't time, like some pulls to the infield, rather than really playing defensively.

For me Tests are the true test of the AI.
Lots of promising stuff is that video.

@christy_lenin1 was that on legend. Which would be even more unforgiving.

Looks to be on 'Legend' as the batting and bowling difficulty selected at the start was 'HARDEST'.

hi, can anyone please guide where are the earned stats of players in this version as i cant see neither at Academy/players or anywhere else. Thanks in advance

Even after hundreds of hours on 14 the AI would still cream me about if I missed line or length on legend. I'm hoping on a lower difficulty the AI will be more forgiving and play accordingly when bowling isn't bang on.

@christy_lenin1 dont suppose you finished that innings off.

Not asking you to upload or anything you have done more than enough, just curious how it panned out.
Whilst in the test video he is bowling at the stumps a lot, there are still definitely not enough leaves. I do love the strike rate differential between Burns and Warner though, but it seems largely because Burns is playing weaker shots that he doesn't time, like some pulls to the infield, rather than really playing defensively.

I think it's always down to the execution of the delivery rather than the line with this game.

Users who are viewing this thread