Forget the trailer. DBC 17 is in my hands.

And then praised roundly by the commentary for being a good shot, haha! I have to admit actually, from what I've seen of the videos so far, I think I'll be turning the commentary off this year. It seems to disappear for ages until I forget it's there and start getting into the zone of thinking what shot I'd play if I was playing, and then when it comes back it seems like it's intruding from outside somehow. I don't want to criticise it as I'm sure the effort has gone into improving it, but it all sounds a bit too much like it's being read out or something to me, rather than actually being a part of the game, and it seems to take me out of the moment when I'm watching.
Yeah some places its off and wrong lines like you mentioned with that edge for 4 shot...But I dont mind that much, its good to hear Taylor..Even in DBC 14 commentary wasnt much of an issue and infact it was fun for me as I knew what was the line that was about to come and I would try to tell the line along with commentator in the same style..:p

Its the immersion thing which is really important for me in the game , so far its positive...Especially the ground music...Not able to hear AI batsman saying no, wait, yes yes when they are batting on all occasions , not an issue when human bats..

The other one! I know one of them is James Taylor!

Haha, sorry, he's always introduced second so when you asked for the second commentator, I thought you meant him, like you knew the voice but couldn't remember whose it was or something. No worries anyway.

Mike Coward - an Aus cricket journo and - by the sounds of him - charisma-free speaker.

Come on the Dave, I respect your opinion. You know what I think about this game gameplay wise but am I being blind here, but the players look different to 14 but I'm not convinced different in a good way. I can't put my finger on it....

Spin bowling is not easy this time, we need lot of practice but the feel is great

Here is a quick 5 over match with updated australian kits.
one thing for sure there won't be any complaints of edges, you get lot of thick edges getting caught or going to boundaries

Thanks for sharing the video and would appreciate it if you can answer the following couple of queries...

1. What was the difficulty level at which you played the game? Was it 'PRO' or 'VETERAN'?
2. When you change the gameplay modifier for the ball marker, how early are you able to view the line & length indicator?

Thanks for sharing the video and would appreciate it if you can answer the following couple of queries...

1. What was the difficulty level at which you played the game? Was it 'PRO' or 'VETERAN'?
2. When you change the gameplay modifier for the ball marker, how early are you able to view the line & length indicator?
1.Legend
2.Havent seen but I think best is from the point of hand rotation taking into consideration that length can be changed till that...

Come on the Dave, I respect your opinion. You know what I think about this game gameplay wise but am I being blind here, but the players look different to 14 but I'm not convinced different in a good way. I can't put my finger on it....

i think it's the kits. i can't put my finger on what but something about the kits is off so far as i have seen. maybe the colours are too matte? i think the player models and faces are better than DBC14, but I am not convinced the kits are.

i think that's the same issue you and @funnyadit with the score bar - it's a matte block.

i think it's the kits. i can't put my finger on what but something about the kits is off so far as i have seen. maybe the colours are too matte? i think the player models and faces are better than DBC14, but I am not convinced the kits are.

i think that's the same issue you and @funnyadit with the score bar - it's a matte block.

Yeah I would go with that, in simple terms it's lacking 14's shiny look?

The scorebar kills me!

Yeah actually you got that right, its the matte finish..

Yeah I would go with that, in simple terms it's lacking 14's shiny look?

The scorebar kills me!

Yep. I don't mind the score bar particularly, but something on the kits i don't like. Tbf I have only seen them on YouTube or on my system in the academy where I had to lower settings anyway

Yeah actually you got that right, its the matte finish..

It's a good sign that's the only thing I can pick on.

Suppose I'm a bit of a sucker for an attractive HUD. I'm the guy the gets excited over licensed TV overlay etc.

Pretty sure someone from @BigAntStudios did say they wasn't completely happy with the kits?

It's a good sign that's the only thing I can pick on.

Suppose I'm a bit of a sucker for an attractive HUD. I'm the guy the gets excited over licensed TV overlay etc.

Pretty sure someone from @BigAntStudios did say they wasn't completely happy with the kits?
haha really..Yeah Ross did say that...Like @blockerdave said haven't been able to see the game on max as I also have to go to low settings for academy to work smoothly..

1.Legend
2.Havent seen but I think best is from the point of hand rotation taking into consideration that length can be changed till that...

There are 3 types of difficultly

Batting & Bowling difficulty which is for human\user and match difficulty which is for AI.

I set the batting and bowling to hardest and match difficulty (AI) to Legend. when you set the batting to hardest the marker visibility will be only during the ball release as shown in my last video which is similar to dbc14. when i set it to medium you see it a bit early before the release of the ball.

Only if you set the batting or bowling difficult to "custom" the game modifiers will have an effect.

Users who are viewing this thread