Forget the trailer. DBC 17 is in my hands.

Think I might miss the logos at the side of the score bar.

I'll get over it.

Random question - does anybody else miss the days of the scores being in a neat little box in the corner of the screen ha?!

With the PS4 share, we should get a story thread going, I'd be all over that!!
Yeah me too, it feels blank without that, maybe something they could patch it...

Spin bowling is not easy this time, we need lot of practice but the feel is great

Here is a quick 5 over match with updated australian kits.
one thing for sure there won't be any complaints of edges, you get lot of thick edges getting caught or going to boundaries

Yeah we have been playing again and again on PC so got used to it, using so many variations in spin..The variety in bowling is great...

That was good video yet again...Keep playing and have fun..Looking forward to more matches from you, maybe a women's five5 match..:D

I think having an adaptive AI would be harder to code, but strong and weak batsman and agression has been modelled since Brian Lara 05. Really hoping it is better represented in this iteration than the last one, else the whole idea of the academy for me is a waste of time.

Yeah, I know it might too much to ask for at this stage, and its absence wouldn't make me think any worse of the game, just wanted to ask in case. It would be nice to see the AI bowlers thinking and responding to your tactics. Hitting it over the top a lot? How about a slower ball to try and get a mistimed shot. Trying to sweep the spinners regularly? How about a slightly shorter delivery to try and get the top edge, stuff like that. I don't know how much coding was behind it on DBC 14 but it largely felt random to me, and even field placings didn't respond that much to what I was doing. Anything in the new game that makes it more realistic on those kinds of details, I'd love to hear about. On the last game, I could keep hitting the same shot over and over again without anything being done about it, and I just wondered if the AI this time is a bit more responsive.

Definitely agree about batsmen mentalities anyway, and I actually wish there were more options - I think 'opportunist' has disappeared from the last game which has meant I've had to go for 'balanced' this time with my created player and there might be others, I'm not sure. I've also noticed that by default there's almost no variation in skill rating between the different shot types for a batsman. I don't know if this is something the editing guys will be trying to iron out but that's a lot of players, even just for the international sides. It would be nice to have different batsmen better at different types of shots though. I thought that was a feature automatically in the last game, and if a player is equally good at all shot types on the new one, there's not much point trying to make a specific plan of how to bowl at them or anything. I'd like the option of viewing a player's strengths and weaknesses during the match and being able to plan accordingly. Not a huge deal if it all still plays well of course, but just the small kind of detail that would be nice to see. Some players get out more to certain types of shots, and it would be nice to see that reflected in the game, particularly if the AI knew its own strengths and weaknesses, and thus where to try and score and what shots to avoid. I might be expecting far too much though, haha!

Last edited:
Again it's so minor, but I think the scorebar looks bland and a bit less polished than last years.

Game looks class, just an opinion on the cosmetics.
Got the exact same feel has more contents on the scorecard than 14 but looks plain than 14...It's a cosmetic thing but adds to the authenticity with the team logo displayed besides the team name...

Random question - does anybody else miss the days of the scores being in a neat little box in the corner of the screen ha?!

Haha yeah mate! It actually frustrates me more than it probably should lol!

Got the exact same feel has more contents on the scorecard than 14 but looks plain than 14...It's a cosmetic thing but adds to the authenticity with the team logo displayed besides the team name...

The more I look at the more I can't quite work out why changed so much. 14's was smart.

The more I look at the more I can't quite work out why changed so much. 14's was smart.
haha yeah..Gameplay definitely has got more depth for sure looking at the videos..Already was like why wouldnt you get a slip there when that ball flew to boundary off the edge..:D

Please help me with this confusion! Is the Cricket Australia logo licensed? I am seeing it i every gameplay video. Or is it downloaded?

when that ball flew to boundary off the edge..:D

And then praised roundly by the commentary for being a good shot, haha! I have to admit actually, from what I've seen of the videos so far, I think I'll be turning the commentary off this year. It seems to disappear for ages until I forget it's there and start getting into the zone of thinking what shot I'd play if I was playing, and then when it comes back it seems like it's intruding from outside somehow. I don't want to criticise it as I'm sure the effort has gone into improving it, but it all sounds a bit too much like it's being read out or something to me, rather than actually being a part of the game, and it seems to take me out of the moment when I'm watching.

And then praised roundly by the commentary for being a good shot, haha! I have to admit actually, from what I've seen of the videos so far, I think I'll be turning the commentary off this year. It seems to disappear for ages until I forget it's there and start getting into the zone of thinking what shot I'd play if I was playing, and then when it comes back it seems like it's intruding from outside somehow. I don't want to criticise it as I'm sure the effort has gone into improving it, but it all sounds a bit too much like it's being read out or something to me, rather than actually being a part of the game, and it seems to take me out of the moment when I'm watching.
Who's the second commentator?

Who's the second commentator?
James Taylor, isn't it? I'm not questioning his prowess with the bat, but a thick edge past backward point wouldn't go down as a good shot in my book, haha!

James Taylor, isn't it? I'm not questioning his prowess with the bat, but a thick edge past backward point wouldn't go down as a good shot in my book, haha!
The other one! I know one of them is James Taylor!

Users who are viewing this thread