Forget the trailer. DBC 17 is in my hands.

Was out earlier so just catching up on the videos now - I love that there's a reminder of the pitch conditions when you make your decision at the toss, in case you missed them at the start. Agree that it would be nice to see batsmen settling in for the first few overs in a Test though. There's a bit too much hitting the ball in the air at the moment, in addition to almost every ball being an attempted shot. Sometimes they're just hitting it straight to a fielder though, so presumably they're not trying to get a run - maybe that could be solved by just switching those situations to a defensive block? Does anyone know if the AI adjusts depending on who's bowling? It would be interesting if they showed more respect to higher rated bowlers, etc.

Also just spotted that when the batsmen are running, there's a button prompt above each end - is that for helping you know which button to press when throwing the ball back for a potential runout? Very nice touch if so - I used to forget sometimes on the last game, haha! I personally find the slow-mo fielding a bit distracting, but it's a good addition for those who want to field. I might just set that stuff to assisted again to concentrate on bowling though as I find that more immersive.

Are there any screenshots around of that Bowler Manager in the menu - I haven't seen that before. Thanks for the videos anyway. Even just glimpses at some of the settings menus and small things like that have answered some of my questions. Going to look through the clubs list video now. Any chance of a look at the batting and bowling tutorials if you have time? Really appreciate what's been shared so far.

For me, the aerial shots in tests bug me a lot.

However if they are dispatching sh'it balls then I guess it's fair enough.

Hard balance I guess unless you programmed it so every shot wasn't aerial in a test. Then they would be very unrealistic ha!

@christy_lenin1 dont suppose you finished that innings off.

Not asking you to upload or anything you have done more than enough, just curious how it panned out.

I think it's always down to the execution of the delivery rather than the line with this game.

so far 145/3 in 30 overs. warner scores his hundred in 96 balls. i think warner is aggressive because of his batting style and my fast bowlers are not consistent and not generating any pace. The only thing bothers me now is the spinners are not bowling above 80 kmph. I tried all types of delivers with different bowlers.

can someone confirm if they able to bowl 90-100 kmph with the spinners in the academy or those who have the game

so far 145/3 in 30 overs. warner scores his hundred in 96 balls. i think warner is aggressive because of his batting style and my fast bowlers are not consistent and not generating any pace. The only thing bothers me now is the spinners are not bowling above 80 kmph. I tried all types of delivers with different bowlers.

can someone confirm if they able to bowl 90-100 kmph with the spinners in the academy or those who have the game

Any edges, play and misses?

How did the third wicket fall?

As far as the spin pace, slider?

Presumably the career club teams are fully editable - some of the English geographies are a bit off (Norwich in Leicestershire?).

Presumably the career club teams are fully editable - some of the English geographies are a bit off (Norwich in Leicestershire?).
They are fully editable - but the club selection is designed so that there are clubs from across the country, not just within the borders of the particular counties that there are teams for, assigning clubs into broad regions.

Can anyone offer any insight so far on just how the confidence meters work for batsmen and bowlers. Curious to know how quickly they shift due to good/bad balls/shots and by how much, etc. Will the confidence be high at the start of a match if they've had a good run and vice versa, stuff like that? Interested to know how much it impacts on gameplay.

Thanks for the videos @christy_lenin1 ..

-Yeah need more defensive shots for sure but Warner definitely felt like Warner...Never he bats like lets take some time and settle in...
-Leaves are required though and hopefully front foot and back foot leaves not the animation which happens when you press the leave button without any foot movement..Makes it really good to see...
-Definitely feels the consistency in the line plays a role and setting up a batsman hitting the same line and then varying...Such things can be done only when we play..
-As Christy said not much pace or any zip to the deliveries..Would suggest to use LB and RB for short pitch [hitting pitch hard] , long pitch [for getting the ball to do more in the air].
-Would be great if they could add more life to test cricket with on-field cheering up..Come on boys, Nice bowling from fielders etc...And also AI needs to give calls for all deliveries [Yes, no, wait etc] so that feels like something is happening..Mainly because it starts feeling really silent...
-Not sure whether we could list those dismissals as "deserved"..For ODI its definitely something which happens...That balance need to be more clear..

The best thing so far from the videos seen is ,not one bad issue all are tweaks only....

I'll finally be able to play for my local hometown, can anyone show me what's beneath the Gujarat selection (I am a Punjabi Indian from Ahmedabad, Gujarat living in Hong Kong :D) if you have time!

Yeah that 42 min bowling video is promising regarding AI, warner n burns batting with their mentality, burns had a beautiful play n miss @3.1 overs, lack of edges could be due to non consistent slow pace bowling, all 3 wickets were caught outs. Would like to see a consistent 10 over spell of good pace bowling on normal difficulty. Thanks for upload anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread