Free cricket game - Rufus' Ant Cricket

First I tried the update only, but it wasn't compatible. I think it is because I have been using version 1.15.

Hi mate,
What error message did you get when you tired the updated only? It should simply be a matter of placing the new version of the exe file into the root folder where you have originally installed Ant Cricket, and then simply launching the game using this exe.
All records and statistics should remain in tact.
Cheers,
Rufus

I tried playing with the EXE without placing it in the folder where the game was installed, so it didn't work.

For that reason I thought I might need the latest installation files and I installed them. All the stats are now gone and I have to start all over again. Had played more than 150 tests for India, all gone!

My bad. :facepalm

I love the game, it has huge potential, but one thing is missing that really needs adding. And that is sound. A snick, a middled shot, a block, an appeal, thats all you really need.

Just letting you know, the database keeps corrupting. I dont know why, but Ill open it up and its back in the middle of a previous match, with the teams mixed up.

Just played an amazing game. Made 216 batting first as Australia, Sri Lanka made 370 in reply (simmed) and then I made an incredible comeback scoring 554 in the second innings, the opening partnership got me a lead, 80s for Warner, Cowan, Watson and Wade helped set them 401 to win and their second innings was an utter collapse (again simmed)
30su04j.jpg

Hi all,

I have uploaded v1.20 to the website which is designed to allow users to create new leagues and add teams to their leagues. If you already have Ant Cricket installed you should be able to download the zip file and extract the 2 files to your root game folder and use these to run the game without losing any data (but do backup your data.mdb and test.txt files before running these for the first time).

If you are a new user, first download and run the installer from the website and then download these updated files and put them in your root game folder.

Once you have started using the v1.20 files make sure you do not execute the game again using older versions (this will corrupt your data).

Thanks to Parth Kadakia for his help in testing the changes.

Cheers.

Rufus.

Is it possible to delete leagues and/or teams?

Hadn't really thought about deleting leagues and teams to be honest. You can remove a team from a league by removing the tick box from the 'Active' column in the Editor App, but that's about it.

When I next get some time I will look at including the ability to delete teams and leagues.

I filled up my squad so I removed most of the players but it still says my squad is full

I filled up my squad so I removed most of the players but it still says my squad is full

Hey mate. Apologies for that one.

I have fixed the error so if you go to the website and download the update v1.21 should now allow you to add to your squad. The player editor is also in the download but it hasn't changed and is still version 1.20.

Cheers.

Just spdiscovered this - sounds awesome i will be downloading this tomorrow. Looking at the scorecards, what impresses me most is pretty realistic runrates!

Users who are viewing this thread