Free cricket game - Rufus' Ant Cricket

Just got stumped off a no-ball, this should not be the case

Just got stumped off a no-ball, this should not be the case

Ahhh righto! I always thought you could get stumped off a no-ball! What should the outcome be if you are out of your crease when the stumps are broken in that situation? Are you run out? If not, how long do you have to get back into your crease? Or is it just considered essentially a dead ball?

Also, I have posted the files for download at:-
Ant Cricket Download Page

I am currently converting a T20 version of the game to HTML5 so it can be played online. The intention is to allow users to play one-off head to head matches and create leagues where head to head matches are played leading to a finals series and an eventual league champion. The users batting first would simply play their innings against the computer bowling AI and then the user batting second would try and chase it down against the computer AI.

I was thinking about allowing the users to add real $ into prize pools for the winners of head to head matches and the winner of league championships.

Ahhh righto! I always thought you could get stumped off a no-ball! What should the outcome be if you are out of your crease when the stumps are broken in that situation? Are you run out? If not, how long do you have to get back into your crease? Or is it just considered essentially a dead ball?

It's just a dot ball as far as I am aware, because you can only be runout on a no-ball, and if you aren't attempting a run you can't be given out, which would be super easy in a game situation

Excellent game. Played it a lot during last week. Enjoyed the ball physics and AI. The is good range of shots in batting - still getting a hang of the controls though. Good deal of importance is given to timing the ball correctly - to ensure placement and power. Close runs, run outs, overthrows and whatnot... Brings a lot of depth to the gameplay. Add to it the great deal of customisation available. Looks like there will be at-least a few more weeks of this game in store for me :)

Would be great if you or the others in this thread can share your presets - variations, fielder accuracy etc.. ( Observed that game-speed will also depend on config of the computer we use)

Great work Rufus & and all the best on your flash endeavour.

Feel that it is too early to be criticising any aspect of the game. Will share constructive criticism (if any) soon.

Last edited:
Found a bug. Negative runs instead of wickets
Ylpo0z2.png

hi where can i download this from? antcricket.com just gives me an error.

if you're looking for sounds, what I did in my game was go to youtube.com and watch cricket highlights. You can get plugins for your browser that record sound of youtube. then use a program like audacity to chop them up

cheers

Is it just me or the game plays too damn fast. I can't even connect bat to ball.

Is it just me or the game plays too damn fast. I can't even connect bat to ball.

There is an option to lower the speed. It should be down on the bottom left of your screen with game speed option. Ideally a good computer should have a game speed of round of 80.

----------

Does any one have a latest roster for this?

I brought that meter down to 20% and still it was too fast. Also the resolution was too tiny. I had a hard time reading the labels on buttons.

I brought that meter down to 20% and still it was too fast. Also the resolution was too tiny. I had a hard time reading the labels on buttons.

I have not faced any issues as such. Do one thing run a heavy background app and see if it does slows down the game. IF it does your clock speed is too high and hence game runs fast. Not saying this solution will work but you can try :)

Also do you have real players name?

My game is corrupted. I simmed the second and final test between England and Sri Lanka, England won by an innings but it hasn't come up as completed in the current series box and so I pressed next match assuming it would write over the old game but it didnt and now when I press scorecard it says runtime error 340 control array element 6 doesn't exist and crashes

My game is corrupted. I simmed the second and final test between England and Sri Lanka, England won by an innings but it hasn't come up as completed in the current series box and so I pressed next match assuming it would write over the old game but it didnt and now when I press scorecard it says runtime error 340 control array element 6 doesn't exist and crashes

Hey mate. Can you zip up and email me your test.txt and .mdb file and send them to me at [email protected]

I will try and get you up and running again.

Cheers,

Rufus

Terrific game! Got it working at work ;-) but not at home :-(

Keeps showing an error when a wicket is taken

Run-time error '3144':
Syntax error in UPDATE statement

There was also a .dll error at the end of the installation.

msjro.dll cannot be registered because the regsrv32 failed with exit code 0x5.

Pressing ignore finishes the installation though

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread