Free cricket game - Rufus' Ant Cricket

Hey mate,

I will have a look at it but I have no experience with that kind of thing.

I am about 90% of the way through building the online version of the game which should be cross platform compatible.

Cheers.

That sounds awesome man. Cant wait to try the online version which should solve my purpose on getting back to this game.

The game froze and crashed during in-game simulation of an innings, and I am unable to see the second innings of the match and when I attempt to sim it I get a runtime error 11 divide by 0 error.

The game froze and crashed during in-game simulation of an innings, and I am unable to see the second innings of the match and when I attempt to sim it I get a runtime error 11 divide by 0 error.

Hi mate.

I have now uploaded v1.27 which fixes the stumping off no-ball issue and also fixes an issue which caused your crash...it was struggling to fill the 50 overs because it looks for bowlers with a rating of more than 1 and the teams you were using had some low ranked bowlers. Should be ok going forward even with low rankings.

I have also uploaded your repaired files (although I had to back out the current series that you were in).

http://www.ttfooty.com/download.php?filename=AntCricketv1.27.zip

http://www.ttfooty.com/download.php?filename=files.zip

Cheers,

Rufus

I've noticed a couple of things:

There seem to be too many really short balls outside off.
Spinners get slaughtered in T20 regardless of skill, while seam bowlers run riot

Also, is there a way to cancel a match? I've played the wrong lineup

I've noticed a couple of things:

There seem to be too many really short balls outside off.
Spinners get slaughtered in T20 regardless of skill, while seam bowlers run riot

Also, is there a way to cancel a match? I've played the wrong lineup

I hadn't really noticed the excess of short balls before but I'll have another go and check it out. I will keep it in mind for future iterations. With the spinners it's hard to balance how tough they are to play. I think what I may have under utilised is a change of pace...the better spinners should perhaps have greater pace variations...including via topspin when they pitch. I think that'd make them harder to play.

And no I deliberately haven't included the ability to cancel a match. In future versions, which will be online and played against other users, there will be the ability to abandon a match.

Just installed the v27 and dancingmangoose datafiles
The ground got too big and is not fitting my screen.
where can I get the flags for all the teams in the data file?
I have also forgotten how to add leagues. any help will be good.

@Jack Ryder why are you including bugged data files? Delete what you've done and make a fresh install. The only reason they're up there is for debugging, but seeing as that was solved long ago I'll take it down

To add a new league you open the Player Editor executable and click the new league button

Hi mate. You need to download and install the main installation files before extracting the v1.28 update. The main install files can be found at the top of this page:-

www.ttfooty.com/ACdownload.html

So, you download those main installation files and run the installer, then you can copy the v1.28 exe into your root folder and you should be right.

Just encountered a bug, it was a shortish ball down the leg side, went for the pull, got it pretty well and it beat short fine leg and went for four. The fielding team appealed, and the umpire gave it 4 off the bat but then also gave the batsman out lbw.

Users who are viewing this thread