French Open

Who will win the Men's single title at Roland Garros?

• Roger Federer

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Andy Roddick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marat Safin

• Rafael Nadal

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Gaston Gaudio

• Andre Agassi

• Tim Henman

• Guillermo Coria

• Guillermo Canas

• Lower/Un-seeded Player

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Well the annual French Open commenced yesterday from Paris, France. Who do you think will take home the Men's Singles title. Perhaps we could have a vBookies here (I'm sure you can find odds on the internet). I believe Roger Federer will be winning the Men's singles (he's unstoppable at the moment) and the Women's title is wide open. Let's see.

nadal i reckon. hopefully his injury isnt to bad but i think his young legs will get him over the line.

I'm hoping it'll be either Federer or Nalbandian(I can't believe you haven't included him in the poll :mad )

Yes vbookie sounds a great idea sohum. Perhaps we can have it for Quaterfinals and onwards..And for Men's single title I would love to see Andre Agassi winning.

Well @gold369, I just took the top 9 seeds for the tournament, and an option for un/lower-seeded players. You can select that option. Argentinians rule on clay, so there is a chance for anyone from Coria to Canas to Gaudio to Nalbandian taking that title (all Argentinians, right?). On form, though, Federer and Nadal are definitely the strongest contenders. Clay is Nadal's favorite surface and he is already the number 2 player this year. :D

As for your wish, Rangeela, unfortunately Agassi out in 5 sets against the Finnish player Nieminen (or something along those lines). I think he was injured, though.

I Go with Coria and Federer
WHY Coria? As he was great in last years french open
WHY Federer? Hes rulling the world right now..

I think Federer and Nadal are in the same half of the draw (not sure about this, just on the basis that they are seed 1 and 4). This would mean a potential semi-final encounter for both of them that could potentially decide the champion. Marat Safin has beaten Federer recently, though. Of the top 4 seeds, I think Roddick has the least chance. He looked troubled in the beginning of the match against Tsonga.

YOU'RE ALL WRONG; SO, SO WRONG!!!

Tiger Tim will upset the odds to win his first major tournament........

not :rolleyes: ;) .

As for Agassi, I believe he's got sciatica and has had cortisone injections into the disc to help ease the pain (and boy, do I know how that feels :eek: ), hence his first round defeat.

Yes, he had some recurring back problem (that's all I know). But it's sad, since this may be his last showing at Roland Garros. And Tim Henman--he's finding it tough to get past Luis Horna--an established clay player, no doubt.

I was really disappointed that Peng, the Chinese teenager, was not able to defeat Lindsey Davenport. She (Peng) was two points away from victory, but ended up losing the second set on the tie-break and the third-set 6-0. It was quite sad. I don't really like Davenport. :D

Yes, Tiger Tim has crashed out. Well, he was comprehensively defeated. :p

none of those seeded players will win it will be smone new,btw what happened to my king of klay guga

He played in another generation. What makes you say a seeded player won't get it? Nadal has now won 19 matches in a row (all on clay, I believe) and has been the hottest player this season. He's number 2 in the world, for this year. Federer has some problems on clay, but he is such a great player that he is beating most of his oppositions to a few games.

Users who are viewing this thread