Fresh News :- Muttiah Muralitharan to coach Australia to tackle AJMAL

lion100lion

International Coach
Fresh News :-

Muthiah Muralitharan - the world's leading Test wicket taker - is already working with Australia's top spinner Nathan Lyon as part of Australia's National Cricket Centre Spin Programme, and has agreed to become more involved. He will now accompany the team to UAE for series against Pakistan.

?Muthiah Muralitharan is a true great of the game and his involvement with the Australian team will bring enormous benefits. He really understands the conditions we?ll face and will be able to impart a great amount of knowledge,? national coach Lehmann said.

?Not only will he help guide our spinners during that tour, but he will also work with our batsman to help them prepare to play Pakistan?s dangerous spin bowlers.?

But...............................................................................................
What does Murali's appointment mean for Shane Warne's Aussie 'coaching' future?

Last edited:

ethybubs

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I don't think Shane Warne has the requirements to be a great coach (nothing but plastic between the ears) and I worry that there could be a little bit of over-excitement in selecting Murilitharan, but I am look forward to seeing what he can do.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Coaching Aussie spinners makes sense. Murali is brilliant

But preparing batsmen to counter Pakistan's spinners is a bit much lol.

lion100lion

International Coach
ut preparing batsmen to counter Pakistan's spinners is a bit much lol.
Why ?
They couldn't face the spin attack in the recent ICC World T 20
Australians lost 4 back to back test matches in India and mos of the wickets were taken by Ashwin.

I think the Australians have taken a good step as they will tested for the first time in spin friendly conditions, since their Ashes win.
India needs to learn from them and similarly appoint a legendary fast bowler as coaching staff.

----------

I don't think Shane Warne has the requirements to be a great coach (nothing but plastic between the ears)
What do you require to be a great coach ? I suppose experience and unique talent.
Truthfully, there has been no great leg spinner after Shane Warne in the whole world.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
he's a chucker when he's getting you out and going past your own star spinner in terms of wickets, he's an all time great when he's agreed to take a coaching position.

people being harsh on Warne though, he clearly has more than cloth between the ears, his exploits coaching with rajasthan prove that. it's whether he's a good example for a team that's had some problems with work-rate that's the real issue.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
They must be paying Murali a heck of a lot of money to make him want to spend that much time around Australian fans and former players (i.e. in the public eye), after what he's been through over there.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
he's a chucker when he's getting you out and going past your own star spinner in terms of wickets, he's an all time great when he's agreed to take a coaching position.

people being harsh on Warne though, he clearly has more than cloth between the ears, his exploits coaching with rajasthan prove that. it's whether he's a good example for a team that's had some problems with work-rate that's the real issue.

I agree. I saw some reaction on twitter from Australian fans and they still call Murli a chuker. One was "as long as he does not teach our bowlers how to chuck, I am ok with it". The ex players suddenly start calling him a legend. So it is a pretty weird decision by Murli to coach them.

Also agree on the point you made about Warne. Warne was a brilliant captain and also has fantastic cricket knowledge. He made an average looking Rajasthan side a winner in the first season of the IPL. Also his behaviour might not be the best thing about him but his cricketing knowledge alone is good enough to make him a more than decent coach.

Arslan230

Banned
It is good news to make him coach of Australia. Now then can do competition with another teams easily.

Parmesh killer

Club Captain
It now seems to me that Australians are now taking spin much more seriously. Good news for world cricket. I hope that Indians also learn a lesson from them and appoint legends as their coaches and not stupid 1st class or second class former cricketers.

abfo

School Cricketer
He's helping them how to play spin.. not how to bowl spin.

Batsmen will see how to use their feet, coming down at the bowler, not getting beaten by the flight, placing etc.. whether the ball is coming through a chucking arm or a straight arm will not matter to them.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
lol racist fans in the country and all those in the media who hounded Murali in Australia must be having a field day with this

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Big benefit will be the batsmen being able to train against the doosra. The spinners will get some benefit but I can't see them getting as much as the batsmen.

Users who are viewing this thread