FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

Ruben Mol is not in the best form. Got out for 2 but now Khan is firing.

2.5 6 A. Miheso to Khan : An old-fashioned slog back over mid-on's head for six.

4.6 6 A. Miheso to Khan : [Boundary Hitter] That's a good example of how to take a catch, but unfortunately for the bowling team, a member of the crowd was the one taking it - SIX into the crowd.

5.5 6 A. Miheso to Khan : A. Miheso has pitched this one up to Khan who confidently drives this over mid-on. In fact Khan has really got onto this, into the stands it goes, what a six!

8.4 6 Coulstock to Khan : It's high, it's handsome, it has hit someone in the crowd. Ouch!

Khan 48* off 29, Salah 18* off 27.

hedger_14 added 2 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

And there's his fifty.

That is 50 runs for Khan (55 runs, 35b 1x4 5x6) SR:157.14
11.1 6 Buijs to Khan : That was one of the best catches you will ever see. He didn't even spill a drop of his beer, six runs!

hedger_14 added 11 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

2 quick wickets fall but Khan keeps going.

End of over 15 (16 runs) - Hedger's Team(102-3) RR 6.80
M. Khan 74 (45b) , P. Mijnke 2 (4b) , N. Coulstock 4-0-34-1

14.6 4 Coulstock to Khan : A full toss on leg stump is easily dismissed by Khan to the mid wicket boundary. No need to run for that.
14.5 4 Coulstock to Khan : Somehow, Khan has managed to find a gap in the field and caresses the ball into the boundary rope. Even Coulstock applauds the shot.
14.4 . Coulstock to Khan : Dot ball. Good for Coulstock's economy but he needs to make Khan play some shots.
14.3 4 Coulstock to Khan : [Boundary Hitter] Coulstock gets that one short and outside off. Khan slashes at it attempting to cut it wide of point, but grabs a thick top edge which flies through the vacant slip region for four. Coulstock glares long and hard at Khan and some words were exchanged between the two. We couldn't quit make out quite what from the stump mic.
14.2 4 Coulstock to Khan : That's too short from Coulstock, and it's easily tickled down the legside by Khan. I think Coulstock will be calling for a new fine leg. Nothing wrong with his legs already if you ask me!
14.1 . Coulstock to Khan : A peach of a delivery. Beautiful seam position. The ball hits the deck and jags away, squaring the batsman up. Coulstock looks to the heavens.

Iridium XI 219 for 7 (Powell 68, Cleary 38, Delaney 3-35) beat Indian Cricket Club 218 (Loton 62, Buttsworth 2-33, Smith 2-33) by 1 run [Youth OD]
Scorecard

Didn't start off well losing Bergin in the second over. But Powell and Allen steadied things with a 68-run partnership. With the exception of Powell, none of the batsmen really went on to make a decent score, with a few making it into the 30s before being dismissed. Powell continued his brilliant form from last season, top scoring with 68.

Our defence didn't start well either, with ICC rolling off a quick 50-run opening stand before 5 wickets in relatively quick time reduced them to 103/5, Smith and Trethewey doing the damage. A few more strikes later and it was 195/8 with 25 needed from 4 overs. A 16-run over from Pfaff which included a wicket, eventually brought it down to 216/9 with 4 from 2 overs required. Two runs came from the first ball of the 39th over before Pfaff redeemed himself by bowling Loton the next ball clinching a 1 run win.

ICC's match rating was 6k higher than mine so good to win that one. But because my margin of victory was so small, my NRR is tiny, meaning I currently sit fourth after the first round of matches.

btw everyone, I'm running for Netherlands U19 manager so any votes when it comes around will be greatly appreciated :)

hedger_14 added 16 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

100 for Khan :D

Less than 200 runs needed for him to get 1000 career youth runs.

hedger_14 added 9 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

lol at the commentary.

27.4 1 Buijs to Khan : Khan turns down the appeal from Moxly for an easy second run. The licensed section of the crowd start a chant, "He's big, He's round, He weighs 300 pound. Khan, Khan". Might be a hint of truth to that.

183/4 after 28 overs. Khan 113* off 84 and Moxly is 24* off 24.

I won my match by 181 runs :) A rather low match rating for me though. Lindeman hasn't made any decent contributions for a while. Last season he kept on getting not outs, but the last few games he's been getting dismissed :(

I had Dekkers in my lineup but he obviously isn't in my team any more so a bowler opened for me. Scored 67 though lol

thanks for that :)

Yousif just got out for 17 off 15 on Youth debut. Moxly is still in there though on 30*. The score is 202/6 after 32 overs. Should be looking for anywhere between 240 and 270 depending on whether Moxly goes all out. I have an ordinary, poor and 2 dreadful bats to support him.

hedger_14 added 1 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

And oh look, 14 runs off the last over, Moxly scoring 13 of them to move onto 43* while de Groot is off the mark first ball with a single... to retain the strike, the idiot. He is in there as a #8 batsman to stay in there, not steal the strike.

oh look, i finally got accepted. I signed up like 3 weeks ago but must have not got accepted until a couple of days ago at latest cause i still wasn't allowed to log in on sunday.

hedger_14 added 5 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Moxly out for 74 off 51 on debut for his new team.

266/7 with still 3 overs to play, de Groot 14* off 13 so maybe he can add another 10-15 runs to get us up to about 275-290.

well you won't have to wait long to find out, he's taking the new ball.

Bol went swinging in the final 2 overs to finish 18* off 7 balls with 3 boundaries while de Groot finished with a handy 24* at exactly a run a ball as we scored 294/7. This should be a comfortable win unless our bowlers get smacked.

oh look, i finally got accepted. I signed up like 3 weeks ago but must have not got accepted until a couple of days ago at latest cause i still wasn't allowed to log in on sunday.

lol took me a day to get accepted :p

Moxly takes a catch although not bowling that great. 0/22 off 3 overs. Yousif is 1/18 off 4 on debut. 40/1 after 7 overs.

yeah, i think i'll bowl him 5 and 9 next time or 8 and 10.

65/2 now off 11 overs, so on track for a nice win here. RRR nearly 8 an over now.

Bol takes his first wicket on debut and we now have them at 122/3 half way through the innings. You just hate to be a bowler in my youth team. We always play on flat tracks :p

Users who are viewing this thread