FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

hahaha wow

You should win because the other guy's match rating is around 105k. The guys you have in your division seem pretty strong for the 5th division... One of them has a 128k rating

Chewie added 1 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

oh wow one of the other guys has a 145k rating...

Chewie added 1 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

In my division I've got a 134k, a 127k, a 137k and another 127k but I reckon with my new players my rating will be near 150k

Let's hope so. My record against teams with lower match ratings isn't good. I always find a way to blow it.

Managed to bat out my 50 overs and scored 258/9.

I scored 455/3 from my 50 overs :D

Allan anchored the innings with 185 off 134, one higher than his previous best, and was well supported by Emery at first, and then O'Keeffe. At the end Gillies came out and smashed the ball around for 68 off 31. A good sign of aggression in my first game in division 4. Hopefully my bowlers can run through his batting attack which I don't think is very strong

Chewie added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

His whole team is pretty pathetic. Looking to bowl him out for under 50

And he isn't even a bot. Mind you he hasn't played for very long and doesn't seem to have logged in in a while.

Hmm, Corneal's five boundaries thus far have come from this Boundary Hitter talent. That doesn't happen very often. He might be set on defensive to trigger it more often.

lol I won by 340 runs. New highest match rating of 141600, and that's without one of my new purchases playing.

Chewie added 12 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Your match looks like it's going to go down to the wire Iridium!

3 wickets is all I need. Didn't help that I just had a dropped catch.

Iridium added 17 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Another drop!! :facepalm

Iridium added 5 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Phoenix Fire Birds won by 1 wicket

Match rating was 8k higher and still lost. This is fast becoming a tiresome trend. :(

Last edited:
154 all out, lol. The skipper put in a handy 26 at the end with Whiteman also scoring a nice 13. I have them at 79/4 at the moment, Whiteman with 2/33 and Watkin with 1 wicket, the other a run out. Should go down to the wire. Phillips hasn't got a wicket yet.

hedger_14 added 13 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

Whiteman is really performing today. 2 wickets in his first 2 balls after drinks. 4/34 off 9 overs so far on One Day debut. Had a fine career though in the Youth having been the highest wicket taker in Youth for Hedger's Team.

62 Youth wickets @ 21.1 in 42 matches, ER of 4.81, Best of 5-29, 535 runs @ 38.21

4 T20 wickets @ 7.75 in 2 matches, ER of 3.83, Best of 2-12, no innings with the bat.

25.2 W Whiteman to Azary : Azary has come down the track and tried to hoist that over long on's head, but instead it has gone straight up! Baldry has called for it and takes the catch with ease.
C. Azary c K. Baldry b. A. Whiteman 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00
25.1 W Whiteman to Chandna : Bowled him. Great delivery from Whiteman. Pitched it up and it turned through the gate of Chandna.
A. Chandna b. A. Whiteman 7 (11b 0x4 0x6) SR:63.64

hedger_14 added 14 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Whiteman finishes with 4/39 from his 10 overs.

Watkin bowled a wicket maiden with his last over and is about to bowl again. They are 106/7 from 32 overs. Should win from here. They still need another 49 runs for victory.

Watkin finishes with 5 wickets to take a 29 run win. Watkin took 5/26, with his 5th wicket on the last ball of his spell while Whiteman contributed heavily on debut taking 4/39 with the only other wicket a run out. But ████, look at the ratings. I probably should have played 2 spinners on the Crumbling pitch but one worked just fine with my fast bowler ripping through them.

Gooric CC Hedger's Team
Batting - Top Order: 9,823 7,080
Batting - Middle Order: 8,077 4,792
Batting - Tail: 3,335 3,172
Bowling - Seam: 8,884 (4) 7,193 (8)
Bowling - Spin: 11,182 (6) 7,337 (2)
Fielding/Keeping: 7,581 6,060
Overall: 155,665 111,294

yeah, all it takes is one or two players to perform and one was one of my best bowlers (the best but Phillips has always performed the best on the team) and the other was a spinner who played well on a crumbling pitch.

The batting wasn't great as we struggled through to 150 but we managed to defend it.

Only 3 players in my team have played more than 5 SOD games (for Hedger's Team)

O'Leary has played 62, Oldroyd has played 64 and Phillips has played 57. And only 2 other players (Mol and Kentwell) have played more than 10 T20's for the club.

111/3 off 26.3 on a sticky wicket at home....

Playing the team that got promoted with me last season if I get 200 I should be able to close to defending it.

If possible 250 and I think we'll have a great chance

Users who are viewing this thread