FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

Anybody up for a OD friendly? Really want to test out my new players.

Someone challenged me to a friendly today, and I accepted but there were less than thirty minutes until the game was to start. This meant I couldn't set a lineup, and since I had sold a few first XI players, they just chucked random players in. And they set random bowlers as well so I have a few batsmen bowling >.<

I've sent a challenge to you and Chewie both but Chewie accepted first. So your challenge is deleted ;)

You're going to win because I won't have a full strength team by then yet probably. Still looking for a new fast bowler. And possibly a second new fast bowler and a batsman. But at the moment I'll have to play two or three spinners each match

You still have some time and bank balance to do that. Here you are bidding on players like 300K pricey and I'm in debt :facepalm. Couldn't wait for season to start so that i can finally pay my player wages and they wont have to eat the leftovers :p

That's why you should sell some players :p Or invest less in the academy.

One Bad Season Won't End Phillips Career

English 32 year old bowler, Graham Phillips says his career isn't over just yet even after only taking 18 wickets @ 27.11 last season, which isn't still that bad but is his worst at the club.

Phillips joined the club back 5 seasons ago in Season 8 for a sum of $95,720, with exactly 200 career OD wickets at that point in time. He quickly made a huge impact playing in the 9 OD games to finish that season, taking 22 wickets @ 9.41 with an Economy of 2.89. He has only played 2 T20 matches for the club in his career but he has dominated on the big stage, the clubs leading wicket taker by a mile, with 154 wickets @ 16.75 over 71 matches.

When questioned about retirement, he said he was still loving the game and liked working with the young kids at the team. He has enjoyed every moment of cricket at the club and says he still thinks there is another 2 seasons at least in him. "I would love to bring up my 200 wickets for the club and 400 career wickets. I think I can bring that up within 2 seasons but if I don't, I won't be disappointed. I'll retire when I feel like I can't play at the top level but at the moment, that's not an issue." He is one of Hedger's Team's legends of the game and will always be being only one of 3 players to bring up 100 club wickets and the only current player with more than 30 wickets.

I'm selling a couple of old players, but once season starts i shouldn't have this debt problem :p And a decent youth pull would be good for a change :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread