FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

He was on aggressive and batting at three to be honest though. Didn't really expect much for him, just giving him experience.

Lost my youth match by 55 runs. New youth team didn't perform as well as I'd hoped and as a result, we are sitting in stone dead last.

Yea yea, rub it in.....

My match rating took a hit. My highest was 81,694 but in this match I only managed 74,833, a drop of almost 7k. My opponent was at about 88k so doubt I would have won regardless of whether I had my old team.

Well a huge youth match to start the season, probably the biggest of the season with the 2 title contenders going at it. We had a horrible bowling effort as they scored 285/4 from their 40 overs with Healy taking 2/59 and Bol 2/53 but Salah and Young have turned the game in our favour.

End of over 27 (8 runs) - Hedger's Team(192-1). 94 runs required from 13 overs. RR 7.11 RRR 7.23
M. Young 67 (63b) , Y. Salah 99 (81b) , B. Buijs 6-0-55-0

Will Salah get his century?

----------

That is 100 runs for Salah (102 runs, 83b, 3x4, 4x6) SR:122.89
27.2 3 Stuart to Salah : [misfield] Pushed into the covers, where it runs through, rather than past the fielder. Pathetic effort from Bitwott.

What a stunning innings from Salah in the first match of the season. Could be a match winner. Highlights from the innings.

6.5 4 Soepenberg to Salah : Edged through the slips for a boundary. The ball flew off the outside edge at catching height, but Stuart looked frozen in time as the ball flew past him.

12.1 6 Prouten to Salah : That's a good short ball by Prouten. Salah swings his bat wildly with his head up in the air, he strikes it well and ...over it goes for six runs! The poor bowler can't believe it!

12.5 4 Prouten to Salah : Gentle away swinger, Salah gets an early stride in and drives on the up through the covers for four.

13.3 nb6 Buijs to Salah : Six more please! Shin-high full bunger from Buijs and it got exactly what it deserved - smashed over square leg for a maximum.

19.6 4 Prouten to Salah : Dug in short, and hooked away by Salah for a boundary - over the keeper's head! Prouten isn't very happy

20.6 6 Stuart to Salah : The 12th man has his game of cards with the groundsman interrupted with the opportunity to catch the ball. Unfortunately for his team, it was a 6..... and he dropped it.

22.1 6 Stuart to Salah : Shin high full toss gets what it deserves, as Salah lifts that over midwicket for six.

----------

Well Young getting in on the action again.

28.5 6 Buijs to Young : Get your sauce out ladies and gents, Buijs is bowling pies down the pitch.

Other boundaries:

24.4 4 Buijs to Young : Young gets a gift of a delivery from Buijs and he promptly smashes it to the pickets.

23.1 4 Prouten to Young : Edged, and four! Drew Young forward with a hint of away movement, but there was no slip, and it may not have carried anyway. All the way for four.

11.4 6 Buijs to Young : Wow! Young picked the line early and just slogged that back past Buijs.

9.3 6 Buijs to Young : Length ball from Buijs, on off stump, but Young is able to get underneath it and send it away towards the mid-wicket boundary, staying on one knee for the cameras. Great cricketing shot, showing that you don't need to slog the ball to get the maximum.

----------

This match is too close for comfort.

End of over 29 (16 runs) - Hedger's Team(213-1). 73 runs required from 11 overs. RR 7.34 RRR 6.64
M. Young 79 (69b) , Y. Salah 107 (88b) , B. Buijs 7-0-71-0

----------

Well you want to tweaking throw the game away.

End of over 32 (1 run) - Hedger's Team(222-1). 64 runs required from 8 overs. RR 6.94 RRR 8.00
M. Young 81 (76b) , Y. Salah 114 (99b) , M. Stuart 8-0-49-0

9 runs off the last 3 overs has taken the RRR from 6.6 to 8 per over.

----------

Releases some of the tension.

32.2 4 Miheso to Young : [misfield] I've seen steamrollers with better acceleration than Soepenberg there, 4 more runs.

----------

A better over there with 5 singles to go with the boundary.

End of over 33 (9 runs) - Hedger's Team(231-1). 55 runs required from 7 overs. RR 7.00 RRR 7.86
M. Young 87 (79b) , Y. Salah 117 (102b) , A. Miheso 5-1-25-0

----------

That is the 200 partnership (200 runs, 164b, 8x4, 7x6) SR:121.95

----------

That over now puts me probably in the box seat.

End of over 35 (11 runs) - Hedger's Team(248-1). 38 runs required from 5 overs. RR 7.09 RRR 7.60
Y. Salah 128 (109b) , M. Young 93 (84b) , A. Miheso 6-1-36-0

And the next ball:

35.1 3 Soepenberg to Young : A lovely on-drive pierces the infield and the batsmen cross for 3.

Young moves onto 96*. Only one youth century before this match while Salah is only in his second youth game after making 23 on debut.

----------

Salah gone but at least he added 4 more runs before he went.

35.3 W Soepenberg to Salah : [catch] Salah was drawn into a poor shot by an excellent piece of bowling by Soepenberg. A simple catch for Maddocks and Salah's innings comes to an end.
Y. Salah c H. Maddocks b. A. Soepenberg 132 (111b 5x4 4x6) SR:118.92

35.2 4 Soepenberg to Salah : [misfield] Sliding onto leg stump and worked away behind square where Davids makes a hash of it at fine leg and concedes a boundary.

Omara in and maybe he'll take us over the line with a quick cameo.

And haha, my commentary is flooding the page :p

----------

There we go. An absolutely brilliant innings from the captain.

That is 100 runs for Young (101 runs, 88b, 5x4, 3x6) SR:114.77
36.3 2 Miheso to Young : Lucky! That one flies off the outside edge and they'll pick up runs as third man comes around to field.

----------

18 runs needed from 3 overs. What a great win this will be.

----------

And Young finishes things off with a bang.

38.3 1 Miheso to Young : Slower ball from Miheso. Young misjudges it and spoons the drive up in the air, but it falls just short of Stuart at long off.
38.2 4 Miheso to Young : That's come right off the meat of the bat and was so powerful that it went straight through the legs of Prouten at cover. That's 4 more to the total.
38.1 4 Miheso to Young : [misfield] Short ball from Miheso, Young rocks back and hooks it high off the top edge right over the keeper's head. Prouten chases it back to the rope, but it bounced just away from him and he knocks it over the rope for four! Funny stuff. Laughs all round except for Miheso who just shakes his head in disbelief.

Hedger's Team won by 8 wickets

End of over 39 (9 runs) - Hedger's Team(286-2) RR 7.33
V. Omara 12 (7b) , M. Young 115 (96b) , A. Miheso 7.3-1-53-0

Salah just snuck in to steal the MOTM award over Young by 4 points.

A stunning game though which looked like it could end either way but Salah and Young kept their cool to get their team home.

Match Ratings
Hedger's Team Gulitrons
Batting - Top Order: 5,517 4,974
Batting - Middle Order: 4,212 4,221
Batting - Tail: 2,806 2,732
Bowling - Seam: 5,293 (8) 5,417 (8)
Bowling - Spin: 5,353 (2) 5,285 (2)
Fielding/Keeping: 4,776 4,644
Overall: 88,189 85,857

That top order proved the difference as I only really needed Salah and Young in that innings.

----------

lol, look at this other match in my league.

End of over 39 (14 runs) - Mighty Mice(284-6). 22 runs required from 1 overs. RR 7.28 RRR 22.00
S. Cornelius 30 (16b) , S. Sanford 25 (12b) , S. Wilson 8-0-73-0

And then this:

39.3 nb4 Gordon to Sanford : Superb timing, pitches outside off and moves away a little, he waits for it, transfers his weight onto the back foot and punches it wide of cover. That just raced away.
That is the 50 partnership (52 runs, 23b, 6x4, 0x6) SR:226.09
39.2 4 Gordon to Sanford : Streaky! Gordon pitches it up, Sanford waits for movement but there isn't any and the ball takes the thick outside edge and screams away down to third man.
39.1 4 Gordon to Sanford : Short, wide and hammered away behind point by Sanford. Terrible delivery and it got what it deserved.

----------

Well it all comes down to the last ball. Run out off the fifth ball leaving 6 runs to win off the final ball with a new batsman on strike and its their #9 batsman.

Actually, there was 2 balls remaining and Cornelius, the guy that was in there hit 3 runs and then the new batsman hit 2 runs off the final ball to force a tie.

Match tied

M. Gordon is tired.

End of over 40 (21 runs) - Mighty Mice(305-7). 1 runs required from 0 overs. RR 7.62 RRR 0.00
K. Roy 2 (1b) , S. Cornelius 33 (17b) , M. Gordon 8-0-62-4

----------

80 runs came off their last 6 overs which got them to that result. But two unbelievable youth matches to start the season.

My youth team won their first league match of the season. In all 710 runs were hit.

Bowling did a great work on flat pitch, restricted Delhi's Blasters to only 161.
Hansberry picked up 3 wickets while Sorabhjee picked 2.

End of over 11 (11 runs) - Indian Warriors(78-1). 84 runs required from 29 overs. RR 7.09 RRR 2.90
L. Hansberry 0 (0b) , P. Wilson 44 (37b) , A. Satyen 2-0-16-1
Going really solid ATM, but a wicket fell of the last bowl.

----------

11.4 W Kenchammana to Wilson : [Slower Ball] Finally the slower one does the trick. Kenchammana bowled a fuller delivery outside off, Wilson makes room to clear mid-off but manages to find Michandani situated at the edge of the circle.
P. Wilson c E. Michandani b. K. Kenchammana 48 (41b 3x4 1x6) SR:117.07

████, another one goes, should've completed his half century atleast.

Since I have no chance in my upcoming FTP match I'm going to set my team to bowl first on a dry pitch, open the bowling with my 2 spinners (Whiteman and Bol) on aggressive with Phillips and Bollinger as my other 2 bowlers and play my youth batsman + O'Leary + Oldroyd.

Team:

1. Michael Young*
2. Pim Mjinke
3. Aidan O'Leary
4. Victor Omara
5. Ruben Mol
6. Murray Oldroyd+
7. Aladdin Yousif (6+10)
8. Andrew Whiteman (1+7)
9. Mo Bol (2+8)
10. Graham Phillips (3+5)
11. Frank Bollinger (4+9)

Sometimes the senior teams play their youth side to get experience so you could have a chance...

Maybe, I'm going to actually increase my chances by playing on a crumbling pitch. I think I'll open with Phillips instead of Bol so I'll just have the one spinner opening the bowling.

----------

Yeah a few minor changes to my bowling attack. Dropped Bollinger and brought back in Watkin due to playing on the crumbling pitch.

Bowling Attack:

Andrew Whiteman (Expert/Accomplished LFS Bowler) - 1 & 6
Graham Phillips (Expert/Accomplished RFM Bowler, Outstanding Exp, Accomp End, Capable Power) - 2 & 5
Mo Bol (Reliable/Average RFS 18 yo Bowler) - 3 & 9 (Don't underestimate the kid though)
Norval Watkin (Outstanding/Spectacular RF Bowler) - 4 & 8
Andrew Moxly (Reliable/Capable RM Bowler, OBB) 7 & 10

Crumbling is supposed to be the best for doing an Iridium.

Also, if you think you're going to lose, you won't be out in the field for as long so you won't be as fatigued

One of my batsman got dismissed hit wicket today :(

Cock! I just did an Iridium. Went in with a second XI and paid the price for underestimating my opponent. Funny thing is I lost to him in my first game against him last season.

I'll still come first in this league so I'm not too worried.

Users who are viewing this thread