FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

Lost my match and I played my strongest team :(

End of over 27 (4 runs) - Hyderabad Chargers(138-5) RR 5.11
J. Richardson 2 (1b) , H. Smith 33 (25b) , I. Hafeez 4-0-35-1

Match against a bot team, humid and green pitch.
Would look to settle them below 220 and then chase it down.

I'm currently expanding my ground to 10k :) Cost 60k but I reckon it's worth the extra 2.5k maintenance per week. I filled out my first OD game of the season so I reckon that all OD matches this season will get a huge attendance, and therefore I can get more money. Probably won't go over 7k for T20 though. Probably should have done this before my Pavilion Cup match, I'd have made back all the money I spent in the extra income from that match :p

My Pavilion Cup opponent doesn't seem to be playing a full strength side, so I have a chance of winning

Lost the toss and had to bowl on a flat pitch. Doing well though, fighter squad currently 85/3 after 20 overs.

You should waste them, your ranking is like 3 times higher than theirs :p

I'm 117/2 after 27 which I am very pleased about, especially since it's a crumbling pitch.

I like crumbling pitches 'cause I can unleash my spinners on it but I've realized that the majority of times where I've cocked up has been on a crumbling pitch. So it's love/hate thing.

Bowled out fighter squad for 184 with Elloit taking 3/45 and Kapugedera 2/26 from his 10.

My pace bowlers are better than my spinners, but I use a crumbling pitch when the opponent is better than me.

Aah, ████. Lost the toss and been sent into bat.

Oh well, like they all say, get the runs on the board and anything can happen. I think we need to focus on getting 130 to start off with and then go from there. Hopefully the skipper for this match, Michael Young can do a good job opening the batting after his century earlier in the week.

----------

Promising start :p

End of over 3 (6 runs) - Hedger's Team(12-0) RR 4.00
M. Young 7 (12b) , P. Mijnke 1 (6b) , C. Thomas 2-0-7-0

This guy

Chewie CC >> Nasir Ameen >> Details
Player Info
22 years old | 42,180 rating | $3,360 wage
Left hand batsman | Left arm Fast medium
Talents Skilled (Keeping)
Nationality UAE
Form reasonable
Fatigue rested
Experience poor
Captaincy average
Skills Summary
Batsman capable
Bowler capable
Keeper poor
Allrounder capable
Skills
Batting capable Endurance accomplished
Bowling reliable Technique reliable
Keeping poor Power reasonable
Fielding reasonable

scored less than this guy

Chewie CC >> Darren Cawse >> Details
Player Info
26 years old | 49,769 rating | $10,369 wage
Left hand batsman | Right arm Fast medium
Talents Sturdy, Yorker
Nationality Australia
Form reasonable
Fatigue revived
Experience accomplished
Captaincy reasonable
Skills Summary
Batsman reliable
Bowler outstanding
Keeper ordinary
Allrounder accomplished
Skills
Batting average Endurance accomplished
Bowling spectacular Technique spectacular
Keeping poor Power reliable
Fielding reasonable

for me today. I normally bat Ameen higher, but this rather surprised me considering Ameen is capable bat, whereas Cawse is average. Cawse's batting summary is higher however, and I'm quite confused as to who I should bat at 7

I'd say you'd still have to stick with Nasir Ameen at 7 but up to you.

And still going well.

End of over 5 (7 runs) - Hedger's Team(23-0) RR 4.60
M. Young 11 (18b) , P. Mijnke 7 (13b) , C. Thomas 3-0-14-0

----------

Damn, one down.

6.1 W Thomas to Young : Young prodded at a nothing ball and caught a thin edge towards the slip cordon. Warner takes what looks like a superb low catch to his right and the umpire's given it. Mijnke is livid at the other end and the replay confirms why - the ball didn't quite carry. Poor sportsmanship there from Warner.
M. Young c M. Warner b. C. Thomas 12 (22b 1x4 0x6) SR:54.55

30/1.

----------

Aah, that's the spirit :)

8.6 4 Thomas to Mijnke : Mijnke crashes the ball away behind point, it runs all the way along the ground to the boundary.
8.5 6 Thomas to Mijnke : More like baseball than cricket as Mijnke thumps a wayward delivery into the crowd.

End of over 9 (10 runs) - Hedger's Team(45-1) RR 5.00
P. Mijnke 22 (27b) , A. O'Leary 1 (7b) , C. Thomas 5-0-25-1

Ameen is getting taken apart a bit now. He's the weak link in my bowling attack. 15 runs off his last over

----------

And then he gets rid of the dangerman in the next over! I've got this match in the bag now I think :)

Aah, ████.

10.3 W Rodwell to O'Leary : O'Leary appears to have mixed his hobby and day-job together fishing at that one outside off and giving Thomas a nice easy catch at point.
A. O'Leary c C. Thomas b. M. Rodwell 6 (13b 0x4 0x6) SR:46.15

Now my 2 youth players and then Oldroyd and then into my bowlers.

----------

Well you should win from here. 4 wickets to go and stlil 5 overs for Tindall. His cool head will get you over the line. But he's got nice figures, 1/14 off 5 overs :p

Hmmm maybe should have changed my pitched from crumbling.

End of over 5 (2 runs) - Handsum Warriors(16-1). 183 runs required from 45 overs. RR 3.20 RRR 4.07
C. Rogers 12 (20b) , D. Macgregor 0 (0b) , L. McKay 3-0-10-1

Users who are viewing this thread