FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

I just did an Iridium in my youth game :facepalm

:lol That's a rarity.

Won my match pretty easily by 8 wickets. Bowlers were all on song, bowling them out for 167. Powell and Thompson had a 141 run opening stand which effectively ended the contest then and there.

Also just saw there's a team called blackcaps in my youth as well :p

They are ranked way higher than me but that's because of their 20year olds. I so should have won though. 9k more in ratings. It's my middle order's fault.

Oh I see what you mean. A large majority of his squad are 19 year olds. He's not going to have a fun time next season though.

He's got a whole heap of 20 year olds in his senior squad that were in his youth squad.

Oh well. I'm not looking to promote in youth or SOD

I don't think I'll win my Youth league. With my win today I managed to climb from last to 3rd, with the top two teams unbeaten. I reckon I could claim second if things go to plan.

The Avengers in my youth league did an Iridium: 69,647 vs Blackcaps 57,779 and Blackcaps won.

Seems to be a day for the black caps :spy

The only one I'm trying to win is T20 because I know that I'll lose all my youth games or SOD games if I promote. And I don't think I'll be able to promote in SOD anyway because the others teams are for the most part better than me.

I didn't get promoted in SOD or T20 so I'll be trying to win those. I'm pretty happy where I am with regards to youth. Any higher and I'd get continually thrashed.

This is the stupidest loss I've ever had. I had them at 149/9 on a green pitch with them needing 63 runs from the final 7 overs and they chased it down with 3 balls to spare, their #11 batsman scoring 28* off 25.

Our batting was pretty ████ as well, van der Hoevin the stand out with 48* off 47 while Bol hit a quickfire 36* off 22 down at 9.

Bollinger was the pick of the bowlers with 3/24 off his 8 overs. Healy was very expensive with 2/52 off his 8 overs.

But I am really annoyed at this loss. I should have won with ease.

I got an invitation to the New Zealand Club Cup but I'm guessing I can't enter it due to FTP World League running at the same time. Any chance I could skip FTP WT for this one time or would that wreck everything?

Hmm, idk. Had you not chosen to go up to Div 1, I think it would have been fine as I could have replaced you but I don't want to play in Div 1 as my team is basically made up of youths.

Basically you can only join thursday tournaments :p

It would screw up the world league though

Basically you can only join thursday tournaments :p

It would screw up the world league though

When I first saw it thought it was a Thursday only league so I thought 'sweet!' but read it more carefully and saw it was Thursday and Sunday.

Hmm, idk. Had you not chosen to go up to Div 1, I think it would have been fine as I could have replaced you but I don't want to play in Div 1 as my team is basically made up of youths.

Yea, I can see that. Nevermind, I signed up for FTP WT first so I'll give it priority. Probably would have won more matches had I accepted :p

My youth league is the only where I can get promoted.

What do people think about giving batting to tailenders? For example getting it up to ordinary or average? It wouldn't increase the wage at all, but could prove to be very valuable if you need some lower order runs. Also, because the players will already have very high technique, you wouldn't need to worry about that, and every batting pop will close the gap between batting and technique by a long way. Just improving batting a little bit would improve the summary dramatically, as shown by my bowler who has ave/spec batting, but is reliable summary.

I'm thinking about doing it for some of my bowlers once they reach spec/spec because it takes ages to get to excep, and it's not really too necessary, if I'm not looking to promote.

Users who are viewing this thread