FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

once they reach spec/spec because it takes ages to get to excep, and it's not really too necessary

It still takes the same time though, doesn't it to get from ordinary to average or whatever though? Only age affects it, doesn't it.

And yeah, normally I like to buy bowlers with probably poor batting at least. I don't like atrocious batting.

I was under the impression that training has diminishing returns the higher the skill?

No, it remains constant. Age just plays a huge factor. Just use that predictor thing, put it on 16 and set the primary training to 8 weeks and it will go up one level. Then change the primary level to spectacular or something higher or whatever and it still goes up a level.

It's 13 weeks on primary training to gain one level when 20 years old, 14 weeks when 21, 15 weeks when 22, 16 weeks when 23 etc.

----------

That's on a good senior academy as well.

End of over 42 (12 runs) - Saurashtra Lions(356-4) RR 8.48
A. Yogesh 51 (29b) , G. Gambhir 200 (141b) , K. Tanmaya 6-0-64-1
That is 200 runs for Gambhir (200 runs, 141b, 16x4, 4x6) SR:141.84

Another 200+ score by Gambhir...

End of over 49 (31 runs) - Saurashtra Lions(465-4) RR 9.49
G. Gambhir 247 (162b) , A. Yogesh 110 (53b) , S. Rishi 10-0-130-0
48.6 6 Rishi to Gambhir : That has gone very, very high up. The fielder waits underneath it at long on, but it just clears his outstretched hands.
48.5 4 Rishi to Gambhir : Gambhir gets a gift of a delivery from Rishi and he promptly smashes it to the pickets.
48.5 nb6 Rishi to Gambhir : Shin high full toss gets what it deserves, as Gambhir lifts that over midwicket for six.

48.4 . Rishi to Gambhir : [great fielding] The ball whizzes past a bewildered Gambhir and Kripa saves four runs being added to the total with a spectacular save.
48.3 3 Rishi to Yogesh : Yogesh has really gone for that and a top edge goes straight over Kripa's head for 3. Rishi doesn't look too unhappy with that shot.
48.2 6 Rishi to Yogesh : Yogesh uses brute strength to smash the ball several rows into the crowd. You don't get guns like that cherry picking.
48.2 nb1 Rishi to Gambhir : Excellent fielding there from Wimalaratne, leaping leopard-like to prevent a certain boundary. Gambhir must be wishing he'd hit the ball just a little straighter.
That is 100 runs for Yogesh (101 runs, 51b, 11x4, 1x6) SR:198.04
48.1 3 Rishi to Yogesh : An agricultural, but effective swipe towards mid-wicket nets 3 runs.

David O'Keeffe showed promise on debut in the One Day side, top scoring down at 5 with 22 off 42 balls, including a six.

11.3 4 Oldfield to O'Keeffe : A wonderful back foot punch through the covers, supreme timing on that and the ball races to the boundary.

16.1 6 Kariuki to O'Keeffe : Short and O'Keeffe takes him on, hooking him high, high over fine leg for six. Didn't look in complete control, but it really flew away off the bat!

Won my match by 167 runs. Managed 263 on a crumbling pitch before bowling Birkenhead out for 96. My two spinners had combined figures of 10.2-2-17-5 so they definitely kept the runs at bay.

End of over 31 (6 runs) - Indian Warriors(160-3). 115 runs required from 19 overs. RR 5.16 RRR 6.05
G. O'Keeffe 34 (26b) , R. Turner 2 (9b) , A. Ismail 6-0-25-0

Chasin 275.
Looks hard on a green pitch, hope my batsmen do it for me or it would be an iridium.

Did an Iridium again....

newlynnstags were the team that beat me in my youth match. That wasn't an Iridium.

Don't worry, this won't continue for long. I usually Iridium at the start of the season when my players aren't at peak form. As the season progresses you'll wipe the floor with the other teams (unless they're stronger than you)

It's also because my players are incredibly fatigued.

Yea, you're right. Not going to bother with Pavilion Cup? I'm not, I doubt I could win anyway.

Nah I'll stay in as long as I can. Since I'm not looking to promote in SOD it doesn't matter too much if I lose. Just so long as I'm not in the bottom two.

Ground upgraded to 10k just before today's SOD match. Managed to get over 8k in, so hopefully that number goes up through the season.

I took two first over wickets in my Pavilion Cup match today :D

They're currently 9/2 after 4.3 overs. 9k attendance too is nice

End of over 7 (11 runs) - Bald Eagles C.C.(60-0) RR 8.57
P. Ellis 26 (28b) , N. Mitchell 27 (17b) , D. Helfrich 4-0-32-0

Looks like gonna screwed this match, players are incredibly fatiqued.
Also lost both my T20 and SOD match this week due to this.

A miracle is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread