FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

If you think you're going to lose your Pavilion Cup match there's no use in playing your strongest side because they'll just get fatigued, and you won't change the result.

----------

I've got 22.5k in positive balance this week though! :D

I had a 10k attendance for mine :D

My bowlers were right onto it today, bowling dhaka mental hospital out for 209. van Zandt took 4-57 and van Dalen, a last minute addition, took 2-32.

I didn't play my strongest lineup (although it's very close to it). Kinda wish I did play my strongest 'cause I have a real chance of winning..... but knowing my team we'll lose 9 wickets for 6 runs or something ridiculous like that.

If you think you're going to lose your Pavilion Cup match there's no use in playing your strongest side because they'll just get fatigued, and you won't change the result.

If my players weren't fatiqued, I would have won it but meh..............

----------

End of over 10 (6 runs) - Bald Eagles C.C.(82-0) RR 8.20
N. Mitchell 40 (33b) , P. Ellis 33 (32b) , J. Coleman 5-0-34-0

Absolute rubbish.

I'm 83/1 after 17 overs chasing down 201 on a green pitch and overcast conditions. Going pretty well at the moment, but a couple of quick wickets and we could be in big trouble.

wooo through to round 3!

Last season I got to round 4 before being knocked out. I should be able to make it there again cos my next opponent is likely to be ranked about 600 in the world. I'd then play 337 or 139 in the world and probably lose.

Good job mate. Guess they never got the quick wickets you were worried about. You always seem to get an easy passage in the Pavilion Cup.

Well 81st seed in the first round isn't really easy passage :p My players are pretty fatigued now I think, and that'll affect me badly in T20 and SOD

You got lucky :p

I'm kinda glad I got knocked out. I got an easy match for my T20 so my players get a chance to rest up. Then it'll be full strength all the way.

How does player's form increase? Because I had a player score a century and another score 90 odd and they're still on reasonable form...

Huge fatigue hit in that game.

1 revived
2 energetic
7 passable
2 satisfactory
1 moderate

Going to be playing youth players this week I think...

Well you say you're not looking to promote, so long as you don't come last, so playing a few youths will be good them.

And what a way to be knocked out of PC. I thought this would be easy victory and rested Senior players. But it cost me this...

Cumberworth won by 5 wickets

End of over 39 (22 runs) - Cumberworth(252-5) RR 6.46
A. McDonnell 57 (56b) , N. Bowler-Hyatt 82 (69b) , D. Vattikota 10-0-86-2

38.6 4 Vattikota to McDonnell : Short down the legside and McDonnell pulls it savagely behind square.
That is 50 runs for McDonnell (53 runs, 55b 4x4 1x6) SR:96.36

38.5 4 Vattikota to McDonnell : Drilled through the covers, Kapini makes excellent ground chasing around the boundary but his tumbling, sprawling effort doesn't quite manage to cut it off.

38.4 6 Vattikota to McDonnell : That was barely medium pace from Vattikota, and McDonnell had no trouble smashing that over long-off. Dropped in the crowd, though, as the spectator valued his beer above the catch.

38.3 4 Vattikota to McDonnell : Short, and McDonnell is quickly onto the pull, sending this racing away behind square to the boundary.

I'm playing a substandard team for my T20 match, with 3 first team players and two of them are batsman down at 6 and 7 in case something goes wrong. The other are my two all-rounders who are opening this match. I play only one of them in each full strength game. They got to 132 with Ameen taking four wickets. I'm currently 72/0 after 8.3 overs :)

Won my match by 8 wickets. Bowled out Iroq Typhoons for 102 with van Dalen taking 3/17 and Ali 3/20. Easy chase with Khozo finishing on 57 from 23.

I think I'll still be second in my league but that's only because of my NRR. Still unbeaten which is good.

Users who are viewing this thread