FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

Loving my current run in the youth league. 3 matches in a row, top of the table with a pretty high NRR, ever increasing match rating, top in both leading run scorers and wicket-takers.

My accumulator triggered his talent 9 times in my current match, in 39 balls :eek:

I'm currently 104/2 after 16 overs. Not really looking to win this match though.

I remember a match I played last season where the batsman's Boundary Hitter talent was activated for each and every boundary he hit bar one.

Currently 108/1 after 18 so smack on 6.00 RPO which is way too low for a flat pitch.

I remember a match I played last season where the batsman's Boundary Hitter talent was activated for each and every boundary he hit bar one.

Normally that does happen though. Khan, my youth boundary hitter from last season hit probably 85% of his boundaries from his talent.

They say setting your batsmen on defensive can help the talent to trigger more often. I tried that once with one of my batsmen and it seemed to work.

Got bowled out for 253 on a flat pitch with a run rate under 6.00. Still had 6 overs to bat out. Not acceptable. SidG11 currently 35/1. I hope I don't do an Iridium here.

I made 263/8 from my overs :) I had 3 youth playing and 1 second XI.

One of my bowlers took 2 wickets in his first over.

Don't think I'm going to win though

Goodness you haven't won a game yet in your OD league. Is everyone that tough or are you trying to manage fatigue?

I think we need to make a FTP glossary :p

Doing an Iridium - Losing when you have a higher rating than your opponent

Now we need to come up with some more terms :p

That would be the only entry in there :p

24.5 W Kapugedera to Mahajan : Good top spinner bowled by Kapugedera. Mahajan hasn't picked it and has gone for the slog sweep. That's gone way up in the air. Cleary calls it and takes the catch.
M. Mahajan c B. Cleary b. C. Kapugedera 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00
24.4 W Kapugedera to Moens : Moens goes for the sweep but the shot is not timed well and the top edge balloons up towards short fine leg.
N. Moens c C. Powell b. C. Kapugedera 42 (48b 0x4 2x6) SR:87.50

We need more of that to win.

I think we need to make a FTP glossary :p

Doing an Iridium - Losing when you have a higher rating than your opponent

Now we need to come up with some more terms :p

Well in mafia we have doing an Abhas - swapping sides at the end of the game to take your new side to victory

Kapugedera could win this for us. Another 2 wickets in 2 balls.

35.6 W Kapugedera to Ellis : Short of a good length delivery on the stumps, Ellis makes room and takes a swing. The ball clips the top edge and balloons up to mid-on.
J. Ellis c H. Weerasiri b. C. Kapugedera 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00
35.5 W Kapugedera to Jordan : Plumb LBW! Jordan has gone for a premeditated reverse sweep and made a complete mess of it, that has hit him in line and was going onto hit middle stump!
R. Jordan lbw b. C. Kapugedera 31 (33b 3x4 1x6) SR:93.94

Currently has figures of 8-0-43-4. Still has two overs to get to his 5-fer.

Doing a Chewie? That's a tough one 'cause he hasn't really done anything stupid.

----------

There it is:

37.6 W Kapugedera to Cannon : Good top spinner bowled by Kapugedera. Cannon hasn't picked it and has gone for the slog sweep. That's gone way up in the air. Cleary calls it and takes the catch.
A. Cannon c B. Cleary b. C. Kapugedera 4 (7b 0x4 0x6) SR:57.14
That is 5 wickets for Kapugedera!

Users who are viewing this thread