FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

Murray Oldroyd has finally scored his 1000th run for the club. 1031 OD runs, 105 catches, 26 stumpings and 678 T20 runs, 115 catches and 15 stumpings.

Can I know the order of preference for a particular 20-25 yo player having the same attributes ?

I mean , which is the most important aspect to consider for training (after the primary) out of these 4 :

Technique , Endurance , Power , Fielding .

Well yeah, I put primary and technique on the same line, they're the main factors, and normally I only go for technique within one level of the primary skill.

But then it's up to you what you train. Normally it's good to train some fielding while younger and then power once they hit 24 (24-26 is when power trains fastest).

Yeah I am also having such similar preferences but my main doubt is how significant is the endurance factor ? My apologies for being a tool asking so many questions . :p

----------

27.5 W Gala to Firebrace : [catch] Gone!! Firebrace flashes hard at a rising ball outside off stump, only to get a top edge that sails high down to third man, where it is pouched comfortably by Hendrie.
R. Firebrace c G. Hendrie b. A. Gala 0 (5b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

27.4 . Gala to Firebrace : [great fielding] What great fielding! Hendrie flung himself at the ball, stopped it with one hand before sending in a bullet throw back to Lydamore.
27.3 . Gala to Firebrace : And our cameraman has just focused in on that gorgeous lady in the crowd with the most revealing top. I'll have two of those! Uhh, the beers she's got in her hands I mean! Umm.. Dot ball as Firebrace leaves it.
27.2 . Gala to Firebrace : Really full delivery, Firebrace mistimes his punch and Gala makes a sprawling stop in his follow through.
27.1 . Gala to Firebrace : Superb delivery, pitching outside off and moving away, Firebrace beaten on the drive.
End of over 27 (4 runs) - JP Special(148-3) RR 5.48
J. Mazin 5 (9b) , R. Firebrace 0 (0b) , G. Hendrie 4-0-23-0
26.6 2 Hendrie to Mazin : That's come right off the meat of the bat and was so powerful that it went straight through the legs of Reid at cover. That's 2 more to the total.
26.5 . Hendrie to Mazin : [great fielding] Thompson jumps high and manages to stop both the ball and any chance of a run.
26.4 . Hendrie to Mazin : A group of spectators are giving players a hard time when they are fielding on the boundary and Reid is getting pretty annoyed with one particular chant they've come up with. I'm not going to repeat it; it's a family show and it doesn't even rhyme with Reid properly.
26.3 2 Hendrie to Mazin : Short ball outside off, Mazin goes for the big cut and gets an inside edge down to fine leg for a couple.
26.2 . Hendrie to Mazin : Scenes reminiscent of when I played the beautiful game back in the good old days, as Mazin applauds a great delivery from Hendrie, who gives a mild nod of acknowledgment back.
26.1 . Hendrie to Mazin : A wicked bouncer from Hendrie. Mazin did well to get out of the way of it.
End of over 26 (1 run) - JP Special(144-3) RR 5.54
R. Firebrace 0 (0b) , J. Mazin 1 (3b) , A. Gala 8-0-43-1
25.6 W Gala to Cusack : [runout] Cusack plays the ball on the on side and sets off for a quick single, but Mazin sends him back!. Cusack is caught in no man's land here as Samoei swoops in like an osprey for the kill, picks the ball up one handed and throws to Lydamore, who whips the bails off. Out! By a country mile.
T. Cusack run out (A. Samoei) 57 (69b 7x4 0x6) SR:82.61
25.5 . Gala to Cusack : Defended with a straight bat back to the bowler. No run.
25.4 1 Gala to Mazin : Short of a length delivery pitching outside off. Mazin presents an open blade and glides the ball through to third man.
25.3 . Gala to Mazin : An angry delivery from Gala, which spits up off the pitch, striking Mazin's grill.
25.2 . Gala to Mazin : Play and miss outside off stump
25.1 W Gala to Bakker : Nicked and gone! A simple catch for Lydamore, Bakker does not look too happy about that shot.
L. Bakker c P. Lydamore b. A. Gala 45 (51b 4x4 1x6) SR:88.24

P. Lydamore, L. Bakker, G. Hendrie, L. Fisher, A. Gala, T. Cusack, A. Hussain are no longer tired.

The drinks cart is now making its way onto the field.

Lol , cant believe that the drinks break is so dreaded . We have just fought our way back into the game .

Yeah I am also having such similar preferences but my main doubt is how significant is the endurance factor ? My apologies for being a tool asking so many questions . :p

From the rules :p:

Endurance Endurance has several important effects in the game. It determines the starting pool of energy each player is allocated. After every over, the following players will lose energy in decreasing order.

the bowler
the batsmen
the wicketkeeper
the fielding captain
all other fielders

The higher a player's endurance is, the more energy they will start a match with. When a player's energy falls below a certain point they will start to tire and their performance will be affected accordingly.
During the break between innings, all players who have lost energy will have some of it restored before the next innings begins.
Endurance is particularly important for all-rounders, fast bowlers, wicket keepers, captains and top order batsman, as they are generally the types of players who will use up the most energy during a match.
Endurance also directly affects the speed at which players recover from fatigue between matches.

This annoys me. I decided that we would bowl first and this is what we come up with the first 2 balls.

0.2 . Kouters to Rios : [dropped] Easy chance, but Fangman spilt it. Rios is riding his luck, much like Scotland did in the season seven U19 World Cup.
0.1 4 Kouters to Rios : [misfield] Overpitched and slipping down leg. Rios whips the delivery off his pads past a sprawling Thiessens at midwicket.

I liked that commentary part of the second ball , nice to see such constructive commentaries being added from the history of ftp .

Should train your seniors in fielding - then their wages won't go up.

Well finally Iridium's opener is gone :p

32.6 W Healy to Thompson : A wild slog induces a top edge that swirls in the air before being pouched by van der Hoeven
J. Thompson c L. van der Hoeven b. B. Healy 52 (101b 6x4 0x6) SR:51.49

End of over 33 (3 runs) - Iridium XI(108-8) RR 3.27
S. Buttsworth 8 (18b) , B. Pfaff 0 (0b) , B. Healy 5-0-18-1

Users who are viewing this thread