FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

To lose to an opponent with a lower match rating than yours. :p

I owned up in my match.

From the Pavilion - Free Online Cricket Management Game

Scored 335 batting first, with Lindeman whacking 162 off 109 balls, before Stanford finished the innings off with an aggressive half century.

They had an alright start, but then the two spinners came on and took 4 wickets each to skittle them for 112

That guy's in my SOD league lol Both newlynnstags and Black Caps

End of over 24 (2 runs) - DELHI'S BLASTER(117-7) RR 4.88
A. Sahgal 2 (6b) , B. Shefali 53 (55b) , R. Theeuwissen 8-0-32-1

Going great on a hard pitch favouring batsmen, should be an easy win.

Weird I could have sworn Black Caps was in one of my leagues

----------

oh he's in my youth league :p Except slightly different in name

Weird I could have sworn Black Caps was in one of my leagues

----------

oh he's in my youth league :p Except slightly different in name

lol Yea, he can't be in two youth leagues at once :p

----------

What exactly does that mean ? Might find that phrase useful a little later . :p

Don't listen to hat the others tell you. Doing an Iridium mean to be awesome. So what Varun was saying was that he did awesome in his T20 match.

Don't listen to hat the others tell you. Doing an Iridium mean to be awesome. So what Varun was saying was that he did awesome in his T20 match.

No it means losing when you have a higher match rating than the other team, named after Iridium cause he was the one who always did it originally.

And god my youth keeper had a horrible match behind the stumps but but then made up with it at the end, just getting us over the line in a very close game. van der Hoeven dropped 4 catches, while Prasanta dropped 2 as well, but that was all.

Anyway, Healy was the star with the ball taking 3/47 as they made 224/5 from their 40 overs.

We then lost Bleeker second ball before Salah and Young put on a good partnership, but Salah got out for 34. Omara and Young rebuilded the innings, but Young got out for 58 off 86, leaving us 81 runs to win off the last 11 overs, Omara and now Mol at the crease. Omara then got out a little later for 53, but Mol made an important cameo hitting 26 off 16 balls before getting out and it ended up leaving us 27 runs from 4 overs to get. We then needed 13 from 2 overs, but van der Hoevin finished it quickly with back to back boundaries as we won by 5 wickets with 6 balls to spare, Yousif finishing 27* off 22.

Bowling:

Bollinger 1/34 (8)
Healy 3/47 (8)
Bol 0/49 (8)
Yousif 0/36 (8)
Prasanta 1/46 (8)

Batting:

Bleeker 0 (2)
Salah 34 (37)
Young 58 (86)
Omara 53 (67)
Mol 26 (16)
Yousif 27* (22)
van der Hoeven 15* (7)

Well that means 2/2 against the other top team in our group, but now we just need to make sure we're not upset by the Mighty Mints again, who I play next week.

Yes I have unfortunately :(

My youth keeper is awesome. You should buy him off me Hedger :p

I'm thinking that once my existing gun 18year olds graduate to my senior side I'm just going to ignore my youth team until I'm earning a consistent amount of money in the seniors. I have no youth players after them that are any good (apart from Tim Lindeman mark II) so there's no point investing anything into the academy. That gives me 10k more to play around with, and they'll have a lower wage as well. And you don't earn much from youth matches.

Users who are viewing this thread