FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

Okay by firing deadwoods instead of selling them for a reasonable price , what's the use financially ? Only the player wages sort of gets reduced .

Yeah, wages are reduced, players aren't likely to sell on the TM anyway, and it's a 1k listing fee so you may as well fire them, but wait until you buy new players to replace them.

Don't have too many players in your squad. 15 in the senior squad, I think is enough and I guess have however many you want in the youth squad, but below 20 since each season, you're going to lose a few and you don't want to be playing with ████ players.

Okay , now where do I get to see the players up for sale in the market ? All I see when I enter the transfer market is a search parameter . For a noob like me , those parameters aren't yielding anything .

Just don't put anything in, or just search batting/bowling (whatever one), minimum Reliable, then technique minimum capable, and fielding minimum ordinary or something like that and see who's for sale that could fit your team.

I wouldn't spend massive amounts on transfers just yet since you'll be able to win pretty easily still with only reliable players in your first season or two, but after a while, you can start signing a lot better players, when you have more sponsorship and gate receipts so you don't lose money each week.

Thanks for the tips man , found them pretty helpful . :thumbs

----------

And is it wise enough for me to buy players straight away boasting wages > 5000 ??

So long as it doesn't make your wage bill too high it's alright. I'd look for wages around 3k at the start.

Here's a nice player to buy. Just make sure you don't spend a huge amount of money on him, but he is a very handy new player to have. Young, decent experience and secondaries and accomplished batting and tech.

From the Pavilion - Free Online Cricket Management Game

Kamikaze Kangaroos >> Pim Van Buuren >> Details
Player Info
21 years old | 33,552 rating | $3,243 wage

Left hand batsman | Right arm Finger spin

Talents Arm Ball
Nationality Netherlands
Form capable
Fatigue revived
Experience average
Captaincy average
Skills Summary
Batsman reliable
Bowler dreadful
Keeper dreadful
Allrounder poor
Skills
Batting accomplished Endurance reasonable
Bowling dreadful Technique accomplished
Keeping dreadful Power average
Fielding reasonable

----------

Good start in our chase.

End of over 11 (5 runs) - Hedger's Team(72-0). 187 runs required from 29 overs. RR 6.55 RRR 6.45
Y. Salah 22 (26b) , N. Bleeker 45 (40b) , K. Kenyatta 2-0-14-0

Bleeker really on fire. Salah going alright.

And the fielding is paying off. We only had 10 misfields and one dropped catch (which was in the 38th over anyway) while they already have had 5 misfields in those 11 overs.

Just make sure you don't spend a huge amount of money on him

Anything less than 35k should do fine I guess ? Saw the first page in the transfers thread where I saw you bid over 100k on a couple of good players , so just wanna confirm the barrier I shouldn't exceed .

Don't spend more than 10k per player I'd say.

----------

When I first started I got a whole team of reliable players for about 1k each. Prices have gone up a bit but it shouldn't be too expensive to find decent players.

Well I've been playing for ages though and I don't spend much on wages since I focus on youths 90%, and only have like 4 very good senior players.

And yeah, 10-15k max probably on each player.

Still in this, thanks to a few more misfields. Young really needs to push on now.

End of over 22 (8 runs) - Hedger's Team(128-2). 131 runs required from 18 overs. RR 5.82 RRR 7.28
V. Omara 15 (14b) , M. Young 22 (29b) , K. Kenyatta 7-0-37-0

lol, don't you just love it when your batsman score 10 runs an over easily after going at 1-4 runs for the rest of the game. :p

End of over 31 (9 runs) - Hedger's Team(188-2). 71 runs required from 9 overs. RR 6.06 RRR 7.89
V. Omara 49 (39b) , M. Young 46 (59b) , A. Shuvo 8-0-47-1

24 runs in the last 2 overs, and 31 in the last 3.

----------

btw, there's been 5 misfields in the last 3 over which has given us another 12 runs.

End of over 33 (11 runs) - Hedger's Team(209-2). 50 runs required from 7 overs. RR 6.33 RRR 7.14
M. Young 57 (65b) , V. Omara 59 (45b) , T. Bentley 5-0-33-0

----------

This match is too close :(

End of over 37 (8 runs) - Hedger's Team(235-4). 24 runs required from 3 overs. RR 6.35 RRR 8.00
A. Yousif 0 (1b) , M. Young 69 (74b) , T. Bentley 7-0-46-1

----------

Young has turned it around though with 2 boundaries in 3 balls.

End of over 38 (11 runs) - Hedger's Team(246-4). 13 runs required from 2 overs. RR 6.47 RRR 6.50
A. Yousif 1 (2b) , M. Young 79 (79b) , D. Drogba 7-0-46-1

There's no way I can lose from here, could I?

████ ████ ████.

End of over 39 (4 runs) - Hedger's Team(250-5). 9 runs required from 1 overs. RR 6.41 RRR 9.00
M. Young 81 (82b) , L. van der Hoeven 0 (0b) , T. Bentley 8-0-50-1

And great fielding to keep van der Hoeven one strike. Crap.

----------

5 from 2 balls, as Prasanta hits a boundary.

----------

2 runs to leave 3 runs needed off the last ball to win. I wanted a single :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread