FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

Yea it is but I'd rather keep a decent academy level to develop my players. And I have 13 in senior and youth squads so I can't really get rid of anyone...

lol I'm getting owned by AP. 97/7 at the moment

I made the pitch Uneven instead of Green, when I have two medium pacers and two FMs.

108/7 now, my ave bat all-rounder is nearing a half century :D (He's reliable summary for some weird reason)

I accidently put the pitch on random and it picked green. Big load of good that's doing 'cause Akshay is caning me right now 318/6 from 45 overs.

I also included a spinner (which I didn't want) instead of my rf bowler so my spinner ended up opening the bowling. Disaster all round.

lol nice

I see Haarithan has started playing?

hahahaha I got to 160 in the end thanks to my tail and now Cawse has got them down to 19/3 :D

----------

You should be able to win Iridium because two of his bowlers are youth players so you can just waste them.

Evidence of the importance of good fielding can be seen in my match against AP.

In my innings he had 12 instances of bad fielding with 3 drops I think. This resulted in 27 extra runs conceded, and 4 wicket opportunities lost. That included this:

17.3 4 Dunbar to Cawse : [misfield] Oh dear, what a mess! Steepling top edge down to fine leg, Ranjan decides to rush in and try to pull off the catch, but realises far too late that he can't get there and the ball ends up bouncing over his dive and away for four.
17.2 4 Dunbar to Cawse : [misfield] Caterer flings a hand out but is unable to stop the ball racing away. 4 is the result.
17.1 4 Dunbar to Cawse : [misfield] Powers flings a hand out but is unable to stop the ball racing away. 4 is the result.

He also had 8 [great fielding]s and 4 [catch]es.

So far in his innings I have only one instance of bad fielding - a dropped catch (from Tindall who was Hedger's player...) I have also had 7 [great fielding]s and 1 [catch]. The amount of runs I have saved is a good representation of the importance of fielding. As well as these checks, there would be a hidden element of runs saved as well.

And then I just go and concede two misfields in a row :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread