FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

Just lost my first wicket.

23.4 W Arman to Young : That's the spot to bowl, and he's got his reward. Niggling line just outside off stump, Young fends at it and is caught behind.
M. Young c B. Chowdhury b. N. Arman 121 (84b 15x4 1x6) SR:144.05

End of over 24 (3 runs) - Hedger's Team(228-1) RR 9.50
R. Mol 0 (2b) , Y. Salah 99 (61b) , N. Arman 8-0-61-1

btw Hedger, Spinners do benefit from power, just no where near as much as batsmen or fast bowlers so people never bother training it.

Experience is very useful for new teams. My team now has terrible experience levels and is what holds us down quite often (and is the main reason why Iridium's happen I think).

There are huge debates about fielding over on the FTP forums. Most people agree that you need a decent level. I like to aim for reliable, as Hedger said, but on some players it's ok to have a little less I feel (for example all-rounders).

I won my youth game pretty easily. New highest match rating which makes me the highest in my league. But I'm still third on the table, and don't really want to promote.

----------

And I don't have much money left :( Going to run out next week or the week after I feel...

Experience is very useful for new teams. My team now has terrible experience levels and is what holds us down quite often (and is the main reason why Iridium's happen I think).

Couldn't agree with you more. Most of my players were bought back when I was looking solely at batting/bowling skill and technique. As it happens, they all had pretty rubbish experience which does drag my team down from time to time.

I try to have a few experienced heads in my side - I had Jabir Hanna (30 odd years old, few international games for UAE) for a while, and then now I've got a guy called Andrew White, 27 YO with pretty good exp.

I'm having a pretty good season. Unbeaten in T20s and Youth games so far, and 3rd in ODI with only 1 game lost all season. So that's good. Senior Squad developing well; all minnow players and are gaining in experience and skill. Got a nice mix with the bowling attack (2 RFs, 2 RFMs, 2Ms, 1 LWS and 1 RFS), and enough batting depth. My back up keeper has barely played too.

Youth team is going to be hurt after this season though, lots of pretty decent players leaving. I'll be promoting too, and will play next season with a weaker squad so it'll be tricky. Might dip into the TM to sign some talent since my YPs this season haven't been great; although I don't like the idea of buying young talent unless they'll definitely make my senior squad up graduating.

On that note...don't think I'll be keeping any of my graduates this season. Only one players aged 27, rest are 24 YO or younger, so in no rush to start grooming any replacements either. Probably will start some time in the next few seasons.

Youth team is going to be hurt after this season though, lots of pretty decent players leaving. I'll be promoting too, and will play next season with a weaker squad so it'll be tricky. Might dip into the TM to sign some talent since my YPs this season haven't been great; although I don't like the idea of buying young talent unless they'll definitely make my senior squad up graduating.

That's exactly what happened to me this season. Promoted when all my best players had gone to the senior side. However, a couple of decent youth pulls later and my team is almost stronger than my former one and I'm competing well in my league.

That said, I'm guessing your league will be much tougher than mine.

haha, well I need to promote in Youth this season. I should probably win the league above me next season so promoting this season is very important since my team is likely going to be good enough for Div 2 for next season at least, considering I'm in the top 20 in the country and I have only 1 19 yo in my team.

Well firstly probably a couple of tips.

Don't invest too much in academies early on. It is just easier to pick up cheap players off the transfer market that don't need much training.

I wouldn't upgrade your ground until you've filled it out a fair few times (pretty obvious)

Set out all your players training so they can improve.

Try to buy a couple of good players early on so you have a chance at earning some decent prize money by the end of the season (I wouldn't worry about youth just yet). Then fire some of your dead wood.

On the transfer market, I'd be looking for players with the following skills.

Batting/Bowling: Reliable (Try to pick up a couple of Accomplished players as well
Tech: Reliable (Try not to get technique more than 1 level below primary but Reliable/Reliable players barely cost anything, provided they are over 19.
Endurance: Average/Reasonable (Mainly depends on age, I guess. Try to get average at least but endurance barely affects price between Average and Reliable so I wouldn't worry)
Fielding: This is where your opinions come into it. Some people like Chewie, like all their players to have Reliable fielding, while others like myself don't mind fielding provided it's average or above.
Power: Again, up to you. Normally ordinary power is good enough to start off with, but I'd be looking at average.
Experience: Doesn't matter much but does play a fairly big role so if you can manage to pick a player up with Reliable+ experience, then it is a big bonus.

And a note about power, spinners don't need power so there is no need to train it. On pace bowlers, batsman and all-rounders, power plays an important part.

Wow, that's really helpful :thumbs

Does fielding not have a big impact then?

I disagree with Hedger. Everyone talks about how important fielding is on the FTP forums. Even the creater/programmer of the game.

----------

Hedger's Pakistan. I'm New Zealand.

Don't worry, I'll focus on it more when I rebuild my senior team again.

And all my youth players are now ordinary+ fielding.

I think when you're first starting off and just looking to promote, you don't really need to worry about secondaries as much. Just worry about getting players with good primaries (bat/bowl/tech) and experience.

An easy win today on a green track.
We posted 225 on board with help of Brady's 66 and Llango-Lata's late hittings.
In turn, Lata once again shown with the ball taking 3-23, Hafeez picked up 3 as well.

Just to let everyone know, I'm now one of the NAT U19 Assistants for the Netherlands. It's a good experience for me so I'm hoping to do well in the job.

Users who are viewing this thread