FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

My match was pretty close but a few players won it for me in the end - the two Tim Lindemans, van Huffesteijn and my wicket-keeper Stanford.

They were cruising along at 90-1 but then they continually lost wickets, ending up all out for 162. Lindemand and van Huffesteijn both took four wickets.

Battingwise we were doing alright and then this happened:

9.3 W Sternberg to Wijma : Slightly short and coming in with the angle, too good a delivery for Wijma, who fails to get bat on ball and is caught plumb in front of the stumps.
S. Wijma lbw b. J. Sternberg 23 (29b 2x4 0x6) SR:79.31
9.4 W Sternberg to Arnold : Fuller length delivery outside the off stump. Arnold drives away from his body with no real foot-work. It looked like the bat hit the ground - hard to say if there was an edge involved.
E. Arnold c B. Moore b. J. Sternberg 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00
9.5 . Sternberg to Lotz : In the zone outside off stump, Lotz lets that one go through to Moore.
9.6 W Sternberg to Lotz : Wait is the call, Baker misfields and the batters take off. Lotz is well short of his ground and is run out. The lesson here ladies and gents, is never run on a misfield.
J. Lotz run out (M. Baker) 0 (2b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

Which was pretty annoying and left Lindeman and Stanford at the crease, basically the last batsmen left. These two however were great and navigated the sticky pitch well to both score half centuries and get us home by 6 wickets with 4 overs remaining.

Young and Mol, you absolute legends. 150 run unbeaten partnership to win the must win game for us. Healy starred with 3/38, although at 4/26 and 5/98, we should have restricted them to less than the 214/7 which they got.

We fell behind though to be 60/3 and in a fair bit of trouble but Young and Mol were absolutely lethal with the bat, Young making 88* off 87 while Mol made 77* off 66 as we won by 7 wickets with just over 5 overs remaining.

Centuries from Allen (156) and Cleary (105) set us up for a big total of 358/5. And once Pfaff claimed two wickets in the first over, the game was as good as gone.

Rating increases with the increase in attributes, and attributes can only be increased via training, so I think the answer should be yes.

Another loss in the Youth One dayers , safe for the moment given my relegation rivals slipped up too . However a defeat next week could go South for us .

How is it that the bottom 2 sides in each division get relegated while only the top team gets promoted? Makes no sense to me .

EDIT : Never mind , read the Prize money section and got the point .

Last edited:
haha, I was about to say, there's twice as many leagues in the Division lower.

----------

is a player's rating related to how much training he's had?

Well it's mainly his skills (which can be increased by training while exp can go up by playing matches) and his current form. Fatigue might be counted in that but I'm not sure.

Form and fatigue don't have an effect on player ratings... they do affect match ratings though

Users who are viewing this thread