FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
An easy victory today in SOD by 70 runs, forgot to set the lineup but still got 152k ratings, so pretty happy with it.
Coleman yet again shone with the ball taking 6 wickets and made a handy contribution with the bat too.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Just dominated by 176 runs. O'Keeffe made 89* off 41 while O'Leary made 80* off 38 and Murch scored 73 off 35 as we scored 252/2, before Lansing took 3 wickets in an over (took 3/8 from 2 overs) before we rolled them for 76, Goedhart 3/24, Yousif 2/15 and Dysart and Healy a wicket each.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
A 168 run win for Liverpool over the bottom most side of my t20 division. Started with 4 youths and 2 not-so-regular seniors, so all in all, my B-team took them out pretty convincingly in the end. Amlana Visvakarman, the guy upon whom I was so mad at the end of last season, has been a massive revelation to our side thus far this season, and registered his career best score of an unbeaten 140 coming off just 68 deliveries. Having lost WKB Samoei early after his brief cameo, Visvakarman combined with Noton Hanna to amass 170 runs for the second wicket off just 83 balls, before the latter fell for a well made 55 off 33. Curtin then came in and played a gun of a cameo plundering an unbeaten 36 off just 13 deliveries (:D) to end our innings at 250-2. Then our bowlers ripped apart their batting lineup with wickets at regular intervals to bowl them out for just 82. 19 year old debutant and also my most expensive youth buy in Hiram Warner was mightily impressive finishing with figures of 3/13 off his 4 overs. Others included Curtin 2/16 (4) (:D), Tirumalai 2/13 (4), Aamer Hussain 1/21 (4) & Khoury 2/9 (2).

Last edited:

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Shhh, this's just a pathetic opposition that he's bowled to. :p Just wait and see what happens when he bowls to quality oppositions. :p His batting is absolutely gun though.

Aussie Team

Panel of Selectors
Youth 6.16

Won the youth game, Deane and Massey played with great fluency to both reach their half-centuries. Deane's occupied 58 balls and featured seven fours, while Massey's came off 51 deliveries, with three boundaries. The opposite side used plenty of bowlers, they actually used 9 bowlers with everyone going over 6 runs per over. In reply they made a steady start and failed to gain any early momentum to their innings as the left-arm Grigg took 5fer.

Aussie XI: 255/7
Chooks Porridge Cricket Club: 149 a/o
Man of the match: Owen Grigg

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
A comfortable 78 run win for me. O'Leary led the way with 85 off 71 while some solid starts from the rest of the batsman, Omara 37, Moxly 34*, Murch 32 and Mol 29 as we made 267/9 and we did well with the ball after they were 3/137 to be bowled out for 189, Phillips with 3/30 in what will likely be his last season at 33 years of age and rapidly declining, Whiteman took 3/45, Bollinger bowled an economical spell of 1/31 from his 10 overs and Baldry took 1/36 off 6.

Aidan O'Leary and Murray Oldroyd now have both played 99 OD matches for the club and will become the first players to play in 100 OD matches next week. Phillips has played in 95 matches. Phillips has also now passed 180 club wickets but will need to hope for a miraculous end to the season if he wants to reach 200 (currently 182) but no matter what he ends up with, he will always be a club legend, and I have to say the best $95,000 I've ever spent apart from maybe Tindall for $44,000.

btw Chewie, were you still going to sell Tindall to me at the end of the season?

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Owned my opposition having fielded my B team.

Darby Daudlers 126 all out (26.1 overs)
Thompson 4/27 (7.1), Tirumalai 3/40 (10), Aamer Hussain 2/30 (7)

Liverpool Lightnings 130/0 (18 overs)
Visvakarman 72* (55), Samoei 57* (53)

Man of the match: Amlana Visvakarman (3 points), Philip Thompson (2), Ade Samoei (1)

With that win, I move second in my division, separated only on NRR to the first placed side.

Users who are viewing this thread