Game now available in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ very nice and honest impression.

this is really cheap like 40 euros.

----------

Can you give number or name of the shop wanted to give it to a friend.

Try Kamran at Delawala he is the cheapest 0321-2535153
Game Ocean - 03009292939 - Dont pay more than 6000

Sounds like a lot of your issues are about the broadcasting camera. Did you have the same issues when playing from the default, built-for-purpose camera that the entire control system has been built around?

Just a point on shadows - the number of shadows a person casts depends on the number and position of light sources surely?

Any chance to see a gameplay footage?

Hmm ... let me see what I can do. I promise nothing though. Hopefully others who have the game would upload them sooner.

----------

Sounds like a lot of your issues are about the broadcasting camera. Did you have the same issues when playing from the default, built-for-purpose camera that the entire control system has been built around?

You are right & I did give a disclaimer about it saying that I played the game mostly in broadcast cam so all my opinions are based around it.

I did play with the default cam for few minutes & would retry again once I go back home. I am holding back my opinion on those few minutes until I replay it.

Just a point on shadows - the number of shadows a person casts depends on the number and position of light sources surely?

Yes. Usually cricket stadiums have four floodlight towers, so we usually see four shadows per player. I think any cricket game's engine & physics (&/or what ever is involved) should be intelligent enough to know this. We are after all living in 2014.

Last edited:
Yes. Usually cricket stadiums have four floodlight towers, so we usually see four shadows per player. I think any cricket game's engine & physics (&/or what ever is involved) should be intelligent enough to know this. We are after all living in 2014.

They all have different numbers: I was checking if you were sure there were 4 in the one you were playing in. (MCG and SCG both have 6, etc)

You are right there.

That part is complicated one. But to be honest right now I am with 5/10 score. At present I have observed things that are more disappointing then things that impressive. Here is the list of disappointments:

1. Camera work in the field in my opinion is very poor.

* In broadcasting camera when you hit a shot the camera suddenly shifts to semi-over the head view from behind the batsman. So, if you have hit the ball to the leg side it will suddenly look like you hit it to the offside. In the beginning it confused me & I am still not liking this.

* Broadcasting Cam is nothing like the TV Broadcasting.

* There are three Field Camera options: Field Cam 1, Field Cam 2, & Broadcast Cam. I have yet to figure out the difference between them as they all seem the same to me. (If others get different views & this is a glitch in my game please inform).

(Note that I have been playing the game in Broadcasting Cam only, so my opinions are based on this only. I have tried other cams but not that extensively.)

2. The high in the air, sixes and fours animation is not exciting, & virtually not existing.

* The camera work in this regard is very poor as well.

* Remember the huge straight sixes we all love so much & its straight cam view? Its not there.

3. The crowd is not exciting.

* I was playing as Australia in Australia and hitting sixes and fours & I had almost low-static crowd response.

* Crowd noise is only slightly better then IC'10 though.

4. Commentators don't seem to be much interested in the sport.

5. I got caught at the boundary, the fielder threw the boll in the air & it went over the rope. It should have been a six but I remained out.

* Even BLIC'99 had this fixed & the game awarded you a six or a four if this happened.

6. Some stadiums that look great in the daylight suddenly turn average looking under the flood lights.

7. The shadows in the game are poor.

* Under flood lights we see four shadows of every player. Here we see a single vague shadow. We had this four shadow thing in the BLIC'99 - that was 15 years ago.

8. Bowled animation has not impressed me so far, especially with fast bowlers.

* I was hoping to see wickets flying.

9. I didn't feel any excitment while playing the game (I was more excited buying it).

Impressive Points

* BA Review system

* Some of the non-playable animations

* Few nice & slightly funny sentences in the commentary

* The batting controls - of course.

* Played few minutes of a test match & I have an impression that tests may be enjoyable.

* In casual matches I have noticed that there are fewer people in the crowd & you can see many empty seats.

In conclusion: 'At this point' I wouldn't go as far to say that its the greatest cricket game ever. At the best, for me at least, it is in competition with IC'10, albeit with more up-to-date features. I have had more fun playing BLIC'99 & EA Cricket 2004 then DBC'14, but then I have played it for about few hours only. My impression of the game may change as I play it more.

WOW you make it sound like the game is utter shit.:eek:

They all have different numbers: I was checking if you were sure there were 4 in the one you were playing in. (MCG and SCG both have 6, etc)

True, & Dubai has no towers at all. But the argument is not about number of towers its about the shadows under floodlights, which I have not seen in this game.

Mmm am not really a fan of broadcast camera anyway, but interesting review there. Would be eager to see if you have change of opinions from other camera angles.

5. I got caught at the boundary, the fielder threw the boll in the air & it went over the rope. It should have been a six but I remained out.

* Even BLIC'99 had this fixed & the game awarded you a six or a four if this happened.

Incorrect, if the fielder has control of the ball then he can do what he wants with it. He could go high 5 the crowd if he wants (which has been done). It's only if he does a Herschelle Gibbs and celebrates before controlling the ball that it doesn't count as a catch.

I must say even tho you have played it for a few hours or whatever any review in these early days are not accurate. Need to be played much more and played how the dev's intended you to play it.

You are right there.

That part is complicated one. But to be honest right now I am with 5/10 score. At present I have observed things that are more disappointing then things that impressive. Here is the list of disappointments:

1. Camera work in the field in my opinion is very poor.

* In broadcasting camera when you hit a shot the camera suddenly shifts to semi-over the head view from behind the batsman. So, if you have hit the ball to the leg side it will suddenly look like you hit it to the offside. In the beginning it confused me & I am still not liking this.

* Broadcasting Cam is nothing like the TV Broadcasting.

* There are three Field Camera options: Field Cam 1, Field Cam 2, & Broadcast Cam. I have yet to figure out the difference between them as they all seem the same to me. (If others get different views & this is a glitch in my game please inform).

(Note that I have been playing the game in Broadcasting Cam only, so my opinions are based on this only. I have tried other cams but not that extensively.)

2. The high in the air, sixes and fours animation is not exciting, & virtually not existing.

* The camera work in this regard is very poor as well.

* Remember the huge straight sixes we all love so much & its straight cam view? Its not there.

3. The crowd is not exciting.

* I was playing as Australia in Australia and hitting sixes and fours & I had almost low-static crowd response.

* Crowd noise is only slightly better then IC'10 though.

4. Commentators don't seem to be much interested in the sport.

6. Some stadiums that look great in the daylight suddenly turn average looking under the flood lights.

7. The shadows in the game are poor.

* Under flood lights we see four shadows of every player. Here we see a single vague shadow. We had this four shadow thing in the BLIC'99 - that was 15 years ago.

8. Bowled animation has not impressed me so far, especially with fast bowlers.

* I was hoping to see wickets flying.

9. I didn't feel any excitment while playing the game (I was more excited buying it).

Impressive Points

* BA Review system

* Some of the non-playable animations

* Few nice & slightly funny sentences in the commentary

* The batting controls - of course.

* Played few minutes of a test match & I have an impression that tests may be enjoyable.

* In casual matches I have noticed that there are fewer people in the crowd & you can see many empty seats.

In conclusion: 'At this point' I wouldn't go as far to say that its the greatest cricket game ever. At the best, for me at least, it is in competition with IC'10, albeit with more up-to-date features. I have had more fun playing BLIC'99 & EA Cricket 2004 then DBC'14, but then I have played it for about few hours only. My impression of the game may change as I play it more.

Most of the points you mentioned doesn't seem to be a worry in this video, though I would say everybody have their own views.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIDAWrnj6g4

Incorrect, if the fielder has control of the ball then he can do what he wants with it. He could go high 5 the crowd if he wants (which has been done). It's only if he does a Herschelle Gibbs and celebrates before controlling the ball that it doesn't count as a catch.

Well, I guess I am wrong there, and I am glad about it. Now I can cross it off my list :)

Last edited:
Wohooo, just got my copy of DBC 14 for my ps3. The only reason I still have my PS3 and specially registered for planet cricket to upload pics.

I will post a review of the game in 2 weeks time, after i play the career mode. Havent played the game yet....woooooo.....woooo

People can also order it online here in Pakistan:

Don Bradman Cricket 14 PS3 - ShopON Pakistan

Attachments

• Cover_1.jpg
    Cover_1.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 23
  • back_1.jpg
    back_1.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 18
  • inside_1.jpg
    inside_1.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 18