Game now available in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wohooo, just got my copy of DBC 14 for my ps3. The only reason I still have my PS3 and specially registered for planet cricket to upload pics.

I will post a review of the game in 2 weeks time, after i play the career mode. Havent played the game yet....woooooo.....woooo

People can also order it online here in Pakistan:

Don Bradman Cricket 14 PS3 - ShopON Pakistan

Can you kindly upload some footage?

what a surprise, watching someone play a video game isn't very exciting

Hmm some worrying comments in your short review. But I would not look much into it as it is only a brief glimpse. I will put in a few hours when I have the game tomorrow. My review will be up on Sunday.

Will definitely try and upload some videos soon! Pak Vs India ! today I'll play tomorrow will upload for sure!

I think Karachi has covered a lot of the points quite well. I have the game myself and the camera work is shoddy.. been playing career mode and when my partner (AI) hits the ball down the ground (pretty much anywhere on the ground but this mostly happens down the ground) and I'm at the non-strikers end I'm not even sure as to whether I should run or not (in Career mode when your partner hits a shot you're still the one who calls a run or not, regardless of where it's hit), because the camera doesn't show where the ball is headed towards and whether there's a fielder there or not until around a few seconds later, where if I start running then I just end up getting run out.

Same thing when you're batting and you hit a pull shot or any shot on the leg side. The camera zooms out after the shot is played but has a buffer-time of around a second or two before it shows you where the ball is on the field, by that time you've probably missed out on a run and might end up getting run out.

Karachi covers most points quite well, actually.

I'll definitely do that as soon i pop the disc in my PS3. Will get to do that in 3-4 hours...:)

Well no one noticed that in the hands on session or any other videos put on by Bigant.

Interesting to hear about the broadcast camera, I remember watching one of the play session videos and the broadcast cam seemed a bit skew-whiff.

"because the camera doesn't show where the ball is headed towards and whether there's a fielder there or not until around a few seconds later, where if I start running then I just end up getting run out."

Can you use the first person cam you use to scan the field when batting at the non-strikers end?

Though I dont have the game I'l quickly take the opportunity to point this out to BigAnt based on above comments:
#1 Regarding calling for a run goes, I think its best to go by the real life way of doing it. *Behind square, its non striker's call and otherwise the striker's.* That should solve a lot of camera issues.
#2 Now incase the striker is the user, let the camera view follow the ball if its front of square instead of zooming out. And as I believe YESs and NOs have been recorded, the non striker's calls would be heard in case of quick singles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread