Gameplay

infernal_creed

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Something I observed while playing, call me a novice if you wish. The bowlers when they gain confidence bowl those special deliveries however when you start attacking them, especially for the meduim fast bowlers you have to strike before they release the bowl from the hand or in the case of fast bowlers when they are in motion of bowling the ball. When their bowling confidence is down you have then wait till ball just bounces and you can strike. Its just an observation, care to clear me out.

Benauds appreci

Club Cricketer
I can't say that I have noticed that infernal creed.
The speed of the delivery towards you can be different...irrespective of bowlers confidence/special deliveries.

Yes...where the ball will pitch/deviate can change when the bowler has full confidence

And yes...."special" short pitched balls do appear to be a little faster than "nornal" short pitched ones, (probably because they are hardly ever avoided and slam into the batsmans body/head).

I generally play an attacking straight drive to fast/medium fast bowlers when their confidence is at maximum.

If the ball becomes fully pitched..then it generally goes for runs.... if a bouncer it hits you...but you can get back up to maximum batting confidence within 3 or 4 balls.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Dont worry about that confidence meter, just play the ball on its merit!

Users who are viewing this thread