NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Just saw this and its just sad. Ireland board does not even have an idea if they will broadcast this series. Top to bottom shambles. All matches apart from top 8 teams should be on ICC tv. All cricket matches. Does not matter if there is commentary or not, does not matter if it has 30 cameras or not, just stream it on Youtube. A lot of small cricket clubs do that, why cant ICC provide that?

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just saw this and its just sad. Ireland board does not even have an idea if they will broadcast this series. Top to bottom shambles. All matches apart from top 8 teams should be on ICC tv. All cricket matches. Does not matter if there is commentary or not, does not matter if it has 30 cameras or not, just stream it on Youtube. A lot of small cricket clubs do that, why cant ICC provide that?
They can. They just don't want to.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
They can. They just don't want to.
I wish someday I think someone out of nowhere should challenge the shit out of ICC. Have a rebel board and start from scratch.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I wish someday I think someone out of nowhere should challenge the shit out of ICC. Have a rebel board and start from scratch.
Reality is franchise cricket/private investors is the challenge and they are winning. Partly because the ICC is made up of boards that are poorly run, short-sighted, greedy, self-interested and in many instances complicit in the takeover.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Reality is franchise cricket/private investors is the challenge and they are winning. Partly because the ICC is made up of boards that are poorly run, short-sighted, greedy, self-interested and in many instances complicit in the takeover.
So it is inevitable that in 10 years from now, international cricket like football will just exist in world cups and tests. T20's and ODI's will be gone. With ECB asking IPL owners for The Hundred, the spread of businesses investing in franchise cricket, they will become the next boards.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
So it is inevitable that in 10 years from now, international cricket like football will just exist in world cups and tests. T20's and ODI's will be gone. With ECB asking IPL owners for The Hundred, the spread of businesses investing in franchise cricket, they will become the next boards.
For me it's context. Always been this issue with international cricket. A tournament is great because you have winners and losers. There's A LOT of cricket tournaments that you could just say, well let's not bother with all the meaningless international stuff in between. I'd expect that'd be the preference of franchise owners and people who stand to profit from it.

Personally I'd like matches to have more meaning so that teams are prepared to play their best players otherwise international cricket is a low quality product. We just had India A v Australia A but it's branded as India v Australia so we're supposed to care more but ultimately it's fans that are getting short changed but we still pay the same subs, the same ticket prices to watch lesser sides playing. You don't get that in franchises leagues. Not every match has to have something riding on it but I feel like at least 50% should.

An international T20 league could been one way, a decent ODI qualification pathway. Proper test championship. None of the half-baked options which clearly exist to give the illusion of context to all this bilateral cricket. I would generally favour meeting in the middle. Say 10 best finishers from the ODI World Cup would automatically qualify for the next one (like rugby, like they have done with the T20 WC) and go into the Champions Trophy (which could be two groups of five) played as qualifiers, tri-series. Top three teams from those then go into a final Champions Trophy tournament. Other ten ODI teams could play in a similar tournament for qualification for the next World Cup. Top 4 qualify, then perhaps a play off with the best non-ODI sides with the other six for two more places. Lowest placed teams in that comp lose ODI status (unless a full member of course :rolleyes)

Of course they could just give everyone ODI status like they did with T20s.

It's not like the ICC can't arrange could competitions with meaning - associate cricket is the perfect example, women's cricket too - I love the Ashes points system. Could we not have a mult-format competition instead of the WTC? you can maintain the importance of Test Cricket that way. In my opinion.

Andrew Nixon responded to Bertus' thread which has some good points too.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
With ECB asking IPL owners for The Hundred
At this rate BBL will be the only one left & hopefully it remains that way forever! I would rather watch Mackenzie Harvey than Virat Kohli as long as no team is called MI Melbourne or MI Sydney or whatever!

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
At this rate BBL will be the only one left & hopefully it remains that way forever! I would rather watch Mackenzie Harvey than Virat Kohli as long as no team is called MI Melbourne or MI Sydney or whatever!
Thats the thing, while these IPL owners are taking over, there is no sense of innovation left even in IPL. Its all about money and business. Imagine MI London lol!

But on the other end, how long before CA crave for more money and sell their soul to IPL owners.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Thats the thing, while these IPL owners are taking over, there is no sense of innovation left even in IPL. Its all about money and business. Imagine MI London lol!

But on the other end, how long before CA crave for more money and sell their soul to IPL owners.
CA won't mind that but people will f*** CA in the ass! Also, BBL happens alongside our home summer unlike other leagues where countries stop playing internationally so not really an option.

Users who are viewing this thread